Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:43:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 🥧 Pie Making Contest - Win a bit of BTC! 🥧  (Read 248 times)
RickDeckard (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 3007

View Profile
February 07, 2021, 09:33:12 PM
Merited by LoyceV (4), GazetaBitcoin (3), LFC_Bitcoin (1), DarkStar_ (1), notblox1 (1), cazkooo (1)

After browsing for a while on the forum I've noticed two things ,one very good and one very bad :

• 1st (The very good thing) - We've got people here who are incredible talented. I'm still dazzled at what members achieved during the 10th anniversary art contest. Sure there was a reward at the end of the run, but the amount of submissions and activity that the thread had sure paid off. I think it's one of the best examples to show that deep down we can do incredible things if we all are working in the same direction
  • 2nd (The very bad thing) - The National Pie Day has passed (our USA friends celebrate it at 23th of January) and I haven't seen any kind of celebration for such delicous day! Who doesn't love a good old fresh baked pie, just out of the oven and exploding with scents and incredible flavours? Hmm delicious![/b]

So I remembered, why not combine both of these matters into one? If there's such activity and love for Art, why not try to join the same goal but in making (and showing) the incredible talented cookers that we have in our community? Here's how I envision the contest:

RULES

- You have to make the pie yourself, no cheating in just going to the grocery store and buy one.
- The whole "theme" of the pie has to be BTC connected. Either by means of the shape (just draw a huge BTC sign on the pie), either make the Pie resemble the surface of the moon with tiny bit BTC symbols or even strap a handmade rocket to that juicy pie with BTC as it's pilot. Ok that last idea was a bit wild, but you get the goal Wink
- Document the process. This is take some pictures while you're making it and make sure to sign some paper with at least the date and your bitcointalk username on it.
- One of the pics has to be have the finished product along with the same paper that has been used to document the process.

Prizes

- Albeit my wallet isn't as big (not even there) as theymos, I'm willing to put the equivalent of 200 USD as a final prize from my own money.
- There would be 3 winners - 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
- 1st Winner would get 60 % of the price pool, 2nd winner would get 30 % and the 3rd one would get 10 %. I would love for the 1st place to have some sort of "badge" similar to the one from theymos contest but I know that's too much to ask. Perhaps in this contest 10th edition? Cheesy
- After a initial round of gathering up all the pies from our members, a second thread/stage could begin where the community would vote which pies are the most original ones. To this end I was thinking in using Merit as validation, but I'm open to suggestions.
- For this to be fair I think I would only start the contest if at least 10 members decided to take part in it.

Regarding the prize money, if any member decided to participate in terms of a donation to increase the prize pool, I guess I could transfer 200 USD to an address of mine and then the funds would be distributed accordingly.
I know that people probably won't donate if they see me (a Jr. Member) dealing with the donations so I guess I'll just contact a reputable escrow to withhold the prize money if it means that the prize pool could go on.

What do you guys think? I'm willing to set a starting date and end date for this contest if it generates some interest from our community. We just can't let such an important (and delicious) day pass by like that! What is of humanity without pies?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
darxiaomi

Activity: 1316
Merit: 953

View Profile
February 10, 2021, 01:30:34 AM

Idk how to do a pie but interesting post for everyone who know. I wish you have more attention!

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄░░▄▄█▄▄
███░░░░███░░░░███
░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░
▀██████████
░░░░░███░░░░
░░░░░███▄█░░░
░░██▌░░███░▀░░██▌
█░██░░███░░░██
█▀▀▀█▌░███░░█▀▀▀█▌
▄█▄░░░██▄███▄█▄░░▄██▄
▄███▄
░░░░▀██▄▀
REGIONAL
SPONSOR
███▀██▀███▀█▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀██
██░▀░██░█░███░▀██░███▄█
█▄███▄██▄████▄████▄▄▄██
██▀ ▀███▀▀░▀██▀▀▀██████
███▄███░▄▀██████▀█▀█▀▀█
████▀▀██▄▀█████▄█▀███▄█
███▄▄▄████████▄█▄▀█████
███▀▀▀████████████▄▀███
███▄░▄█▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▄███
███████▄██▄▌████▀▀█████
▀██▄█████▄█▄▄▄██▄████▀
▀▀██████████▄▄███▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
EUROPEAN
BETTING
PARTNER
RickDeckard (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2021, 10:46:05 PM

Idk how to do a pie but interesting post for everyone who know. I wish you have more attention!

Ah thank you for the feedback ! So far there hasn't been too much interest in the contest itself so I guess the Pie day won't have the usual offerings ... Where are the pastry chef's in here ?  Cheesy

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
LiquidFireWalker

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2021, 11:01:10 AM

Can I still submit a entry for a prize ? Smiley
RickDeckard (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2021, 11:51:59 PM

Can I still submit a entry for a prize ? Smiley
Thank you for your motivation mate! Sadly I'm still gathering contestants because sadly it seems while we have a lot of artists in here, there's very few pastry chef's  Grin

If we get enough users sure hell we'll run this contest Liquid !

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████