Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 12:52:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: List of projects that solves a real problem.  (Read 235 times)
Travel Standard

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

Student Coin

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 07:44:11 AM

I have different "steps" of investment.
Step 1 - 50% of funds.
-bitcoin
-Ethereum
-Polkadot
-Cardano

Step 2 - 30% of funds
The graph
Aave
Atom
Synthetic

Step 3 - 15% of funds
Higher risk (in my opinion)  and higher gain stuff.
Unistake
BitTorrent

Step 4 - 5% of funds
Stuff that has very low price, very low market cap and most likely will not succeed in the long run, but if they do this 5% will turn into a lot more than the other 95%.

That's just my 2cents. I invest to the long run (1 year at minimum). Totaly unprofessional here, just seems decent to me.

─────────   CitizenFinance.io   ─────────
A DECENTRALIZED GAMING PLATFORM POWERING
THE NEXT-GEN NFT-BASED UTILITIES
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nicecrypto

Activity: 1260
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2021, 08:43:49 AM

Feel free to add to the list.

After a lot of research, I figured I would make a list of projects that actually solves some of the key problems we see in our daily lives. There are thousands of crypto projects out there among all the meme coins, scam coins, and dead projects that deserve to get some spotlight.

Bitcoin
The KING of crypto. First mover, store of value.

Ethereum
Smart contracts and a huge network of projects build on top of it.

Chainlink
Decentralized Oracle Network.

Basic Attention Token
Removes the middleman between advertisers and publishers

DIVI Project
"Crypto Made Easy" - Eases the entry barrier to cryptocurrencies, making it as simple to use as possible. (I.E: Send money straight from your bank account to the DIVI wallet).

Monero
Privacy, plain and simple.

These are just a few... Feel free to add your own!  Wink

I hear what you say and I understand why investors always ask that question "what is the real-life purpose of the project" but come to think about it, has there been any crypto project regardless of what it is listed for as you mentioned above that investors are not concerned about if they can make profit "MONEY" out of their investment? As far as I know, all investors main aim is Profit including Elon Musk  Grin Grin Grin

So to me, once I can invest in any project be it BTC, ETH, or any other as long as I can make a profit from my investment, REAL LIFE PROBLEM SOLVED cos that's my bottom line for investing.
calabasas_crypto

Activity: 28
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 11:02:44 AM

So how does releasing a crypto help further this project. Does the project hold a certain amount of crypto and as the value goes up they can use this money to further the project or is at as results of users on the blockchain or some other technology. Also, what causes the value of the crypto to go up is it something this project does or is it supply versus demand of the buyers and seller of the crypto. I'm not disagreeing with you as I am new and I am trying to understand.

If you think of green assets - solar panels, electric vehivles, smart meters, charging stations. It's too distributed for energy corps to effectively manage / profit from. Also some of those assets are owned by consumers. So Energy Web runs an (EVM - Ethereum Virtual Machine) compatible chain. It runs on proof of authority so that it's fast enough for IoT devices etc. It's actually operated by huge corps validators.energyweb.org. Anyway so it's basically a faster ETH with some tweaks. First there's purpose built energy services built into the chain called EW-DOS which lets corporates do things like sell green certificates, provide grid flexibility, peer to peer trading etc...  anyway that's the high level concept.

You asked about what will drive the price... scarcity. EWT is needed for gas and to pay for all services. Theres a validator layer and a utility layer. The validator layer is run by "validator nodes" energy companies that need the token for services. The utility layer is run by "urility nodes" that offer services like decentralized IDs, messaging service, file storage etc..

On the validator side the node operators need the token for utility. So the token's they mint have incentive to be spent not dumped on exchange. And the services they buy (from utility layer) have to be done a year in advance using an escrow model. So say I have a wind turbine that I want to sell certificates with... I have to by my EWT today for the whole year. Then as I use services the EWT is released to the utility nodes that rendered the service.

Staking is also coming which will further dry up supply. The way I think it will work is that we can stake against utility nodes so that as they get paid for services we get a percentage. Should be in the next few months but no date confirmed on staking start.

Last point is that because energy web is an EVM any dapp developer can launch something on it. They have a wasm compiler which means millions of devs can code smart contracts without knowing solidity. There's going to be millions of energy assets on chain this year. I believe there will be an energy dapp run similar to DeFi in the coming years. So this "general" dapp development will provide further scarcity / gas fees and invester awareness.

Here's a good post on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/EnergyWeb/comments/l7731j/why_energy_web_is_bigger_then_you_think/
Greatchu

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 11:10:05 AM

So many projects have good use cases but some are juts not needed to be in crypto space, meaning people or investors don't have interest in such projects, I've seen devs abandoning a project to build another from scratch because people don't have interest in the first project

calabasas_crypto

Activity: 28
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 11:15:12 AM

So many projects have good use cases but some are juts not needed to be in crypto space, meaning people or investors don't have interest in such projects, I've seen devs abandoning a project to build another from scratch because people don't have interest in the first project

Agreed., I'm a big fan of looking for consortium and foundation projects. Why? because typically the projects are built to the specification of the consortium / foundation members. You get adoption before even launching.
max6575

Activity: 1176
Merit: 100

Vave.com

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2021, 02:53:31 PM

yes as developer works of more to deliver service or product according to blockchain then there will helps user or partisan with field of business on crypto as the chance on occupying use with the token and product to helps on casuals as solving problems with daily lives.

m_nief

Activity: 546
Merit: 261

Moonbet.io

View Profile
February 11, 2021, 04:18:56 PM

Feel free to add to the list.

After a lot of research, I figured I would make a list of projects that actually solves some of the key problems we see in our daily lives. There are thousands of crypto projects out there among all the meme coins, scam coins, and dead projects that deserve to get some spotlight.

Bitcoin
The KING of crypto. First mover, store of value.

Ethereum
Smart contracts and a huge network of projects build on top of it.

Chainlink
Decentralized Oracle Network.

Basic Attention Token
Removes the middleman between advertisers and publishers

DIVI Project
"Crypto Made Easy" - Eases the entry barrier to cryptocurrencies, making it as simple to use as possible. (I.E: Send money straight from your bank account to the DIVI wallet).

Monero
Privacy, plain and simple.

These are just a few... Feel free to add your own!  Wink

most of crypto can make things easier, but unfortunately in my country crypto still cannot be implemented in daily life. crypto only used as investment behind gold and stocks

░░▒▓▓▓▓▓▒░░       
       ░░▒░░▒█████▒░░▒░     
    ░▓██▓▓███████████▓▓██▓   
   ▓███████▓░     ░▓███████▒ 
  ▓▒▒▓██▒             ▒██▓▒▓▓
 ▒▒░▓█▓         ▒▓█▓    ▓█▓░▒░
▒██▒██        ▒████      ██▒█▓
▓██▓█▒     ███████       ▓█▓██
▒██▒███   ▒▒██████       ██▒█▓
 ░▒░▓██▓░   ▓▓ ▓█░      ▒█▓░▒░
  ▓▒▒▓███████          ▓█▓▒▓▒
   ▒██▓███████▓░ █▓ ▒██████▒