Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:24:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: That's it. I am done. This country is done. I am getting the fuck out of here.  (Read 5596 times)
ALPHA. (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 07:45:09 PM

It seems Texas has open carry for long-barrel guns. I'm tempted to get a P90 when I turn 18...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1e/FNPS9002.jpg/800px-FNPS9002.jpg
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 07:45:22 PM

We don't have any manufacturing left.
This provablely not so.  US manufacturing output by inflation adjusted nominal values peaked only four years ago.  We still make a crapload of stuff, most of it is of higher quality that can generally be produced in China for competitive rates.  Germany's industrial base is similar only moreso, as German factories produce some of the highest quality machined parts in the world.  Machined parts that manufactures consider critical for life safety are not made in China, as a rule, they are made in the US or in Germany.  Usually in Germany.  China makes lots of low end refrigerators, but the Sub-Zero is made in California.

Also, we won't be rich for much longer. You guys will be the new Americans in a decade or two.

Bah!  Wealth is relative.  The US has a long way to fall before the average middle class Chinese citizen lives in a wealthier society than an average middle class American.  Expats living in China don't count, they are wealthy by definition.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
btc_artist

Activity: 154
Merit: 101

Bitcoin!

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2011, 09:34:15 PM

Mosin FTW

BTC: 1CDCLDBHbAzHyYUkk1wYHPYmrtDZNhk8zf
LTC: LMS7SqZJnqzxo76iDSEua33WCyYZdjaQoE
cablepair

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Buy this account on March-2019. New Owner here!!

View Profile WWW
November 28, 2011, 09:40:08 PM

does not suprise me at all john mcain's name is on this thing

I doubt it will pass, we are too close to an election - Obama will veto this, just like he's trying to end waterboarding.

It's quite funny how it was done in a "Secrete closed door meeting"

if this were the bush era they would be doing it out in the open and portraying it as doing their patriotic duty!
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 11:51:11 PM

It seems Texas has open carry for long-barrel guns. I'm tempted to get a P90 when I turn 18...

Kentucky has open carry for just about anything, but no one really does because Kentucky also has citizens' concealed carry laws as well.  By some polls, roughly 10% of adults in Kentucky are armed whenever they leave their house.  Kentucky also sports the highest per capita rate of Class II and Class III weapons owned by civilians in the US, and one of only a few public firing ranges approved for such weaponry.  I live within a 30 minute drive of that range, Knob Creek Gun Range.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
cablepair

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2011, 12:38:32 AM

call me what names you will but thats scary as shit.

Arizona has similar gun laws, look what happened to Gabrielle Giffords

I believe as Americans we have a right to own guns and bear them if necessary but it is crazy to allow people to carry them around every where they go unless they are law enforcement.

No offense ALPHA but 90% of 18 year old boys do not have the reason and maturity to carry around a pistol, if I carried a pistol when I was 18 surely someone would of ended up dead.

A good friend of mine got mixed up selling drugs, he kept guns in the house, someone tried to rob him - he pulled out a shotgun and shot the guy in the back as he was running out of the house - thank God the kid did not die but my friend who was barely 21 at the time is spending 10 years in prison.

All the statistics show Gun possession causes violence not stops it.

Call me what you will but this is 2011 and it's insane to think that everyone should be allowed to carry around guns - especially concealed.
Eveofwar

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 29, 2011, 01:10:44 AM

call me what names you will but thats scary as shit.

Arizona has similar gun laws, look what happened to Gabrielle Giffords

I believe as Americans we have a right to own guns and bear them if necessary but it is crazy to allow people to carry them around every where they go unless they are law enforcement.

No offense ALPHA but 90% of 18 year old boys do not have the reason and maturity to carry around a pistol, if I carried a pistol when I was 18 surely someone would of ended up dead.

A good friend of mine got mixed up selling drugs, he kept guns in the house, someone tried to rob him - he pulled out a shotgun and shot the guy in the back as he was running out of the house - thank God the kid did not die but my friend who was barely 21 at the time is spending 10 years in prison.

All the statistics show Gun possession causes violence not stops it.

Call me what you will but this is 2011 and it's insane to think that everyone should be allowed to carry around guns - especially concealed.

Hold up...let's just take a step back...what happened to Gabrielle Giffords couldn't have been prevented by creating more restrictive gun laws...not sure if you knew this or not, but a concealed handgun carrier was one of the ones to actually stop the shooter.

*Fact: 97.9% of officers believe, that through illegal means, criminals are able to obtain any type of firearm.

Only law enforcement should be allowed to carry firearms, and not Citizen's to protect themselves and their loved ones ?  Maybe you need to go read Warren v. District of Columbia, if you think the police are going to protect you.  Let's just remember that in Nazi Germany...they were just following orders, too.

*Fact: Tell that to 18,209 murder victims, 497,950 robbery victims, and 96,122 rape victims that the police could not help.

Maybe when you were 18, you were hanging out with the wrong "good friends" who got "mixed up" with selling drugs.  I'm not sure what State this occurred in, but almost all will put you away if you fire, after the threat is no longer imminent (ie, shooting someone in the back as they leave).  Thank whoever you want that your friend is only spending 10 years in prison and not more.

Gun possession most absolutely prevents violence.

*Fact: Every day 550 rapes, 1,100 murders, and 5,200 other violent crimes are prevented just by showing a gun. In less than 0.9% of these instances is the gun ever actually fired.
*Fact: Washington D.C. has essentially banned gun ownership since 1976 and has a murder rate of 56.9 per 100,000. Across the river in Arlington, Virginia, gun ownership is less restricted. There, the murder rate is just 1.6 per 100,000, less than three percent of the Washington, D.C. rate.
*Fact: In Texas, murder rates fell 50% faster than the national average in the year after their concealed carry law passed. Rape rates fell 93% faster in the first year after enactment, and 500% faster in the second.188 Assaults fell 250% faster in the second year.
*Fact: States that disallow concealed carry have violent crime rates 11% higher than national averages.

http://gunfacts.info/pdfs/gun-facts/6.0/Gun-Facts-v6.0-screen.pdf
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2011, 01:17:52 AM

That fact is the rule of law -- our very constitution -- entitles the individual states to rule exclusively on guns. It is up to every individual state's legislator and it's populace to determine whether they should have guns or not. If you don't like the idea of people carrying guns, I suggest you move to a state that suits your palette. California is looking great when it comes to strict gun control. I suggest you move there or a state like that; however, most of us are going to stand by our guns in our respective states.
Explodicle

Activity: 950
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 29, 2011, 01:38:48 AM

I'm not disputing anyone's RIGHT to bear arms, but it's probably not a good idea for most of us, especially you, Alpha. If you want to defend yourself, get a tazer or pepper spray. If you want to defend your country against occupation, learn about IEDs and guerilla warfare. You're too smart to die with a gun in your hand.
cablepair

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2011, 01:41:32 AM

Don't talk to me about the law and the constitution I know what those are and we are not arguing what the law is. i don't have to move I already live in NY - we have some of the toughest gun laws and I thank God for them.

Guns Kill People. People make crazy decisions all the time because of emotions. You are what 17 years old? Maybe some day when you grow up and have kids you will understand where I am coming from. You can spill out a bunch of facts and bullshit because you think guns are cool and they make you feel like a big man, but you know what ? When no guns are around people dont get shot. and thats good enough for me.

Eveofwar

View Profile
November 29, 2011, 01:46:43 AM

Don't talk to me about the law and the constitution I know what those are and we are not arguing what the law is. i don't have to move I already live in NY - we have some of the toughest gun laws and I thank God for them.

Guns Kill People. People make crazy decisions all the time because of emotions. You are what 17 years old? Maybe some day when you grow up and have kids you will understand where I am coming from. You can spill out a bunch of facts and bullshit because you think guns are cool and they make you feel like a big man, but you know what ? When no guns are around people dont get shot. and thats good enough for me.

Serious question to ask yourself.

Which is better – more gun control and the eventual banning of all guns in our society, or not sitting by helplessly watching as an intruder repeatedly rapes your 13-year-old daughter?

Enjoy NY.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
November 29, 2011, 01:57:08 AM

Which is better – more gun control and the eventual banning of all guns in our society, or not sitting by helplessly watching as an intruder repeatedly rapes your 13-year-old daughter?

Enjoy NY.

It's fascinating to read about the fantasy musings of some people. Where do they get this stuff?

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Eveofwar

View Profile
November 29, 2011, 02:01:40 AM

Enjoy NY.

It's fascinating to read about the fantasy musings of some people. Where do they get this stuff?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_v._District_of_Columbia
cablepair

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2011, 02:24:06 AM

that is such a ridiculous response I am not even going to give it an answer, c'mon man the NRA does not even ask questions like that these days
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
November 29, 2011, 02:32:59 AM

Here is what the Police in the USA are arming themselves with.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
ALPHA. (OP)

View Profile
November 29, 2011, 02:48:38 AM

Guns kill people and that's why they should not be in the hands of the few to rule over the populace. Every individual should be able to stand his own ground and be able to defend his own property.
Eveofwar

View Profile
November 29, 2011, 02:51:58 AM

Guns kill people and that's why they should not be in the hands of the few to rule over the populace. Every individual should be able to stand his own ground and be able to defend his own property.

ADOLF HITLER
“The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to allow the subject races to possess arms. History shows that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by so doing.”
cablepair

View Profile WWW
November 29, 2011, 02:59:00 AM

subject races? are you serious dude? Ok now this is getting scary bro

you turning this into something it is not, i never ever said I was against the right for people to own guns
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
November 29, 2011, 03:19:44 AM

Hmm. A constantly bored extremist who claims that he has the right to stop people from doing what he doesn't agree with a high powered automatic assault rifle. Yeah, that sounds like a great idea.

Just note that you can't edit the bullets of the people's bodies you shoot when you disagree with them, and if you try the cops will know.

Also, Atlas, this entire thread is garbage. You're going to leave the US just because some senators are exercising their freedom of speech and voting for a bill? What exactly about this process of self expression are you against? Did you in fact mean "If this happens, I want to leave"?

doobadoo

Activity: 364

View Profile
November 29, 2011, 06:07:21 AM

Under federal law you must be 18 to buy a gun, but you may be able to possess the gun at 16 or so...check up on that.  You might be able to have your P90 sooner than you think.

"It is, quite honestly, the biggest challenge to central banking since Andrew Jackson." -evoorhees
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: