Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:35:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Long time lurker, question about Crypto X Change credibility  (Read 1145 times)
RaggedMonk (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 23, 2011, 03:16:21 AM

I saw a post about this, but now I can't find it.  What does  "ISO 27001 compliant + ASIO T4 certification" mean, and could you post evidence of these certifications? 

The OP seemed to think that this certification and compliance was fabricated.  CxC looks like a very cool new exchange, but seem like they might be too good to be true. 

Thoughts anyone?

Will anyone see me in the newbie section? How can I get out? I'd love to post this in the relevant main thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=51457.0

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptoxchange

Activity: 305

Crypto X Change

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2011, 03:23:53 AM

I saw a post about this, but now I can't find it.  What does  "ISO 27001 compliant + ASIO T4 certification" mean, and could you post evidence of these certifications? 

The OP seemed to think that this certification and compliance was fabricated.  CxC looks like a very cool new exchange, but seem like they might be too good to be true. 

Thoughts anyone?

Will anyone see me in the newbie section? How can I get out? I'd love to post this in the relevant main thread:

Hi Monk,

OP deleted his post because most of the concerns were addressed with him. The one issue that was outstanding was the Verisign cert, and that was a typo which has been corrected (SSL encryption comes from GoDaddy cert, not Verisign).

We're not "too good to be true" and would love to earn your business, so please let us know if you have any other concerns (either here on on our Live Support link on our site).

Thanks,
-Crypto X Change

Crypto X Change Global Bitcoin Exchange - Deposit & Withdraw to and from Our Exchange now for a $5 Flat fee - No Wire Costs or Bank Fee's - 100% Automated Banking System & Extremely fast transfers. We can send out Withdraws to over 120 Currencies. www.cryptoxchange.com
Xenland
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
November 23, 2011, 10:43:27 AM

"were not too good to be true"
You guys too huh? I hear that alot to about cheaper in bitcoins.

It seems consumers are afraid to purchase.
How do we fix this?
cryptoxchange

Crypto X Change

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2011, 12:44:53 PM

How do we fix this?

Hi Xenland,

We have made every effort to show our company is 100% genuine, we have a link to our company registration, domain registration, contact phone numbers, absolutely everything but yet people still doubt due to the previous scams that people have done, which in affect makes it very difficult for legitimate business's to enter the market.

There has been no expense spared on our exchange, but yet people wish to disprove that IE the hosting which in fact we have our equipment in Australia's top Data Center for security & reliability etc. So, we think that only by proving ourselves is the way in which we can earn trust.

If anyone has any suggestions please do let us know.

Thank You

Crypto X Change

Crypto X Change Global Bitcoin Exchange - Deposit & Withdraw to and from Our Exchange now for a $5 Flat fee - No Wire Costs or Bank Fee's - 100% Automated Banking System & Extremely fast transfers. We can send out Withdraws to over 120 Currencies. www.cryptoxchange.com
slush
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
November 23, 2011, 01:34:50 PM

For myself cryptoxchange looks very trustworthy. I'm in contact with those guys, they're responding profesionally and they're building their business on solid basis, not like many other bitcoin "companies".

Btw if those attacks are DDoSes - welcome to Bitcoin world :-).

DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 23, 2011, 05:09:46 PM

Thoughts anyone?

I have had personal contact with two of the admins and the owner of Crypto X Change I can guarantee they are here for the long run and are not interested in running away with your money. I like their service and site especially as it just keeps getting better and better Smiley
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 23, 2011, 05:46:18 PM

How do we fix this?

It will just take time.  There have been so many ways users have lost in the past.  Not just scams, but also hacks, poorly executed/managed business and just downright awful business plans.

It will take time.  There is no shortcut.
RaggedMonk (OP)

View Profile
November 24, 2011, 01:56:30 AM

Cool, I will give your service a try with a small amount. 

Can you elaborate on what "ISO 27001 compliant" means in terms of what measures you have implemented?

Also, it appears the ASIO T4 certification is from the official Australian government intelligence agency, is this correct?  Did they audit your security?  What did they think about your business?  Does this mean you have their implicit permission to operate?

Your site is very slow to load for me on the Pacific coast of America. (10+ seconds).  Why do you think that is?

Assuming your answers all look as good as everything else I have seen, I think you may soon be my favorite exchange  Grin  Thanks!
slush
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2011, 02:06:35 AM

Your site is very slow to load for me on the Pacific coast of America. (10+ seconds).

I can confirm that (EU). It's not temporary problem, I'm experiencing this almost all the time...

DeaDTerra
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 24, 2011, 07:31:09 AM

Your site is very slow to load for me on the Pacific coast of America. (10+ seconds).

I can confirm that (EU). It's not temporary problem, I'm experiencing this almost all the time...
They have been having problems with attacks recently on their site, try contacting a admin to get your ip white-listed and that will probably make it load faster Smiley
slush
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2011, 10:52:59 AM

Quote from: DeaDTerra
They have been having problems with attacks recently on their site,

...which was the reason why I wrote:

It's not temporary problem, I'm experiencing this almost all the time...

I'm already on their whitelist for few days, however site has been slow even before attacks, I just forgot to report it.

cryptoxchange

Crypto X Change

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2011, 09:50:11 PM

Hi Guys,

How is the site speed now for you? We have implemented some software for the specific attacks we were facing, things should be good now in regards to speed of the site.

If you have any issues, please let us know.

Regards

Crypto X Change

RaggedMonk (OP)

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 11:53:52 PM

Site speed is much better now.

I see you are selling 1oz Gold American Eagles for 68AUD.  (Images indicate 1oz). They should be going for ~1843AUD.  Your math is way off.

Will you actually honor orders for these coins and mail them at this price?  If so, I'll take every one you've got  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: