Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 08:00:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Like this page to advocate more Linux games!!!  (Read 1349 times)
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 07:05:12 PM

http://www.facebook.com/mediaswn?sk=info

Apparently they are debating which platform to develop on they are considering Ubuntu as their gaming platform. I say please do! I'd love to play a "REAL" game for Linux now a "WineHQ" or some other windows emulation software. I'm sick of microsoft monopoly decentralize videos games today and like that facebook page! I'm just a huge Linux fan I'm not affiliated with these peeps

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ALPHA.

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 07:18:23 PM

I rather see better webgl drivers and games written for the web that every platform can play. That's where the future is at.
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 07:22:31 PM

I rather see better webgl drivers and games written for the web that every platform can play. That's where the future is at.

Yeah those are nice too!

However the future doesn't rely on one technology(HTTP/Javascripts)
deslok

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

It's all about the game, and how you play it

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 07:23:34 PM

If you want to only ever play td games that's fine, the tubes aren't big enough for big games yet.

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
1PczDQHfEj3dJgp6wN3CXPft1bGB23TzTM
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 07:26:01 PM

Ewww, linux!
ALPHA.

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 07:28:09 PM

Once we get Perl/PHP/Python/etc. running and instantly compiling within browser, a lot more doors will be open.

However, Javascript is still pretty powerful.
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 07:28:31 PM

Ewww, linux!

BLASPHAMY!!!

Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 07:29:11 PM

Once we get Perl/PHP/Python/etc. running and instantly compiling within browser, a lot more doors will be open.

cuz PHP isn't a Just-In-Time compiler or nothing.....  Undecided
deslok

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 07:51:47 PM

Because the browser is the whole computer now and we don't need local storage because we keep everything in the cloud.

"If we don't hang together, by Heavens we shall hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

If you found that funny or something i said useful i always appreciate spare change
ALPHA.

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 07:53:22 PM

Because the browser is the whole computer now and we don't need local storage because we keep everything in the cloud.

Look, you and I, we're power users. We like control. However, --most people-- they just want Facebook, their email and little hassle. When they have to do their taxes, play a game or write a document, they rather not have to mess with software. Click and run is the game they play. If the future is going to be made for regular people, it's all going to be in the browser. That's the way to go. That's what will make most people happy.

I like people to be happy. It's a very selfish pleasure of mine.
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 07:54:04 PM

Look, you and I, we're power users. We like control. However, --most people-- they just want Facebook, their email and little hassle. When they have to do their taxes, play a game or write a document, they rather not have to mess with software. Click and run is the game they play. If the future is going to be made for regular people, it's all going to be in the browser. That's the way to go.
Ewwww again!
deslok

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 07:58:50 PM

Look, you and I, we're power users. We like control. However, --most people-- they just want Facebook, their email and little hassle. When they have to do their taxes, play a game or write a document, they rather not have to mess with software. Click and run is the game they play. If the future is going to be made for regular people, it's all going to be in the browser. That's the way to go. That's what will make most people happy.

When you build a system for the dumbest user you make them dumber. ordinary people have managed to use non "Fisher price learn to compute" computers for over a decade now, lets not lower a bar that's already low enough.

ALPHA.

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 08:00:54 PM

When you build a system for the dumbest user you make them dumber. ordinary people have managed to use non "Fisher price learn to compute" computers for over a decade now, lets not lower a bar that's already low enough.

I don't think a tool should challenge the user. It should make their intended objective easier. Software is not the place to make the population "smarter". It's to make them work smarter and not harder.
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 08:14:29 PM

I don't think a tool should challenge the user. It should make their intended objective easier. Software is not the place to make the population "smarter". It's to make them work smarter and not harder.
Is there no point at which life becomes "too easy" though?  What if everything was so easy that we all sat in lazyboys to work, and only for 15 minutes a day?

I don't think there'd necessarily be anything logically or morally wrong about that, but just from the standpoint of humans being naturally lazy and selfish, I imagine that most people wouldn't exert themselves and end up as fat couch potatoes.  It would be a sad state of civilization.
ALPHA.

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 08:21:59 PM

Is there no point at which life becomes "too easy" though?  What if everything was so easy that we all sat in lazyboys to work, and only for 15 minutes a day?

I don't think there'd necessarily be anything logically or morally wrong about that, but just from the standpoint of humans being naturally lazy and selfish, I imagine that most people wouldn't exert themselves and end up as fat couch potatoes.  It would be a sad state of civilization.

I don't think anybody has the authority to say somebody can't be a fat and lazy couch potato. The US still gives you this right. I find that beautiful.

Personally, I don't want to be one although easy-to-use software is preferable. I certainly won't orgasm in permanently-paralyzing pleasure from it though.
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 08:26:08 PM

I don't think anybody has the authority to say somebody can't be a fat and lazy couch potato. The US still gives you this right. I find that beautiful.

Personally, I don't want to be one although easy-to-use software is preferable. I certainly won't orgasm in permanently-paralyzing pleasure from it though.
Fair enough.  Smiley
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
November 29, 2011, 04:49:52 AM

Just whut up everyone and click on the link i provided in the OP and click "like"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: