Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 04:40:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DogeChain Password Recovery Help  (Read 295 times)
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
January 02, 2023, 04:38:05 PM

Hello,
I have the wallet ID and access to 2FA but I don't have a password. Tried all probable passwords which I used since 2012, but failed to retrieve them.

Have a question,
Is there any way to find out the actual wallet address using the wallet ID of dogechain?
I tried to look around it seems the wallet is not open source, so I can't take a peek at the code. Nevertheless, I think It is very unlikely the address could be derived from the Wallet ID. I couldn't think of any reason for it to be implemented like that.

Since the password is lost, have you considered to use wallet recovery help services like https://www.walletrecoveryservices.com/wallets/? They support Dogechain First and second-level password recovery.
joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1795

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2023, 11:10:05 AM

I have the wallet ID and access to 2FA but I don't have a password. Tried all probable passwords which I used since 2012, but failed to retrieve them.
If that is the case, then what keychain mentioned above won't help you that much. You'll need to bruteforce your password since block.io doesn't support any recovery for that. CMIIW.

The wallet recovery service mentioned by vv above might be able to help you. They have a decent reputation both in and outside of the forum, as long as you don't mind the flat 20% fee when they managed to crack your password. If you don't want that, then either brute force it on your own or try to restore the data from your laptop. Btw, have you managed to recover it? If that fails then brute force is the only way to go.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███