Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:33:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING Do Not use GMAIL for Exchange email  (Read 315 times)
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 3677

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2021, 09:23:57 AM

Like it or not, there are no free alternative options for Gmail, some offer a lot of options, but I would be more afraid of it being their services or stealing data than I fear for it in Gmail (they are doing the same  Lips sealed.)
They present an easy interface and have a lot of alternatives options. The most problematic are those who have multiple e-mails and have not prepared the appropriate alternatives options.

Generally protonmail is the best alternative if you are ready to pay.
$crypto$
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1044

Smart is not enough, there must be skills

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2021, 03:32:44 PM

I only slightly suspect that there must be an error in you so that it becomes a problem, even I have used GMAIL for many years on several exchanges, it is still safe, including the Bittrex exchange, which always has a confirmation link to log in there, so there is only a problem. some so not all have to avoid GMAIL for exchanges some people are also very important with these emails it's just that they are safer without clicking on those suspicious links.

Anyway, I use Gmail using VPN, it's not a problem, it's just that the most important 2fa must be active.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 11:59:17 PM

I've been in the exact same situation.

I put down some random mobile number when I signed up because I did not want to provide my actual number for privacy reasons, and one day I was just locked out of my account for no apparent reason (I didn't even use a VPN at the time).

I submitted a request to Google Support but haven't heard from them since. It's honestly a pain in the ass. Use Tutanota, Protonmail, etc. who actually respect your privacy and won't actually lock yourself out of your own account. Unless you are absolutely certain that your mobile, 2FA and recovery email etc. are all in order.
Bitum

Activity: 1414
Merit: 271

bitonator.tangled.com/join

View Profile
March 08, 2021, 11:18:10 AM

Now I'm really irritated, I also use gmail for a lot of exchanges and so far everything has been ok. May I ask why did gmail block you? Thanks for your warning, I will probably switch to protonmail

Tangled Social Network Web 3.0 | Earning Millix (MLX): https://bitonator.tangled.com/join
Post & Earn (Posting, Likes, Comments etc.), Uncensored & Anonymous, Referral links allowed, Lightning-fast & hassle-free withdrawal in $MLX
CMC: https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/millix/
Sophiya

Activity: 146
Merit: 27

View Profile
March 10, 2021, 06:55:33 PM

I don't know why, but I can't imagine my life without Google, I always use their mail, online documents, browser.  Gmail is generally a part of me, I can't imagine my work if I ever lose access to my account or block it.  To be on the safe side, I always add a backup email address, a valid phone number. I truly believe it will help me if something goes wrong.
palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
March 20, 2021, 10:09:14 PM

I don't know why, but I can't imagine my life without Google, I always use their mail, online documents, browser.  Gmail is generally a part of me, I can't imagine my work if I ever lose access to my account or block it.  To be on the safe side, I always add a backup email address, a valid phone number. I truly believe it will help me if something goes wrong.

Maybe it is the fault of op for not keeping proper record of his log in details. Usually the internet is not a place you don't put your records down accurately. Maybe this is the challenge that he didn't understand. backing your details up or having to save it is important. The solution is to try and change his passwords to the email through other means or device. I also understand that gmail is not easy to operate because it is tied to google and you have many paascodes to provide when their is issue like providing for your mail and google itself.
bolawin
Copper Member

Activity: 246
Merit: 7

buy bitcoin, hodl bitcoin

View Profile
March 21, 2021, 09:18:52 AM

i got similar situation, even tho i can get my account back. but i dont  use it anymore for any crypto related stuff, because i realize the danger.

buy bitcoin, hodl bitcoin
playtipus111

Activity: 40
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 23, 2021, 12:16:23 PM

That's exactly what happened to me about 2 years ago.
Someday, there was nothing... I mean I did not do anything with my gmail.
That day, when I tried to login, it said my account broke their rules.
Which rules?
No explanation.
I got stressed like crazy. I used my Gmail account for banking, business, Binance, etc
I contacted Binance and they asked for KYC thing and a video of me tried to login to the account.
What could I do? I have no choice.
It took me about 1 month before I granted access to my Binance account.
Like OP said, there were no help. Nothing.
I have googled and tried any solution I encountered. Nothing worked.
I remember finding Gmail specific customer service.... no there is no such thing.
I went into loops many times.
Trus me guys, use other email service. I use zoho mail.

I believe the stress is so high that it decrease my imunity and I got hospitalized for 1 week.
Well, I have some money there that I have worked for years. It's not much for many people but for me it is my very first time I earn money by myself.

I also lost my old bitcointalk account. (username: Gondes21) hiks.

VintageBazaar. I feel you man.

I just want to share my experience. Thank you
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1129

View Profile
March 23, 2021, 10:44:26 PM

When using up Gmail then you would really be needing to remember on what day you have created such account.The contact details you had inputted and

the alternate email when it  comes to recovery and there's no other way to retrieve it back once you had lost access or some sort.So far in using up gmail
i havent experience the similar scenario.Im not really that much off confident on using other email providers other than Gmail itself.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: