Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:00:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [NFT- Gaining UNDERSTANDING]  (Read 113 times)
tread93 (OP)

Activity: 1097
Merit: 534

View Profile
April 16, 2021, 03:02:50 AM
Last edit: April 19, 2021, 08:03:54 PM by tread93
Merited by The Sceptical Chymist (2), ChiBitCTy (2)

How do you make an NFT? I know that you need to launch them on either the Ethereum blockchain or another common chain that can be made available and sold through a popular marketplace, but I still just don't quite get why people are forking over millions and millions of dollars for these honestly seemingly worthless tokens when they could have BTC or literally any other shitcoin.

Someone please help me understand why they are so valuable, should we all be investing in these NFTs? Are they really worth it long term? What is the difference between these and those dumb crypto kittens? These are fortnight skins, they're things that we have already been purchasing like avatars though many platforms in the past 10 years, but now they just have a crypto branding lol.

Looking forward to some proper education here from the smartest people on the net, please don't hold back one bit and do us the kind service of educating everyone in this thread. Please and thanks!

Take your vitamins!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ChiBitCTy
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 3002

View Profile
April 23, 2021, 09:17:48 PM

What’s up snowflake!  Cheesy So in terms of like art, as cool as beeples art is IMO..those prices are fn looney! Where I see NFTs being a great fit is for things like a car title or marriage certificate. Likely plenty of other legit use cases but I’m no expert.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
btcltcdigger

Activity: 1988
Merit: 756

To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...

View Profile
April 23, 2021, 09:48:28 PM

What’s up snowflake!  Cheesy So in terms of like art, as cool as beeples art is IMO..those prices are fn looney! Where I see NFTs being a great fit is for things like a car title or marriage certificate. Likely plenty of other legit use cases but I’m no expert.

To me, NFT is great as a digital representation of physical ownership. Something like a deed.
But people abuse the technology and have started putting all kind of shit as "art".
MSTuTeJIb

Activity: 504
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2021, 10:53:53 AM

How do you make an NFT? I know that you need to launch them on either the Ethereum blockchain or another common chain that can be made available and sold through a popular marketplace, but I still just don't quite get why people are forking over millions and millions of dollars for these honestly seemingly worthless tokens when they could have BTC or literally any other shitcoin.

Someone please help me understand why they are so valuable, should we all be investing in these NFTs? Are they really worth it long term? What is the difference between these and those dumb crypto kittens? These are fortnight skins, they're things that we have already been purchasing like avatars though many platforms in the past 10 years, but now they just have a crypto branding lol.

Looking forward to some proper education here from the smartest people on the net, please don't hold back one bit and do us the kind service of educating everyone in this thread. Please and thanks!
The answer lies in the question. They are so valuable because they are digital art. Many NTFs are created by famous artists, people all over the world. And people who buy NTF for a lot of money are unlikely to give the last out of their pockets.
cryptoknightt

Activity: 1189
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 24, 2021, 01:15:55 PM

As we all know that NFT is an art that has become digital, now the world is busy and popular with all things digital-based. Do you know how Bitcoin started as a digital currency? that's what NFT is like today, very strange, weird, like that was the question I used to ask people about BTC. The point of my view here is, if later art will be completely digital, there will no longer be a museum that stands majestically, at that time a work of art will be able to be enjoyed from anywhere via the internet.
tread93 (OP)

Activity: 1097
Merit: 534

View Profile
May 03, 2021, 07:06:50 PM

Haha you're killing me smalls. Long time no talk Wink  The prices are truly absurd! But to actual legit legal documents that use case makes a lot of sense. I think you are on to something there my friend!

Take your vitamins!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: