Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:55:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: is it a pattern of new scam: in the name of KYC, lock their fund.  (Read 218 times)
ggbtctalk000 (OP)

Activity: 394
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 20, 2021, 04:25:47 AM

----------- UPDATE ------------
For a US based customer who are duped or continually being duped by binance's wrongdoing, there is an BBB URL where Binance's US location is available. I filed a complaint against them and they have attempted to reach twice but for no response. BBB recommended me to reach out to attorney general office as a next step. I am wondering what could entail. I need to explore all the possibilities including this in order to restore my fund locked up by Binance.

https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/san-francisco/profile/cryptocurrency-exchange/binanceus-1116-925674

BAM Trading Services Inc. One Letterman Drive, Building C Suite C3-800 San Francisco, California 94129.

San Francisco, CA 94129

https://www.binance.us/en/home
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
deepftuned

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2021, 04:11:39 PM

It seems that fox.exchange is doing the same thing recently, except that they dont need for users to register but they will (most likely) randomly ask for people to send documents in the name of KYC/AML compliance but they seem to be doing it to scam people. You can see a lot of people are giving bad reviews(Trustpilot, Bestchange, forums,...) for this kind of issue.
You can check my post about this (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5318850). Just go to the links i've listed and you'll see that recently a lot of people are having these issues. They were the ones that got the less fees in the Bestchange list recently, i think the FOMO by people trying to get in and buy different crypto and try to make money doing that has led them to make such scammy tactics cause of course most people wont send documents to a non-registered exchanger and will likely leave the coins and move on with a loss.

I hope im wrong though as i am still waiting for a refund.
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2856
Merit: 768

View Profile
February 21, 2021, 09:21:35 PM

It seems that fox.exchange is doing the same thing recently, except that they dont need for users to register but they will (most likely) randomly ask for people to send documents in the name of KYC/AML compliance but they seem to be doing it to scam people. You can see a lot of people are giving bad reviews(Trustpilot, Bestchange, forums,...) for this kind of issue.
You can check my post about this (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5318850). Just go to the links i've listed and you'll see that recently a lot of people are having these issues. They were the ones that got the less fees in the Bestchange list recently, i think the FOMO by people trying to get in and buy different crypto and try to make money doing that has led them to make such scammy tactics cause of course most people wont send documents to a non-registered exchanger and will likely leave the coins and move on with a loss.

I hope im wrong though as i am still waiting for a refund.
Im wondering on how you do people ending up on using those unknown or unpopular exchangers out there?

You got it right that somewhat FOMO did really make out some influence on making out such decision on where people do rushing up on buying crypto without even bothering
on where they do end up on until they do realize that they are already engaged on a shady or scammy exchange.

This doesnt exclude even into those reputable exchangers where issues like this about selective scamming is a bit obvious.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
deepftuned

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2021, 09:50:00 PM

Im wondering on how you do people ending up on using those unknown or unpopular exchangers out there?
I found them on bestchange.com, the problem is that they lowered they fees and they appear the first in most of the exchanges options and thats why i went on with them(i had just woken up and was in a hurry so didnt have time to think a lot) cause i dont exchange through coins that much, especially now that i got a binance account dont need to exchange from other exchanges.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: