Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:10:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: question about buy VGA for ethereum  (Read 90 times)
network99 (OP)

Activity: 48
Merit: 6

View Profile
January 21, 2021, 10:25:21 AM

hello guys
i have a question about buy vga card for mining etherume

in document and forums, users wrote example : vga RX 480 is good ! (for example)

and when search RX 480 in google, google show : ASUS RX 480 and ROG Strix RX 480 and XFX TX 480 and MSI RX 480 and another brand viewed !

Which I should buy ?
Is only a 480 chipset suitable for this ? Or is the brand important ?

I pay attention to the chipset or brand ?

Best Regards

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gorosden

Activity: 518
Merit: 30

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
January 21, 2021, 10:34:26 AM

It doesn't matter which brand you buy from those you listed, they are all good brands and very popular too, just make sure you don't buy nameless brands from china, yes there are some cards like that, and they are dirty cheap

Greatdev

Activity: 266
Merit: 16

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
January 21, 2021, 11:15:05 AM

hello guys

in document and forums, users wrote example : vga RX 480 is good ! (for example)

and when search RX 480 in google, google show : ASUS RX 480 and ROG Strix RX 480 and XFX TX 480 and MSI RX 480 and another brand viewed !

Which I should buy ?

Best Regards
You mentioned ASUS, XFX, MSI, all these brands are very good, even others like ZOTAC, Gigabyte, Colorful are good too, if you can get your hands on any RX480 at cheaper price it will even be better, just make sure the gpu video memory is 8gb because all those 4gb version are obsolete and less profitable now

FireBallex

Activity: 462
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 21, 2021, 11:33:31 AM

hello guys

Which I should buy ?

Best Regards
If you plan on mining 24/7 with the graphic cards don't not buy those with single fan, make sure you buy two fan gpu or three for easy cooling unless you are from cold country where its most snowy, also you can safe lots of money If you buy used RX570 or RX580 through eBay

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
JeotQ

Activity: 406
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 21, 2021, 04:36:29 PM

hello guys

Which I should buy ?

Best Regards
If you plan on mining 24/7 with the graphic cards don't not buy those with single fan, make sure you buy two fan gpu or three for easy cooling unless you are from cold country where its most snowy, also you can safe lots of money If you buy used RX570 or RX580 through eBay
If you can ventilate the miners very well there won't be any problem with the cards, I have a rig with complete 6 mini cards, they all have single fan on them and they are cooling very well around 62°c, just make sure there is enough space between the GPUs

safar1980
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1622

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
January 21, 2021, 05:36:38 PM

hello guys

Which I should buy ?

Best Regards
Video cards based on 480 chipset are not produced; 580 chipset came out to replace it. But 480 chipset was better Smiley
According to many miners, Sapphire or MSI has the best cooling system. My sapphires 488 have been working for almost 4 years. During this time, I only changed the thermal paste once.
But now there is no choice in stores, so you will come to mine on what you buy.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: