Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:14:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: People in government is against bitcoin  (Read 285 times)
GeorgeJohn (OP)

Activity: 1428
Merit: 657

Bitcoin is achievement

View Profile
January 30, 2021, 04:40:28 AM

From the beginning and grassroots of cryptocurrency in 2009 till 2014 government always antagonist cryptocurrency and also capitalised that bitcoin is methodology or avenue to frauds people in different countries, that made bitcoin not to be really known that period, so it's very clear that the same government that was against cryptocurrency is adventuring into bitcoin with their companies with trust and buoyancy, so government of a countries are behind of inability of some country development.

If government will accept payment with cryptocurrency especially bitcoin it will be massively adopted by civil service commission because I could remember the day I went to saloon to cut my hairs I have no fiat but I decides to pay with bitcoin to saloon management and he accepted payment with cryptocurrency, so if private business owners will  embrace payment via bitcoin while can't government of different countries officially make payment of workers to come in two categories fiat and Bitcoin because since the adoption of bitcoin people value bitcoin and also transact seriously with bitcoin instead of fiat currency, so I think is more preferable using bitcoin as payment system to whom that will accept bitcoin.

Many political empires are into bitcoin today and tomorrow because bitcoin has been helping politicians in different ramifications of  political life, now it's very difficult before a politician is been probes via government projects funds, wise once purchase BTC and hold with project funds till further notice, so going to bank account details to verify or investigate of project funds it will be empty, but government of countries that adopt bitcoin still don't want to implement payment of salary with btc after they have find out the important of bitcoin.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Rruchi man
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1079

View Profile
January 30, 2021, 06:24:43 PM

It remains a fact that Bitcoin is revolutionary. It has brought and opened up a new financial market that those yet to accept (some governments and some individuals) it as a medium of exchange because of their underlying skepticism will be self pressured into giving it a chance. The vast majority of financial institutions of leading countries in the world, are already seeing possibilities with bitcoin. Soon this fast spreading financial fever will spread and catch up with both people and governments of other countries.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4435

View Profile
January 30, 2021, 08:53:27 PM

politicians can accept donation in gold. politicians can spend gold for haircuts. this does not mean they are then going to make a gold standard/gold backed currency as the national fiat.

making bitcoin a national currency does not remove the faults of national currencies. it just brings the problems of national currencies into bitcoin

having bitcoin as a separate asset to hoard value in should remain as a separate option from fiat. then there is an escape.

we do not want or need bitcoin to be a 'one world currency'. but it will always remain a second exit away from fiat

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1512

View Profile
January 31, 2021, 03:58:26 AM

politicians can accept donation in gold. politicians can spend gold for haircuts. this does not mean they are then going to make a gold standard/gold backed currency as the national fiat.

making bitcoin a national currency does not remove the faults of national currencies. it just brings the problems of national currencies into bitcoin

having bitcoin as a separate asset to hoard value in should remain as a separate option from fiat. then there is an escape.

we do not want or need bitcoin to be a 'one world currency'. but it will always remain a second exit away from fiat

My problem with national currency is brain dead printing of fiat which causes the inflation to skyrocket. You can’t do this with crypto. That being said, I don’t want fiat to disappear, I want it to exist along side of crypto. So if the government fucks up fiat through irresponsible spending, people can switch to crypto which might act as an incentive for governments to NOT light money on fire.
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
January 31, 2021, 08:12:56 AM

The higher the bitcoin price goes, the more wary governments get. However as has been said so often, the current bull market is being driven by institutional investment. Prices are rising because establishment financial behemoths are gaining exposure. Which makes government action against bitcoin less likely. The more the price rises, the more concerned they get, and the less they can do about it.

franky1
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2021, 02:55:41 PM

My problem with national currency is brain dead printing of fiat which causes the inflation to skyrocket. You can’t do this with crypto. That being said, I don’t want fiat to disappear, I want it to exist along side of crypto. So if the government fucks up fiat through irresponsible spending, people can switch to crypto which might act as an incentive for governments to NOT light money on fire.

inflation rate has been hidden in many ways. and soon enough america will spike(hyper inflate)
since the 1970's america has hidden wage raises by not offering people an increase in pay and instead hiding the extra wage as 'benefits' like company insurance and pensions, company cars, company childcare
only a few years ago the first signs appeared with wanting to increase the $7.50min wage to $15

people have started to smarten up and decline company pension/insurance due to no job security that they will still be in the same role in 40 years. and instead request the hidden 'value' just be paid out as an actual pay rise.
hense the min wage increases for the obvious crappy minimum paid roles where people dont treat it as a career.

once people start getting more true income. it then affects the inflation rate. although there is the same money overall. its just no longer hidden off the books. the fact that the bottomline income increases in real end-spending utility affects the inflation rate.
this has been something that has been bubbling for decades and is about to burst.

you might see how certain higher up people are trying too hard to push to avoid social healthcare via tax. you will see them trying to promote adding more 'employee benefits' and avoid any further minimum wage increases.
.. and all of this is to try not letting inflation go hyper.

in short even if government stopped 'printing money' the inflation going hyper can still happen due to what i just said.

imagine it. if you had $15.6k 5 years ago. and still on a minimum wage now, but getting $31.2k then retailers/realtors will double their prices due to 2x more income

higher ups have been trying hard to avoid you ever getting $32k on your payslip. and hide that $15k as 'benefits' pre pay-slip.

so just expect inflation to go hyper. even without the 'printing money' part. but then expect it to go hyper-hyper with the 'print money' part

Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Mauser

Activity: 1778
Merit: 528

View Profile
January 31, 2021, 04:12:53 PM

The higher the bitcoin price goes, the more wary governments get. However as has been said so often, the current bull market is being driven by institutional investment. Prices are rising because establishment financial behemoths are gaining exposure. Which makes government action against bitcoin less likely. The more the price rises, the more concerned they get, and the less they can do about it.

I agree with you that governments usually start looking into bitcoins once a rally happens and there is a hype again. But I am not sure if the governments are fully against the crypto currency or are rather looking for ways to profit of them. With a decent tax system in place the government can actually make money of people trading bitcoins. The biggest concern to not understand what bitcoins are or stand for.

▄██████████████
███████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀░
███████████▀▄░█
██████████░███░
███████▀▀░▀▀█▀▀
█████▀░░░░░░░▀▄
█████░░░░░░░░░█
█████▄░░░░░░░▄▀
███████▄▄▄▄▄███
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
████████████▀██
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████░░░░░░░
██████░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
█████░░░░░░░░░░
██████▄░░░░▄▄▄░
█████████▀▀░░░▀
████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄██████████████
███████████████
██████████▀▀▀▀▀
███████▀░▀█▄░░░
██████░░░░░█▄░▄
█████░░▄▄▄▄▄██▀
█████▀▀▀░░░░▄█▄
█████░░░▄▄█▀▀░█
██████▄█▀▀░░░░▀
███████▄▄░░░░░░
██████████▄▄▄▄▄
███████████████
▀██████████████
▄████████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████░████████████
████████████▀▄████████████
█████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀█████
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀████
████░░░██░██░░░░█░░░░░████
████░░░▄▄▀▄▄░░▀▀▄▀▀░░░████
████▄░░▀▀░▀▀░░░░▀░░░░▄████
█████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████
▀████████████████████████▀

The Avatars: (Pick one)
Tash

Activity: 1190
Merit: 305

Pro financial, medical liberty

View Profile
January 31, 2021, 06:06:01 PM

People in government is against bitcoin
Well no wrong, some are some not.

GeorgeJohn (OP)

Bitcoin is achievement

View Profile
February 01, 2021, 09:08:56 AM

People in government is against bitcoin
Well no wrong, some are some not.
Observe very well it's very clear to the blind and very audible to the deafs that government is seriously against cryptocurrency especially bitcoin since it started, so saying that its some sector in government is against, I don't think it's nice because government is government, for those politician that's adventuring into cryptocurrency it's because they have found out the important of crypto.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
franky1
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2021, 02:49:48 PM

government employees with their livelyhoods dependent on treasury will side with fiat. but the government have many departments that are not so tethered to the treasury.
many employees are just in it for a 4 year contract and move on with their lives. they are taking side incomes from other sources so not really attached to government success.

even the banking sector is diversifying. yes they want to measure things in dollars and exit their investment back to dollars but they dont fear using bitcoin investment funds to make more dollar.

take the guy that created the 'bitcoin licence' .. he then later resigned from government and went on to work in the bitcoin industry. its not a one side or other thing. many will flip, because they dont really that morally object bitcoin. they just want to use their temporary government power to better their own lives.

yep the bitcoin licence was a scheme just to make the guy more money in the role via licence fee's and now even more money once outside government as a bitcoin licence adviser.
the bitcoin licence wasnt some uber government new world order government plan.it was an oppertunist government employee that wanted to suck in some commission for personal gain.

take trump. he got into politics to get his hands on money for personal gain. hundreds of millions of treasury money and hundreds of millions of donations.

when you start to see the government not as a single entity with a single mind. but a group of gready people with their own agenda's you start to balance out that 'the government' dont hate bitcoin. and you start to just target the employee's that are doing things that go against bitcoins ideals.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1367

View Profile
February 01, 2021, 05:59:51 PM

People in government are out there to do two things:
1. Some of them to actually help the people;
2. All of them to make money.

Do they listen to Musk at all?

Elon Musk Supports Bitcoin, Says BTC on the Verge of Broad Acceptance

Admitting that he is late to the game on bitcoin, Musk said that he should have bought some eight years ago when his friend fed him a slice of a bitcoin cake.

Elon Musk Confirms He Supports Bitcoin

In an interview on The Good Time Show via the Clubhouse app Sunday night, Spacex and Tesla CEO Elon Musk talked about bitcoin and dogecoin.

"I've got to watch what I say here because some of these things can really move the markets," Musk responded when asked to comment about bitcoin. "Many friends of mine have tried to convince me to get involved in bitcoin for a long time … I was a little slow on the uptake." He added that one of his friends called Billy had a bitcoin cake, and he fed him a slice in 2013.

"I at least should have bought some bitcoin eight years ago," Musk admitted, elaborating:

"I do at this point think bitcoin is a good thing. I'm late to the party but I'm a supporter of bitcoin and I think bitcoin is really on the verge of getting broad acceptance by conventional finance people."

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
GeorgeJohn (OP)

Bitcoin is achievement

View Profile
February 04, 2021, 10:50:49 AM

If people in government is actually there to help people while is it that people are having more issues, challenges from different angles, leaders who find their self in white house of government are only knows their personal issue's and interest, so no of them are ready to extend political powers to another person they wants to hold it as bitcoin they objective is to keep the power within them.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 2133

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2021, 11:58:53 AM

"People in government is against bitcoin" <- not true since each individual has his own view about BTC, some support it, some against it.
A more accurate statement would be:
"Some of law/regulation is incompatible with Bitcoin."

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
zanezane

Activity: 868
Merit: 150

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 04, 2021, 12:39:18 PM

It is not the prices that they are wary of, they are wary of the power that bitcoin will give to the people which is a sign that their seat is being threatened by the people. And you know how dogs protect their territory when they are threatened some of them bite but most of them will only bark, just like this government officials, some will take drastic measures but some will just look like will do it, but we should not be wary of this dogs, they are the lawmakers but they are not the shot callers, the one that we should focus our eyes on is the banks that are pulling the strings and has been exploiting people ever since, they are the symbol of greed and we need to remove that symbol.

BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1367

View Profile
February 04, 2021, 05:38:18 PM

If people in government is actually there to help people while is it that people are having more issues, challenges from different angles, leaders who find their self in white house of government are only knows their personal issue's and interest, so no of them are ready to extend political powers to another person they wants to hold it as bitcoin they objective is to keep the power within them.

Because, those in government who are there to make money, thwart the good things that others do, to do good things for the people.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
squatz1
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285

Flying Hellfish is a Commie

View Profile
February 09, 2021, 03:35:14 PM

Not sure if I would agree with this. Price does not really matter when it comes to usage of the coin and if governments begin to think that people will phase out their fiat money, the US Dollar, to use Bitcoin. Totally possible for the coin to take on the role of Gold in our society, pretty much just becoming a better store of value then Gold is.

Not sure if that would really concern the government much though, as they really only want to control the monetary supply of a country.

Maybe if Bitcoin begins to take on a reserve role in other countries will the US step in. But I feel like at this point it pretty much is like Gold, which isn’t controlled by any one country and is just another commodity for people. (Simplified heavily, Bitcoin is much better then gold IMO)

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄                  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▀████████████████▄  ████                 █████   ▀████▄    ▄████▀  ▄██████████████   ████████████▀  ▄█████████████▀  ▄█████████████▄
              ▀████  ████               ▄███▀███▄   ▀████▄▄████▀               ████   ████                ████                   ▀████
   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████  ████              ████   ████    ▀██████▀      ██████████████▄   ████████████▀       ████       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
   ██████████████▀   ████            ▄███▀     ▀███▄    ████        ████        ████  ████                ████       ██████████████▀
   ████              ████████████▀  ████   ██████████   ████        ████████████████  █████████████▀      ████       ████      ▀████▄
   ▀▀▀▀              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀

#1 CRYPTO CASINO & SPORTSBOOK
  WELCOME
BONUS
.INSTANT & FAST.
.TRANSACTION.....
.PROVABLY FAIR.
......& SECURE......
.24/7 CUSTOMER.
............SUPPORT.
BTC      |      ETH      |      LTC      |      XRP      |      XMR      |      BNB      |     more
GeorgeJohn (OP)

Bitcoin is achievement

View Profile
February 10, 2021, 09:05:22 AM

Not sure if I would agree with this,
Not sure if that would really concern the government much though, as they really only want to control the monetary supply of a country.
Is true because take a look of what is happening in Nigerian today, it's a result of cryptocurrency increments and massive adoption of crypto, so whenever people are making profit via crypto government always introduce a name to insure that they have scandal the good news of crypto, so will have to agree that government totally against the development of cryptocurrency.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Natsuu

Activity: 1106
Merit: 158

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 10, 2021, 10:01:55 AM

"People in government is against bitcoin" <- not true since each individual has his own view about BTC, some support it, some against it.
A more accurate statement would be:
"Some of law/regulation is incompatible with Bitcoin."

Indeed, I'd also like to add that it is unnecessary for bitcoin to be a mode of payment as this will only leads to confusion. I am not contradicting the ways on how BTC may do, but it is called DIGITAL GOLD because it is a digital gold. Maybe, we can transact BTC the same way how gold works.

btctalk123

Activity: 274
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2021, 10:03:47 AM

sure they against this is the money they can not control

lienfaye

Activity: 2912
Merit: 629

View Profile
February 10, 2021, 12:52:19 PM

sure they against this is the money they can not control
One of the reason why the government are against it, they cantrol bitcoin unlike banks.

Many of us are seeing bitcoin as good alternative either for payment or simply for storing our assets, but not all people are thinking that way.

If the government will adopt bitcoin and allow to co-work with fiat then its a biggest milestone for bitcoin to be recognized by each country worldwide.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: