Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:09:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Motherboard dead?  (Read 118 times)
Novatech8 (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 27

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
February 14, 2021, 03:04:43 PM

Guys I don't know if this is the right place for this, my motherboard stop working today with fan spinning for few seconds and stop and repeat the same thing over and over, the motherboard name is Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2, any way to fix this issue?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 14, 2021, 04:33:09 PM

Perform a visual inspection of the motherboard.
Disconnect all graphics cards if your processor has integrated graphics. Plug in a tested working power supply and reset the motherboard BIOS.
If you look at your motherboard's LGA1155 socket, you can say that it is very old.
If your diagnostics fail, you may have to buy new computer parts.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Greatdev

Activity: 266
Merit: 16

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
February 14, 2021, 04:38:04 PM

How will OP reset bios when he got no display? If fan keeps spinning and stopping in seconds then there is no display, it looks like a corrupt BIOS, it seems that motherboard have dual bios so find a way to re activate the back up bios, do a search on youtube about this

JayDDee

Activity: 1386
Merit: 220

View Profile
February 14, 2021, 04:42:58 PM
Merited by philipma1957 (1)

It could be the motherboard or anything attached to it. Strip it to the bare minumum,
the PSU, CPU and 1 RAM stick. It should power on without a monitor or boot device.
If that doesn't work try a different PSU, or different RAM stick. If that fails either the
mobo or CPU is the problem.

If you can get it to power up then add components until it fails.

FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2021, 04:46:55 PM

How will OP reset bios when he got no display? If fan keeps spinning and stopping in seconds then there is no display, it looks like a corrupt BIOS, it seems that motherboard have dual bios so find a way to re activate the back up bios, do a search on youtube about this
Each motherboard has contacts, when closed for 5 seconds, the bios is reset to factory settings. No monitor is needed for this operation. You can turn the battery upside down and install it in the motherboard for 5 seconds.
But it is best not to engage in repairs without knowledge and experience.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Skinny48

Activity: 448
Merit: 18

View Profile
February 14, 2021, 04:58:23 PM

Looks like a faulty motherboard to me, I had a motherboard that behaves in such manner and I used to repair by flashing bios to backup, it has something to do with pressing down power button for few minutes and removing the power plug instantly and reconnect the power plug again, it will trigger flashing the backup bios

kijuy

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 15, 2021, 04:18:50 AM

I had this problem today. Changed CPU fixed the issue.
FP91G
Legendary

View Profile
February 15, 2021, 08:46:28 AM

Try installing the old processor after cleaning the contacts. These motherboards have similar failures.
I have no idea what needs to be done to spoil the processor, because it has many foolproof protections.
If the processor was not mechanically damaged, then it may be in good working order.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
TanakabZX

Activity: 504
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 15, 2021, 09:45:03 AM

What? Are you saying the motherboard failed to start because of CPU failure? I will definitely go and try this out now because I have a abandoned motherboard that's behaving is same way as OP described, be right back

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: