Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 12:12:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Peel Your Scam Coins ASAP ( Like Infinitum )  (Read 338 times)
ChiBitCTy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 3003

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 02:51:31 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2021, 04:53:17 PM by ChiBitCTy
Merited by krogothmanhattan (5), Mitchell (1), DireWolfM14 (1), Heisenberg_Hunter (1), WhyFhy (1), SatsLife (1)

I spoke with a collector who told me that they recently were able to redeem their Infinitum coins.  I was shocked to hear that they hadn't swept the funds yet.  I think with these guys in particular, they are ( I believe ) still offering the coins up for sale, so maybe they are playing the long game with stealing the funds.  

Another coin I plan to try and redeem soon are the HyperionGold 2018 Republic of Chad Four Guardians coin minted by Scottsdale Mint.  These coins are apparently redeemable through some goofy process they make you go through ( forcing you to jump through hoops, assuredly on purpose).  When I originally tried to redeem mine, I was ignored.  I was told by a member here they do respond if you message them in Korean. Regardless, I think this is a scam of some sorts and I want to try and redeem my funds before its too late.

I'm not sure what other coins out there may fit in to this category off the top of my head, but I'm guessing there may be others.  I'd personally have a hard time leaving my Microsoul coins un-peeled, but that's just me.

Just wanted to pass this along as I figured there might be others sitting on funds like these and I urge you to cash out while you can ( don't let the scammers win ).

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 02:55:07 PM

I spoke with a collector who told me that they recently were able to redeem their Infinitum coins.  I was shocked to hear that they hadn't swept the funds yet.  I think with these guys in particular, they are ( I believe ) still offering the coins up for sale, so maybe they are playing the long game with stealing the funds. 

Another coin I plan to try and redeem soon are the HyperionGold 2018 Republic of Chad Four Guardians coin minted by Scottsdale Mint.  These coins are apparently redeemable through some goofy process they make you go through ( forcing you to jump through hoops, assuredly on purpose).  When I originally tried to redeem mind, I was ignored.  I was told by a member here they do respond if you message them in Korean. Regardless, I think this is a scam of some sorts and I want to try and redeem my funds before its too late.

I'm not sure what other coins out there may fit in to this category off the top of my head, but I'm guessing there may be others.  I'd personally have a hard time leaving my Microsoul coins un-peeled, but that's just me.

Just wanted to pass this along as I figured there might be others sitting on funds like these and I urge you to cash out while you can ( don't let the scammers win ).

Thanks! Let me know how it goes on the hyperiongold coins, I have a few as well but haven't tried to redeem them because you mentioned a while back it wasn't worth trying, but ofc back then, btc was much lower too. Smiley

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 2198

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2021, 03:04:19 PM

Paper hands! I'll go down with my Microsouls and HyperionGold coins!

In all seriousness, I won't peel/redeem them just because I feel like they are worth more as is. Even if others don't agree.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
WhyFhy

Activity: 1430
Merit: 513

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 03:17:46 PM

In all seriousness, I won't peel/redeem them just because I feel like they are worth more as is. Even if others don't agree.

I agree with this statement, what if you peel it and its gone!
+1 merit though! thanks for the heads up Chi

BTC
BTC
 BTC
BTC
/]..[banned mixer]..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
/]YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO
HAVE BITCOIN BUSINESS

██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██
  BTC
. BTC

BTC
  BTC
Evilish

Activity: 882
Merit: 563

Bitcoin to the moon!

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 03:40:00 PM

Thanks for the heads up ChiBitCTy. Thankfully none of the coins I own have been proven to be breached (yet?). I hope this always remains the case. We need less scams in this space. Would also suck to lose any precious BTC.

Agreed. But you probably don't wanna keep large denominations in proven to be scam coins. Anything around or under 0.01 BTC is a fair game. For denominations larger than that I'd probably just peel. I feel at that point the amount under the peel is worth more than the premium you would get by selling those if the coins were swept clean by the scammers.
teeGUMES
Legendary

Activity: 1253
Merit: 1203

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 06:05:30 PM
Merited by Mitchell (1)

Diamond hands since before it was cool. Jeanne D'Arc still should be loaded. 
ChiBitCTy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 3003

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 06:33:42 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2021, 11:25:08 PM by ChiBitCTy

With bitcoin just passing the $48.4k-ish mark today for yet another all time high, I just can’t imagine risking this any further.  Even if the coin is a smaller amount, I think most of us would all agree the digital value is only going to rise over time.

Who’s going to buy these coins and pay a large premium when they can’t even be sure they are funded? Something to chew on.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
krogoth

Activity: 1214
Merit: 138

Krogothmanhattan alt account

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2021, 06:47:34 PM
Last edit: February 11, 2021, 07:00:56 PM by krogoth

With bitcoin just passing the $48.4k-ish mark today for yet another all time high, I just can’t imagine risking this any further.  Even if the coin is a smaller amount, I think most of us would all agree the digital value is only going to rise over time.

Who’s s going to buy these coins and pay a large premium when they can’t even be sure they are funded?

I agree with you Ty....that 0.01BTC that was worth only $100 awhile back, is now almost $500! Rather make sure I have the digital btc in my Trezor than find out it was swept as prices keep on mooning!  Wink

Just my two Satoshis worth of an opinion...but to each his own I say. Cheers.

Edit...and with scam coins, when you peel before they can take away your precious btc, you get to keep your digital btc and your physical coin as well.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CIPHER BILLS-CIPHER BONDS-CIPHER STAMPS * www.CYPHERHODL.com * COLD STORAGE BITCOIN CERTIFICATES <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hox

Activity: 751
Merit: 296

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2021, 12:48:41 AM
Merited by minerjones (2), DireWolfM14 (1)

Personally the holograms are a large part of the artistic value of these coins and peeling them destroys some of this value. Even ignoring scam coins (which should be peeled asap in most situations) as the price goes up it just won't make sense to keep holding unpeeled coins. 25BTC Cas coins are already at the point where it's so high risk to try to sell that peeling is a rational choice.

This is why I prefer unfunded coins and value the Signature/hologram sets so highly, one day these might be the only unpeeled copies of these holograms left.

Coin.Community    
   A place for cryptocurrency collectors and artists.
Discover on the Coin Wiki. See all my coins for sale: Kialara, Casascius, Finite by Design, Satori coin and more.
tweetious

Activity: 1943
Merit: 375

Cryptoshi Blockomoto

View Profile
February 12, 2021, 11:18:33 AM
Merited by ChiBitCTy (1)

Another coin I plan to try and redeem soon are the HyperionGold 2018 Republic of Chad Four Guardians coin minted by Scottsdale Mint.  These coins are apparently redeemable through some goofy process they make you go through ( forcing you to jump through hoops, assuredly on purpose).  When I originally tried to redeem mind, I was ignored.  I was told by a member here they do respond if you message them in Korean. Regardless, I think this is a scam of some sorts and I want to try and redeem my funds before its too late.

This the response I got from them (1 year ago) concerning the redemption process. It was totally not worth it (back then, in old dirty fiat terms for getting 0.001BTC) to go through all the hassle.

The whole procedure looks a bit "fishy" & I am not willing to send through (insecure) email, my personal info to... "pok46"  Roll Eyes

How to convert your Cryptocurrencies
Hyperiongold will not be liable to the conversion method other than introduced method or unfavorable disposition of transactions may arise.

Step1. Requisition

Please submit the serial and product number of the coin, picture of the coin product and your personal information (address, phone number), along with address of your electronic purse via email to  pok46@hypriongold.com

Step2. Certification

Hyperiongold requires certification procedures by phone or email within 1~2 business days after the step 1.  The procedure includes overall security check and validation process of the coin and its holder.

Step3. Forward

After completion of Step 2, the amount will be transfer to your electronic purse within 2~3 business days by Hyperiongold.  Check the website at Hyperiongold to see if the cryptocurrency is converted.
DaveF
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6254

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2021, 03:21:03 PM
Merited by krogothmanhattan (2)

How to convert your Cryptocurrencies
Hyperiongold will not be liable to the conversion method other than introduced method or unfavorable disposition of transactions may arise.

Step1. Requisition

Please submit the serial and product number of the coin, picture of the coin product and your personal information (address, phone number), along with address of your electronic purse via email to  pok46@hypriongold.com

Step2. Certification

Hyperiongold requires certification procedures by phone or email within 1~2 business days after the step 1.  The procedure includes overall security check and validation process of the coin and its holder.

Step3. Forward

After completion of Step 2, the amount will be transfer to your electronic purse within 2~3 business days by Hyperiongold.  Check the website at Hyperiongold to see if the cryptocurrency is converted.

Wow, that is just nuts.

Side note, fear of loosing the coin that is stored is also why I only purchase coins from the maker that are funded. So if there is an issue I know where it happened.
Will not help the situation, but you at least know where it happened.

Part of the reason I never graded loaded coins.
All you need is some dishonest person at the grading house to go off and get custom made holograms that are clones of Casascius or Lealana or another one of the big ones. And as they come in, he (or she) peels them, copies the keys and puts on a perfect duplicate hologram and then seals it in a slab.

Nobody is going to know anything about it till it's too late.

-Dave

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀