Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:59:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam alert!!!  (Read 69 times)
Badmanthought (OP)

Activity: 230
Merit: 24

View Profile
February 23, 2021, 03:04:25 PM
Merited by The Sceptical Chymist (4)

Few days ago I was searching through coinmarketcap then I saw this project K-TUNE https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/k-tune

I followed the Telegram project link provided by coinmarketcap, just so I can get more details about the project, now on getting to the Telegram group, the project claimed CEO posted a job opening in group, I applied and I was accepted.

Few days past and I started noticing some phishing activities about the proposed CEO, it's obvious he's not the real CEO of K-Tune, but why would the link provided by coinmarketcap be directing users to the that Telegram group makes me curious.

The proposed CEO never responded to sensitive questions in the team group.
He will be in the group, but when you ask a sensitive question you won't see him again, maybe till the next 24hrs before he will show up again!

He announced a presales in the Telegram, but this project has been in existence since 2018, when ask him why the pre-sales, he said it's to add liquidity to Uniswap that the token will be listed on Uniswap on 20th of February, 20th has passed, and the token was not listed on Uniswap and some of the persons that send Eth to the address he provided for the pre-sales, are complaining that they didn't receive the KTT they where promised that made them to invest.

an AMA was organize for him in another Telegram group so he can come and talk about the project,  day of the AMA we were all searching for him, but he never showed up.
When he finally arrived, he came up with a cooked up story
👇👇👇
[color=red]Sean Jong:
Sorry for the inconvenience.  Can we reschedule the AMA tomorrow.  Sorry about this  as a reward we will give your community another $1000 KTT for the inconvenience.

We have urgent meeting with the partnership with origin protocol
[/color]

The AMA was then postponed to the next day but he never showed up, and the following day also!

Just today 23/02/2021
He may and announcement in the Telegram  group that KTT will be moving from ERC20 network to Binance chain, that all users and holder of KTT should send their ERC20 KTT token to a wallet address he provided in the Telegram group, that the token swap will only last for one day, and requesting those that holds their token on Gopax exchange to withdraw their token from the exchange and send the token to the wallet address he provided.

When I saw this message I needed no one to convince me that this guy is not a big time scammer, I was worried, trying to send a warming message to the group members that they should run and flew from the group that the proposed CEO is not who he claim he is, he is just impersonating the real project CEO, I have not even taken this action yet and I was removed from the team group and the open group as well

My Question how is it possible to have a scam Telegram group link on coinmarketcap ⁉️

How was this done?
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
February 23, 2021, 03:34:28 PM

Because a project is listed on cmc doesn't mean it's legit or so. You and those people who want to join their activities and whatsoever should have due diligence.

And there are lots of scammers and impersonators in telegram you should know that by now.

While I can't say that the telegram link on the cmc is a scam or not but they just do it as it published on their website as well as their official telegram group, if you think that those info are incorrect and scam or whatsoever feel free to report it on CMC they will act as what they are told once its proved and confirmed.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: