Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:40:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Constant struggle with Radeon VII  (Read 285 times)
deskless (OP)

Activity: 279
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 10, 2021, 12:46:45 AM

This is the third time my radeon VII died with error 43. Started the RMA and hopefully they would send a new one.
My question is if they send a new one, should I use it  or just resell as it probably is best time to sell GPU.

But the real question is what temps did your card suffer to output error 43?

I'm guessing +80c?

Be honest.

yes, early 80s. Since then I have moved the rig and changed the OS. Now they are in mid 60s.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ceyflix-Rez

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
February 10, 2021, 06:35:42 AM

If you have a radeon VII gpu you need to be worry about the temp of that card because they are always hot, the best solution is to go liquid cooling, there are sets of liquid cooling that you can buy online and fix on your Radeon VII, this will keep the card alive longer

RabbiTANK

Activity: 224
Merit: 18

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
February 10, 2021, 06:51:38 AM

Radeon VII is very hot, that's a bad gpu from AMD at the year of release, if I somehow end up with such card I will use it to mine is a very cool breezing place, for example my garage and also I will consider some fan on that thing, this is a failed gpu from AMD

mochaaa

Activity: 76
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 10, 2021, 10:34:30 AM

with proper cooling VII is very impressive
rednoW
Legendary

Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 10, 2021, 10:50:05 AM

with proper cooling VII is very impressive
with proper tuning VII is VERY impressive. 88mh/s at 140 watt or 102mh/s at 220 watt (from the wall)
fmz89
Legendary

Activity: 1766
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 10, 2021, 11:35:07 AM

This is the third time my radeon VII died with error 43. Started the RMA and hopefully they would send a new one.
My question is if they send a new one, should I use it  or just resell as it probably is best time to sell GPU.

if you following amd vega architect on 7nm, they only focused on professional gpu, and the announcement of radeon VII is out of nowhere

my assumption some radeon vii are bad silicon left from profesional gpu, they resale to gamer, radeon vii has enourmus amount of double precision power

isnt likely build for gaming, no benefit from it, only massive scale like star citizen can use this potential, in other hand for science this gpu is pretty cheap

yeah the power consumption out of the roof making really hot even 3 big fans cant cooling down the heat....

▄█▀                       ▀█▄
 ██           ▄▄ ▄▄           ██
███       ▄ ▄███ ███▄ ▄       ███
████▄   ███ ████ ████ ███   ▄████
 ██████████ ███▀ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄██████
  ▀▀███████  ▀▄█████████ ████▀▀
       ███▀▄ ██████▀▀▀ ▄▄
       █▀▄██ ████▄▄█▀▄████
        ████ ▀█████▄▀██▀
        ████ █▄▀█████▄
        ████  ▀▀ █████▀
         ▀▀█      ▀█▀
.REXX.|||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
████ ▄▀██████████  █████
██████▄▀▄▀██████  ████████
▐████████▄▀▄▀██  ██████████▌
▐██████████▄▀▄ ████████████▌
▐██████████  ▄▀▄▀██████████▌
████████  ████▄▀▄▀████████
█████  ████████▄▀ ██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|.BUY REXX.
JHORN

Activity: 252
Merit: 15

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
February 10, 2021, 11:41:14 AM

My question is if they send a new one, should I use it  or just resell as it probably is best time to sell GPU.

Then why did you keep taking radeon VII back? It's been three times already you should understand that the problem is with Radeon VII graphic cards, opt to RX5700XT if you can't handle Radeon VII because I believe that heat is the culprit that's killing radeon VII

deskless (OP)

Activity: 279
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 10, 2021, 06:29:53 PM

Then why did you keep taking radeon VII back? It's been three times already you should understand that the problem is with Radeon VII graphic cards, opt to RX5700XT if you can't handle Radeon VII because I believe that heat is the culprit that's killing radeon VII
I am not sure if the heat is the culprit or the insufficient power supply. As the cards were bought in mid 2019 I cant really return. As some intelligent mind pointed out probably it is the worst time to sell on ebay. I would just mine till they are out of warranty. Hopefully they last till end of year and that would be fine. They have already been paid off.
I made some change after last incident. They are in a open window room and with an additional PSU.
Kvalentine

Activity: 504
Merit: 25

View Profile
February 10, 2021, 07:23:32 PM

These graphic cards are the biggest amd failure of all time, if you ended up with one already be ready to spend extra on trying to cool the gpu at a low level temp and the best way you can do this is moving your rig to a well ventilated area or build water cooling, won't dare spend a penny on such gpu

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: