Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:31:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: can I mining ALT Coin with PC's CPU (core i7)  (Read 251 times)
Inkdull

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 25, 2021, 09:53:08 AM

I have a bunch of computers all with i5  3rd and 4th gen and they mine Monero at 1600 - 2000 H/s each.
An i7 will be slightly better, especially the newer generations which have more built-in cache.
The hashrate isn't the problem, what you are making every day is where the problem lies, you can't even make 50cents mining with these CPUs so why still mining with them? Ryzen CPU are way better than other

My CPUs combined mine me 1 XMR every 160 days according to Whattomine.  I am hodling hoping that XMR will moon one day.  Besides the rigs are GPU rigs. Main crypto income is from GPUs.
Are you running on free electricity because all your CPU are outdated except the ryzen CPU only, you are running at lose here if you are paying for electricity, your i5 will give you only 13cents or close to 13 cents each on 24 hour mining, only the ryzen will give you 0.55 cents for 24hrs, what am I missing

Not free electricity, but all my CPUs are part of GPU mining rigs and the rigs have already paid themselves.  So instead of mainly sitting idle, they might as well support the Monero network with some mining :-) .  With a combined hashrate of 13-13.5kH/s they make $0.7 - 1.0 a day at current prices.
Also, I like that everybody else is dismissive and negative about cpu mining.  Means more profit for me ...
There are people who are into CPU mining only, they use High end CPUs like intel XEOn that has massive cores from 8 to 16 or even more, but what I was unable to figure out is how they are maintaining the miners with electricity because XEON are power hungry too, only makes sense with free electricity

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: