Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:33:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AUCTION- NEW Artist !  (Read 829 times)
Mbitr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1321

Bitcoin needs you!

View Profile
February 02, 2021, 09:23:10 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2021, 09:14:16 AM by Mbitr

Artwork for Auction
(For 2 good causes)

My daughter has always enjoyed art and during our latest lockdown has also decided to take an interest in bitcoin ( finally)  Smiley
So I suggested that she should combine the two. As a result she has produced 2 pieces of bitcoin related art!
I recently set her up with a wallet and suggested that she should try and sell these on the forum. If these pieces do sell she would like to give 50% of any sales to the Project Covid-19 charity for bitcointalk users. Please see this thread

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5246208.0

1. BITCOIN TACO

2. MR. BTC

Both pieces are painted using Gouache paint and painted on 2.5mm paper board.
Both measure 29.5 cm x 21 cm

AUCTION TERMS

Bidding in BTC only

Starting bid - none  Smiley

Min bid increments - none  Smiley

End Time - Sunday 7th February 7pm GMT

Sniping - any bid made in the last 10 mins, will increase the auction time by 10 mins from that last bid , eg, if a  bid comes in at 8.57 , the New end time will be 9.07 .

Postage and shipping FREE - Dads contribution !!

I will reach out to the winner via pm with all relevant details and as I say all proceeds will be split 50/50 to my daughters wallet address and the Project COVID-19 addresss. Proof will be shown Smiley

EDIT - Daughters address

3Pfs9gyfGVJCSGqtGjoxQTdCHJc3qzqh5V

Thanks to all forum members whose auction templates I’ve borrowed/ stolen/ bastardised- too many to mention.

HAPPY BIDDING

PS if you’d just like to donate to the Project COVID-19 please use

3Covid19s5zLNzQHGGLBeqkizwApUb19bj

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kialara

Activity: 548
Merit: 788

View Profile
February 02, 2021, 11:25:22 AM

BITCOIN TACO @ .003 BTC
Mbitr (OP)
Legendary

Bitcoin needs you!

View Profile
February 02, 2021, 01:38:43 PM

BITCOIN TACO @ .003 BTC

WOW - THANKYOU, if you could see her smile  Smiley
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3042

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2021, 10:21:11 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2021, 12:39:43 AM by Vod
Merited by Mbitr (1)

You should post the BTC address where your daughter's half should be sent.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Mbitr (OP)
Legendary

Bitcoin needs you!

View Profile
February 04, 2021, 09:15:01 AM

Yep, my fault - OP edited and address added . Thanks
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2021, 05:28:17 PM

Thank you!  Now, if you can just state it is your intention to have the bidder send half the bitcoin to your daughter and half the bitcoin to the Covid address, I will feel a lot better knowing both sides will get the most possible with fewer transaction fees.  Your quote below suggests you receive all the coin, and then prove you sent half on - which amounts to a collateral free loan, and increases transaction fees. 

I will reach out to the winner via pm with all relevant details and as I say all proceeds will be split 50/50 to my daughters wallet address and the Project COVID-19 addresss. Proof will be shown Smiley

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Mbitr (OP)
Legendary

Bitcoin needs you!

View Profile
February 04, 2021, 06:41:45 PM

Thank you!  Now, if you can just state it is your intention to have the bidder send half the bitcoin to your daughter and half the bitcoin to the Covid address, I will feel a lot better knowing both sides will get the most possible with fewer transaction fees.  Your quote below suggests you receive all the coin, and then prove you sent half on - which amounts to a collateral free loan, and increases transaction fees. 

I will let the buyer decide what they would like  Smiley The only reason I suggested the payment to one address is that it’s saves on fees ! The buyer is welcome to pay the amount either to the project covid 19 address and we can organise the rest sent to my daughters address or vice versa . I’m sure that will be fine with Royse777.

Thankyou for paying so much interest - we await your bid  Smiley
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2021, 03:26:25 AM

The only reason I suggested the payment to one address is that it’s saves on fees !

Only if you don't then send half the coins on.  If that the only reason you suggested it, did you intend to keep any coins raised for the needy?

I will let the buyer decide what they would like  Smiley

If the buyer sends half the coin to you, and half the coin to the covid19 address, each party will get the most out of the transaction.  Why are you keeping the possibility of scamming open?   Announce your intentions now so you can't later PM the buyer and make more misleading statements.

This will also look very poor on Royse777 if her initiative allows money to be wasted like this.

Mbitr (OP)
Legendary

Bitcoin needs you!

View Profile
February 06, 2021, 07:34:29 PM

A little under 24 hrs to go !

LOT 1  - highest bid -0.003BTC @Kialara (thanks again)  Smiley
LOT 2 - no bids yet sadly - go on grab a bargain  Smiley
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2021, 08:10:12 PM
Last edit: February 06, 2021, 11:45:19 PM by Vod

LOT 1  - highest bid -0.003BTC @Kialara (thanks again)  Smiley
LOT 2 - no bids yet sadly - go on grab a bargain  Smiley

I have confirmed prevented this scam.

The bidder will send 1/2 the coin to the Cov-19 address, and send the other half to yogg.
Edited to correct

Mbitr (OP)
Legendary

Bitcoin needs you!

View Profile
February 06, 2021, 09:13:54 PM

I have confirmed this is a scam.

The bidder should send 1/2 the coin to the Cov-19 address, and send the other half to the scammer only after you get your worthless drawings.  Let this guy teach his daughter how to steal elsewhere. 

Could you explain how you’ve confirmed this is a scam please?
And yes the bidder can send half the coin to the covid -19 address and once the artwork is received the rest can be sent - no problem at all .
Please don’t call me a scammer and what you believe to be worthless is certainly your choice. I would have loved to show my daughter this thread , but some people feel the need to spoil things for others ! Shame .
Anyway no more posts from me in regards to your posts . Anyone who deals with me on this forum and off knows my integrity !
Thankyou
SatsLife

Activity: 787
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2021, 09:58:35 PM

Unlikely. And these are strong accusations without any proof.

I highly recommend you remove negative trust ratings or show proof.

Kialara

Activity: 548
Merit: 788

View Profile
February 06, 2021, 10:01:18 PM

@Vod, I may be out of the loop here, but prior to my bid I checked out Mbitr's trust and didn't see any past issues. And I noticed merit and/or trust left by well-known members here. Is the suggestion that Mbitr's daughter did not paint these, or that Mbitr had planned on not donating half? Can you share how you confirmed this as a scam, or why you involved yourself here - I'm genuinely interested in hearing you out. Thank you.
yogg
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 3158

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2021, 10:29:18 PM

I was lucky to meet Mbitr at Coinfest UK 2019, we spent great moments together. Smiley
A few more dealings over time show to me that this user is as genuine as it gets.

I don't think a scammer would host a free raffle to win a loaded physical coin.
Maybe the initial post, lacking the payment addresses, was a bit unpolished; this was addressed by Mbitr very promptly after Vod noticed it.

My opinion is that this negative trust feedback is a bit excessive in this situation.

If needed, I will happily escrow this transaction for free. Smiley
(minus the transaction fee that will be retained from the forwarded amount, but I set it manually to be low and still included shortly after the tx broadcast)
vizique
Legendary

Activity: 2404
Merit: 1636

View Profile
February 06, 2021, 10:32:50 PM

The bidder should send 1/2 the coin to the Cov-19 address, and send the other half to the scammer only after you get your worthless drawings.  Let this guy teach his daughter how to steal elsewhere. 

Wind ya neck in. Now.
I know Mbitr personally and will vouch for him any day of a calendar year.
You are clearly looking for a drama where there need be none.

Moving swiftly on ...

Viz
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2021, 10:33:58 PM

(minus the transaction fee that will be retained from the forwarded amount, but I set it manually to be low and still included shortly after the tx broadcast)

Hey, if the OP is OK with this, I am too.  

He claimed he wanted all the coins sent to him only to save transaction fees, which doesn't make sense if he planned to forward the coins on.  

You are clearly looking for a drama where there need be none.

oh the irony!  lol...  no drama - just pointing out signs of a scammer.

yogg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2021, 10:41:00 PM

Hey, if the OP is OK with this, I am too.  

He claimed he wanted all the coins sent to him only to save transaction fees, which doesn't make sense if he planned to forward the coins on.  

I am always happy to help. Smiley

I believe OP implied this would save some bits to the buyer as the transaction would have ended up being bigger in size.
(even two transactions if the buyer isn't very bitcoin-techy-savvy and this is not uncommon...)
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2021, 10:45:41 PM

You came in strong where ya could've just started with .... ." I think it would be more efficient if..."

I don't think I did.  I chatted with him in two threads. 

I know we have to be diligent and the "elders" have to have a sharp eye out an all, but try coming in less brutal first.
It tends to lead to less internet use by all Wink

Viz

Understood.  OP is now posting in the other thread, and all we need here is a statement he will agree 1/2 the coins be sent to yogg, and half to the cov-19 address.

BG4
Legendary

Activity: 1006
Merit: 1024

PaperSafe

View Profile
February 06, 2021, 10:58:01 PM

You came in strong where ya could've just started with .... ." I think it would be more efficient if..."

I don't think I did.  I chatted with him in two threads. 

I know we have to be diligent and the "elders" have to have a sharp eye out an all, but try coming in less brutal first.
It tends to lead to less internet use by all Wink

Viz

Understood.  OP is now posting in the other thread, and all we need here is a statement he will agree 1/2 the coins be sent to yogg, and half to the cov-19 address.

Who is the "WE" you are talking about...Huh?
yogg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2021, 11:22:11 PM
Merited by Mbitr (1)

Here is a message signed with my primary BTC address regarding the escrow for this auction :

Code:
-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
This is yogg from bitcointalk
Today is the 6th of February and this message is about escrowing an auction held by Mbitr
(https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5313960.0)
My escrow address for this auction is :
>> bc1q4k3l6rvprecqku8402ca3hfmzg6ydcx6e88a0z <<
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
1yogg7RkwrSsh1UNi5jw3oUALHBaP4KrX
H9OK4q/7fVut6QLPJYtTZ5DtaeZrGJKkWBO6QBdfaRNtXpBWBJz7eqXAhj4dBDS/mdyKkSTZZ0mijuaw01NYyuk=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

I post this now, in advance, so my presence is not required immediately after OP accepts. (if he accepts when we get and update from OP)
I will nonetheless follow this thread as the auction unfolds.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: