Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:57:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rejected shares rising in number  (Read 133 times)
Gorosden (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 30

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
February 12, 2021, 06:00:15 AM

Alright now I'm pissed  Angry, I mine using Nicehash for more than 10 hours overnight, when I woke up this morning I see 1085 shares accepted and 102 shares rejected, I'm sure this isn't normal, or is it? Isn't 102 rejected shares too much Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Sledge0001

Activity: 582
Merit: 149

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2021, 06:07:23 AM

They've been having some issues over the last few days.

I'd bet they'll have it sorted out soon.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
February 12, 2021, 06:15:53 AM

Are you using any RX GPUs? For years I had issues where they would mine fine for a few days, then all of a sudden some GPU starts getting rejected shares. It would keep going up to like 10% rejected and the only way to fix was to reboot the rig. Usually fixed the issue. No idea why it happened because it would mine for days without rejected shares and then all of a sudden get rejected shares. I tried reducing memory clock or increasing voltages but it didn't seem to help.

So just keep rebooting and should fix the issue. If its a problem with the pool then obviously its not your GPUs fault and you just need to switch pools or wait for them to get it fixed. My advice is just use a miner like PhoenixMiner and use a pool like ethermine. There are guides on how you can easily get paid directly. Nicehash is great but there are issues from time to time.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Sourhearrt

Activity: 166
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 12, 2021, 06:39:50 AM

Are you using any RX GPUs? For years I had issues where they would mine fine for a few days, then all of a sudden some GPU starts getting rejected shares. It would keep going up to like 10% rejected and the only way to fix was to reboot the rig. Usually fixed the issue. No idea why it happened because it would mine for days without rejected shares and then all of a sudden get rejected shares. I tried reducing memory clock or increasing voltages but it didn't seem to help.

So just keep rebooting and should fix the issue. If its a problem with the pool then obviously its not your GPUs fault and you just need to switch pools or wait for them to get it fixed. My advice is just use a miner like PhoenixMiner and use a pool like ethermine. There are guides on how you can easily get paid directly. Nicehash is great but there are issues from time to time.
This issue has nothing to do with memory clock or core voltage, I'm sure it's the pool that sucks, even if temp is too high it won't affect shares unless you overclock too high, the solution is to switch to another mining pool

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
Gorosden (OP)

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
February 12, 2021, 06:42:28 AM

Thanks for the reply @ adaseb and others, I will have to wait till I get to the minimum withdrawal amount, I already mined up to 18$ on the pool right now, the rejected shares is too much and annoying , hashrate reward is low on nicehash and shares are getting rejected too? I can't cope with this 

KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
February 12, 2021, 07:06:01 AM

The last time i used nicehas was around june last year and i agree that the rejected share on nicehash is definitely bigger than when using phoenix miner + other mining pool. If the issue is not because of unstable overclock then you should change the mining pool. If you are a small miner then i guess ethermine is good because they can pay you every 2 weeks, other pool usually set their minimum withdrawal at 0.05 which will take a few weeks if you are a small miner. You can also consider flexpool, their server is great and i got less stale with them, but you have to pay for the network fees when you want to withdraw your eth.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Gorosden (OP)

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
February 12, 2021, 09:30:24 AM

The last time i used nicehas was around june last year and i agree that the rejected share on nicehash is definitely bigger than when using phoenix miner + other mining pool. If the issue is not because of unstable overclock then you should change the mining pool. If you are a small miner then i guess ethermine is good because they can pay you every 2 weeks, other pool usually set their minimum withdrawal at 0.05 which will take a few weeks if you are a small miner. You can also consider flexpool, their server is great and i got less stale with them, but you have to pay for the network fees when you want to withdraw your eth.
Thats the problem with other Ethereum mining pools, if you want to withdraw you have to pay for the withdrawal fee which is very high right now but it's better to mine into binance exchange ETH wallet or use binance Ethereum mining pool, anyone use binance pool before?

Rowenta

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 12, 2021, 09:55:17 AM

It's definitely the time to quit nicehash, I already start using sparkpool and I can see the difference, nicehash is a waste of time and electricity, I was running up to 62 MH on nicehash and I always get paid for 56MH, I knew I'm been ripped off but just because I want to get paid in btc......

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
geck

Activity: 145
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2021, 10:03:42 AM

my rejected shares with nicehash was always around 2-3% regardless of the server location. It is now <0.5% after switching over to hiveon.
Balladtony77

Activity: 378
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 12, 2021, 10:12:48 AM

my rejected shares with nicehash was always around 2-3% regardless of the server location. It is now <0.5% after switching over to hiveon.
Hiveon only runs on OS I believe, there is no windows software version, I can't use any mining OS because of internet connection, I use my phone wifi hotspot and I'm sure hiveOS or other won't detect it unless I drive the drivers which isn't possible on these mining OS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
geck

Activity: 145
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2021, 10:42:50 AM

Hiveon only runs on OS I believe, there is no windows software version, I can't use any mining OS because of internet connection, I use my phone wifi hotspot and I'm sure hiveOS or other won't detect it unless I drive the drivers which isn't possible on these mining OS

hiveon is a pool - it does not matter what os/software you are using

hiveos allows you to run 4 rigs for free if you mine to hiveon pool
batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
February 12, 2021, 10:58:01 AM

This issue has nothing to do with memory clock or core voltage, I'm sure it's the pool that sucks, even if temp is too high it won't affect shares unless you overclock too high, the solution is to switch to another mining pool
i agree with you.
I had same issue then i changed pool to ethermine with same settings 0% rejects. it is not always memory or something you need test it in other pools to see. 24 hours and no rejects at all on ethermine. maybe sometimes just 1 share can be rejected.
Nicehash has trouble right now because they cant handle so many miners are mining. they need new servers more power.
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
February 12, 2021, 11:17:01 AM

Thats the problem with other Ethereum mining pools, if you want to withdraw you have to pay for the withdrawal fee which is very high right now but it's better to mine into binance exchange ETH wallet or use binance Ethereum mining pool, anyone use binance pool before?

I only know about ethermine and flexpool (because i use them), but right now with ethermine they subsidize the withdraw fee because they self-mined payout transactions with a 1 gwei gas price (you basically paid nothing for the withdraw) and you will get paid if you have more than 0.01 eth in your unpaid balance and haven't received a payout during the last 14 days (used to be the last 7 days but they changed it recently).
With flexpool you'll earn maybe 3% more but you have to pay the normal transaction fee (about 100 gwei right now) so you can choose which will benefit you more. I don't know about other pool like nanopool or binance because i never use them.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Wotan Wipeout

Activity: 438
Merit: 27

View Profile
February 12, 2021, 11:33:30 AM

When i run nicehash most of my rigs have rejected shares. Using other pool it is gone.
I am running 2miners pool. But just run a test.
Byakuga

Merit: 28

View Profile
February 12, 2021, 12:07:05 PM

When i run nicehash most of my rigs have rejected shares. Using other pool it is gone.
I am running 2miners pool. But just run a test.
Still can't figure out which mining pool is best for me because I have a small mining rig setup and I need to get withdrawal out as soon as possible, on nicehash I'm stuck since I can't make withdrawal yet, the withdrawal limit on nicehash is 0.001btc and I'm still far away from the minimum withdrawal amount

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Wotan Wipeout

Activity: 438
Merit: 27

View Profile
February 12, 2021, 06:54:58 PM

2Miners have got 0.05 ETH payment.
Use whattomine how long it takes.
How much ETH Mhs do you have?
100Mhs should get it in 6 days.
rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1304

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2021, 07:04:46 PM

So I'm not the only one with this problem
I posted here 3 day ago: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5316002.msg56310335

I use to have something like 1% of reject shares, but now it's 3% with nicehash, there's something wrong with their side, you can see that they went down for some hours

Nicehash is paying less according to whattomine, so now it's better to stick with eth pools and only go back when they fix

I'm using Flexpool, I have exactly 0.5% of reject shares now

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
JayDDee

Activity: 1386
Merit: 220

View Profile
February 12, 2021, 08:11:24 PM
Last edit: February 12, 2021, 08:52:15 PM by JayDDee

It might be this issue...

https://www.nicehash.com/blog/post/temporary-issues-with-rejected-shares-have-been-resolved

An Eth multipool is tricky because each coin is at a different epoch, switching coins requires
a DAG rebuild for the epoch of the new coin.

If the rejects coincide with new jobs, it's likely the same issue. It's up to the miner to detect when
a DAG rebuild is required.

The thing is, if every Nicehash order is mining Eth, you'll never see the problem. It's only when orders
for other ethash coins get work that you'll see rejects.

Try different miners to see which handles them better.

Edit: I should also add that mining in an Eth multipool has a performance impact. Hashing pauses every
time the DAG needs to be rebuilt.

It's probably best to mine Eth in a dedicated pool or a multipool that allows users to select which coin to mine.
Nicehash, unfortunately, doesn't allow that.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: