Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:42:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Potential of an altcoin  (Read 905 times)
soenan

Activity: 652
Merit: 6

View Profile
March 30, 2021, 06:27:55 PM

Hi all, I would like to understand how to calculate the potential of an altcoin in order to understand when it is a good time to sell it.
In my specific case for example I bought INJ in December and now the profit is about 600% .
Should I compare INJ to an existing well established similar altcoin (if they exists) to understand its potential?
I know I should set in advance a price when starting to sell, but this could be 100%, 200% etc of profit but which to choose?

Thank you.

Don't compare your altcoins with other altcoins because they are not the same. Defining the potential aspects of an altcoin depends on your point of view. you need to know that altcoins that have the potential are always profitable and to determine the right time to sell it is all up to you, depending on how you decide to make a profit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Om.monata

Activity: 936
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2021, 10:57:16 PM

Comparisons cannot be used as a benchmark, because each coin has its own development, its own exchange and it is different for now. so I think it needs analysis to choose a coin not based on the benchmark of other tokens, because that is not good and not accurate
Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 30, 2021, 11:06:28 PM

Comparisons cannot be used as a benchmark, because each coin has its own development, its own exchange and it is different for now. so I think it needs analysis to choose a coin not based on the benchmark of other tokens, because that is not good and not accurate

This is actually a very subjective matter as each project is really different from the others. So if you want to evaluate the project, you need to check all the important factors for each and every project. And that is a tedious job. So you need to stream down the number of projects that you want to evaluate with. If you are long enough in crypto, you will already spot some potential projects, and then, you can dig deeper about its capability. Because most of them are masked with good whitepapers, nice roadmap, professional team members. But when it comes to actual work, that's when they deviate from each other.
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
March 30, 2021, 11:35:33 PM

Hi all, I would like to understand how to calculate the potential of an altcoin in order to understand when it is a good time to sell it.
In my specific case for example I bought INJ in December and now the profit is about 600% .
Should I compare INJ to an existing well established similar altcoin (if they exists) to understand its potential?
I know I should set in advance a price when starting to sell, but this could be 100%, 200% etc of profit but which to choose?

Thank you.

Don't compare your altcoins with other altcoins because they are not the same. Defining the potential aspects of an altcoin depends on your point of view. you need to know that altcoins that have the potential are always profitable and to determine the right time to sell it is all up to you, depending on how you decide to make a profit.
Comparing to other altcoins will only make your decision troubled. Altcoins have their own developments and they have their own time to grow in the future. If your coin has already made 600% profit then i think that's already big enough. You may wish to sell a fraction of it so you can also enjoy your profit. And keep on investing on the remains because as you've said, the coin has still got more potentials to grow in the future.

cyriljundos

Activity: 432
Merit: 10

Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI

View Profile
March 31, 2021, 02:00:49 AM

Thank you.

i think you should go for sell. its a secured profit already and its time for you buy another altcoin to trade. do not wait until it went down and not profitable. comparing INJ to other altcoin is not a good idea, but if you take the risk and go for the higher profit its up to you its your own choice.

Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
March 31, 2021, 03:27:27 AM

It's not a bad thing to draw up comparison of the coin you're hodling with another that's similar to it in all ramifications. I do that too and it helps me to gauge where I think the coin I'm hodling should be headed. And if the one I'm hodling is on the lead to the one I'm comparing it with, I should become cautious and make small sales.

At that level of 600% of ROI, you should cut some profit and allow some quantity to roll. One investment tactics I have learnt (after my BNB experience) is never to sell off everything of any coin/token I'm hodling. Always leave some quantity behind. You never can tell how high price will get to later.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Dexion

Activity: 812
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 31, 2021, 04:09:28 AM

Many choices of coins now have the potential to grow, if you want to select which ones are good for investment objects, you have to remember a few things, first, don't trust advertisements, or research from other people before you make the research yourself so you understand and understand what you will choose, secondly, don't over invest, invest with an amount where when you lose the money it doesn't frustrate you because all the possibilities in investing can happen

sapnu

Activity: 1036
Merit: 286

View Profile
April 12, 2021, 02:31:35 PM

Thank you.
In making decision over an altcoin, you should mostly rely on your experience on it for the best possible outcomes. If you have earned much profit already and the altcoin you are currently investing on right now, exchanging the most of it wouldn't hurt you that much. Just remember to leave some of it on hold so that if ever the value of that specific altcoin suddenly goes up, you wouldn't have much regrets. Since you've been on that altcoin for a while now, it wouldn't be ideal to compare with others that appears similar to it, you can just focus on it and keep updated on the market movement so that you may know if it's the best time to exchange or to buy.
sadewa69

Activity: 700

View Profile
April 12, 2021, 02:39:25 PM

In making decision over an altcoin, you should mostly rely on your experience on it for the best possible outcomes. If you have earned much profit already and the altcoin you are currently investing on right now, exchanging the most of it wouldn't hurt you that much. Just remember to leave some of it on hold so that if ever the value of that specific altcoin suddenly goes up, you wouldn't have much regrets. Since you've been on that altcoin for a while now, it wouldn't be ideal to compare with others that appears similar to it, you can just focus on it and keep updated on the market movement so that you may know if it's the best time to exchange or to buy.
but regret will be there when a long correction occurs. why not sell everything when the price is good instead of holding some to finally see only a long correction.
I honestly don't like it that way. indeed most people still use it in investing in altcoins.

when I sell at a price that I think is profitable then I no longer need to keep the asset. I will wait for it to correct again. meanwhile, I will transfer my money to another asset. trading trends will inevitably shift to other assets. like the current market momentum. we can see how each altcoin takes turns gaining its momentum.

Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
April 12, 2021, 03:22:55 PM

but regret will be there when a long correction occurs. why not sell everything when the price is good instead of holding some to finally see only a long correction.
I honestly don't like it that way. indeed most people still use it in investing in altcoins.

when I sell at a price that I think is profitable then I no longer need to keep the asset. I will wait for it to correct again. meanwhile, I will transfer my money to another asset. trading trends will inevitably shift to other assets. like the current market momentum. we can see how each altcoin takes turns gaining its momentum.

Actually its a good decision to exit if you already earned enough profits in your investment,  and it's better also to wait for another opportunity to buy low rather than waiting for a long correction while your profits still involved...its very stressful to be honest and unpredictable , wherein you don't even know what will happen after that.  Lest say even its possible to excess. but still not safe.. So it will become a good decision to play safe and too good to be true..
daenarys_stormborn

Activity: 756

View Profile
April 12, 2021, 06:03:01 PM

finding or determining which altcoins have the potential to go up is quite difficult, but not impossible to do, because many people have successfully done it, start by frequently monitoring the latest news about crypto, so you know which altcoins have good news, and you have to hurry so as not to miss

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: