Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:20:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining ZCash? What kind of hardware do I need?  (Read 59 times)
tenakha (OP)

Activity: 1470
Merit: 509

View Profile
February 05, 2021, 01:39:10 AM

Hi,
what is the min spec graphics card I need to mine ZCash?

Also - what mining software is available?
Can I mine on windows?

Thanks!
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
February 05, 2021, 05:48:59 AM

Hi,

Can I mine on windows?

Thanks!

Ahh Zcash, I remember when it got released in 2016. Basically not much was going on in Oct 2016 so everybody was awaiting the launch of ZCash. The miner reward was low at first to prevent instamining and when ZCash was actually launched people were hammering the pools to be the first to mine a few blocks. I remember I got like a fraction of a Zcash, sent it to Poloniex and ended up getting an entire GPU paid for because price was like 10 BTC per 1 ZEC. Yes 1 ZEC was worth 10 BTC in 2016.

Anyways. Sometime in 2019, an Zcash ASIC came out for ZCASH and you could no longer mine it with GPUs. So if you really want to mine it you gotta buy some Antminer Z15 or such. No other way to mine it these days. If you want to mine other Equihash type coins you can mine Bitcoin Gold which uses the same algo but with different parameters.Only coin to mine with GPUs these days is ETH pretty much.
Furryball

Activity: 490
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 05, 2021, 06:37:19 AM

Hi,

Can I mine on windows?

Thanks!

Ahh Zcash, I remember when it got released in 2016. Basically not much was going on in Oct 2016 so everybody was awaiting the launch of ZCash. The miner reward was low at first to prevent instamining and when ZCash was actually launched people were hammering the pools to be the first to mine a few blocks. I remember I got like a fraction of a Zcash, sent it to Poloniex and ended up getting an entire GPU paid for because price was like 10 BTC per 1 ZEC. Yes 1 ZEC was worth 10 BTC in 2016.

Anyways. Sometime in 2019, an Zcash ASIC came out for ZCASH and you could no longer mine it with GPUs. So if you really want to mine it you gotta buy some Antminer Z15 or such. No other way to mine it these days. If you want to mine other Equihash type coins you can mine Bitcoin Gold which uses the same algo but with different parameters.Only coin to mine with GPUs these days is ETH pretty much.
So once upon a time 1 Zcash was 10BTC? Oh my GOD! No wonder some are looking for new coins to mine, the problem is new coins if today are different from 2016 new coins, they say no premine no ico and they still turned scam in the end, it's better to keep mining old coins nowadays

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
jessyj48

Activity: 756
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 05, 2021, 07:28:06 AM

You need asic miner to mine Zcash today, it's been long since gpu can't mine Zcash again, if Zcash algorithm is a thing to you then you need to do research on coins that runs on EquiHash algorithm, if they still have low difficulty then it will make sense to use gpu to mine such coins

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
VDraci

Activity: 560
Merit: 28

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
February 05, 2021, 10:32:38 AM

Here are miners for Zcash that you can use on graphic cards, EWBF miner, DSTM miner, Bminer, the best graphic cards for Zcash are Rx radeon series and nvidia gtx1070, I don't have info about Zcash performance on new GPUs like the RTX but the truth is zcash is less profitable on gpu this days, if not almost everyone will be mining with GPU right now, you aren't the only one who wants some Zcash through mining
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: