Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:01:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 400$ per GTX1660 Ti  (Read 218 times)
OasisDre (OP)

Activity: 532
Merit: 41

View Profile
February 21, 2021, 11:09:13 AM

Presently is 400$ per gtx1660 Ti a good buy? Now that no one knows how long mining profitability will keep up, is this a good price to buy or I should let go and wait for later? The offer consist of just three of this graphic cards right now, what do you say?

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
February 21, 2021, 11:22:53 AM

Presently is 400$ per gtx1660 Ti a good buy? Now that no one knows how long mining profitability will keep up, is this a good price to buy or I should let go and wait for later? The offer consist of just three of this graphic cards right now, what do you say?

The price is definitely cheaper than in my country (about $500 right now for 1660 Ti). With 1660 ti you can get about 30 Mh/s for each card which can earn you $4/day right now and with that you can hit BEP at about 3-4 months and if you need to buy other part for the mining rig then you'll need more time to break even. Keep in mind that the income right now is very high (it used to be sub $1/day last year and about $2/day early this year) and can decrease as the network difficulty keep increasing, the activity of ethereum network, the talk about EIP 1559, etc. At the end of the day it's your decision whether you are comfortable or not with this kind of risk. You can probably sell the card for $100 if the market crash later and a lot of card flooded the market.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Samayuki

Activity: 574
Merit: 24

View Profile
February 21, 2021, 01:34:01 PM

The price is definitely cheaper than in my country (about $500 right now for 1660 Ti). With 1660 ti you can get about 30 Mh/s for each card which can earn you $4/day right now and with that you can hit BEP at about 3-4 months and if you need to buy other part for the mining rig then you'll need more time to break even. Keep in mind that the income right now is very high (it used to be sub $1/day last year and about $2/day early this year) and can decrease as the network difficulty keep increasing, the activity of ethereum network, the talk about EIP 1559, etc. At the end of the day it's your decision whether you are comfortable or not with this kind of risk. You can probably sell the card for $100 if the market crash later and a lot of card flooded the market.
There is no point in selling the card for 100$ when ethereum mining is not profitable anymore, I would advice to keep mining because crypto space is season base, gather the coins in bear market and wait for bull season again, there are many who are now rich because they keep mining Ethereum in 2018 after bears took over the market, now they are in millions, satoshis will be satoshis but value worth us all that matters

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
February 21, 2021, 02:20:42 PM

There is no point in selling the card for 100$ when ethereum mining is not profitable anymore, I would advice to keep mining because crypto space is season base, gather the coins in bear market and wait for bull season again, there are many who are now rich because they keep mining Ethereum in 2018 after bears took over the market, now they are in millions, satoshis will be satoshis but value worth us all that matters

The scenario that i stated is when the market crash which mean all crypto crash and if he want to keep mining other crypto to gather the coin that means he will mine while losing money in electricity. Of course if he can afford that kind of expense and want to do that then he can keep on mining but it's hard to justify high electricity bill while you have no other income to pay it.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Claudio99

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
February 21, 2021, 06:56:08 PM

The scenario that i stated is when the market crash which mean all crypto crash and if he want to keep mining other crypto to gather the coin that means he will mine while losing money in electricity. Of course if he can afford that kind of expense and want to do that then he can keep on mining but it's hard to justify high electricity bill while you have no other income to pay it.
You do have a point but this is why I prefer green energy for mining, even if bear season strikes it won't take a hit on you, for example I mine with the sun 🌞 , I have 1200 watts panel on my roof and my miners only consume 400 watt combine, enough electricity everyday and the rest energy flows into my battery backup for night mining

Claudio99

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2021, 06:58:26 PM

Op it depends on where you from, if electricity isn't an issue for you then buying the card for 400$ shouldn't be a issue, even if bear season comes you can keep mining, I've seen people do this in the past and I laughed at them, now they are big bosses

Sourhearrt

Activity: 166
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 21, 2021, 07:06:34 PM

Honestly all I can smell in the air is the fear of bears  taking over the market while you are still mining to recover your invested money, I get it peeps but if you aren't ready for the bad side why are people taking the risks to build mining rigs right now? It would have be so better if you build in January 2021, could be very close to ROI already as per my calculations but still when bears will return is still a misery

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
Skinny48

Activity: 448
Merit: 18

View Profile
February 21, 2021, 07:11:53 PM

If I can recall perfectly in bear market a gtx1660ti will give you just 1$ per day, if your electricity is cheap you should be paying 0.18$ for a single gtx1660 ti per day at 80watts, that leaves you with 0.8$+, now 4 of this card can net you 3 to 4$ per day, to me value is what we lose here not the satoshis, storing and waiting for bull season to happen again makes lotta sense

CashbackLover

Activity: 196
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 21, 2021, 08:48:03 PM

I build mining rigs based on bear season earnings so I don't worry myself whatever comes in the future, also I have free electricity over here so 3$ from 10$ per day still rocks for me, the trick is to keep gathering some eth for future price surge, it's just like investing in altcoins and holding them

FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1029

View Profile
February 21, 2021, 10:07:43 PM

I think that 30 megaash in mining with 1660 ti is a very good result. In most cases, I saw 27-28 megahash, but of course it all depends on the memory of the video card.
Before the mass purchase of video cards by miners, the price of this video card was $ 220-240.
$ 400 is a very good price because these cards are not on sale right now. But don't buy graphics cards with a single cooler.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
fmz89
Legendary

Activity: 1766
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 22, 2021, 01:45:54 PM

i would say no for 400$ while you can buy 1080 ti 2nd for that price and better on every algo, even on gaming you can resale later

we are going dive soon and the profit will be normal again, it should affect gpu price for while

▄█▀                       ▀█▄
 ██           ▄▄ ▄▄           ██
███       ▄ ▄███ ███▄ ▄       ███
████▄   ███ ████ ████ ███   ▄████
 ██████████ ███▀ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄██████
  ▀▀███████  ▀▄█████████ ████▀▀
       ███▀▄ ██████▀▀▀ ▄▄
       █▀▄██ ████▄▄█▀▄████
        ████ ▀█████▄▀██▀
        ████ █▄▀█████▄
        ████  ▀▀ █████▀
         ▀▀█      ▀█▀
.REXX.|||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
████ ▄▀██████████  █████
██████▄▀▄▀██████  ████████
▐████████▄▀▄▀██  ██████████▌
▐██████████▄▀▄ ████████████▌
▐██████████  ▄▀▄▀██████████▌
████████  ████▄▀▄▀████████
█████  ████████▄▀ ██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|.BUY REXX.
Winscosinally

Activity: 490
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 22, 2021, 02:16:06 PM

i would say no for 400$ while you can buy 1080 ti 2nd for that price and better on every algo, even on gaming you can resale later

we are going dive soon and the profit will be normal again, it should affect gpu price for while
So gtx1080ti beats gtx1660ti at gaming? That's a plus point between these two cards I'd say, but gtx1080ti is more power consuming than gtx1660ti, I'd rather get 31mh @80watt than 49mh @230 watts, it doesn't make sense if you are paying for electricity, gtx 1660ti still wins
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1029

View Profile
February 23, 2021, 01:22:16 PM

So gtx1080ti beats gtx1660ti at gaming? That's a plus point between these two cards I'd say, but gtx1080ti is more power consuming than gtx1660ti, I'd rather get 31mh @80watt than 49mh @230 watts, it doesn't make sense if you are paying for electricity, gtx 1660ti still wins
gtx1080ti perfectly mines with a hash rate of 43-44 megahesh and an electricity consumption of about 170 watts.
I would also rather buy gtx1080ti if it hasn't been mined before.
But now it is very difficult to buy gtx1080ti that did not mine cryptocurrencies.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
KaratX

Activity: 252
Merit: 29

View Profile
February 23, 2021, 05:14:34 PM

I think it's kinda too late to start buying gpu for mining supposes because it looks like bull season is going away, I'm not 100% sure about this though but there is massive sell off going on right now, people don't want to lose but many will eventually be caught, think about building rigs later, not now

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: