Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:52:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereumnoobies/comments/te0q6k/changenowio_illegally_holding_my_10ethereum_for/
Trading Discussion - 0 (0%)
Scam Accusations - 3 (100%)
Total Voters: 3

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ChangeNow.io Illegally holding my 10Ethereum for months and Failed to cooperate  (Read 313 times)
coupable

Activity: 2338
Merit: 757

View Profile
April 16, 2022, 08:10:55 PM

it was clear that the funds was with them thats why they claim to refund. On Etherscan.io we can see that ChangeNow sent 32ETH including my 10 Ethereum to Binance .
Changenow is an exchange. It's true that they have received those 10 ETH. But they have sent another cryptocurrency to the hacker.

I have a question for you.
If someone steals your money and buys a car with that, who should return the money to you? The car seller or the thief?
From what i can understand, ChangeNow is not supposed to return back the stolen money as you explained. ChangeNow sent an equivalent amount to 10 Eth in other currency to someone else (maybe not the hacker himself).
If Op's story is correct, why they ask for Return fund letter and refuse to response to police demand? Why this shady behavior !?
ChangeNow can't refund the affected person because it's not their responsabilities, but at least, it should help investigation.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MI21 (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2022, 09:21:25 AM
Last edit: April 17, 2022, 09:58:10 PM by Mr. Big

it was clear that the funds was with them thats why they claim to refund. On Etherscan.io we can see that ChangeNow sent 32ETH including my 10 Ethereum to Binance .
Changenow is an exchange. It's true that they have received those 10 ETH. But they have sent another cryptocurrency to the hacker.

I have a question for you.
If someone steals your money and buys a car with that, who should return the money to you? The car seller or the thief?

What you need to understand is that ChangeNow.io Denied that they are the final destination to the Stolen Funds until Binance colleagues Exposed them.
 Explain To us, Why do you think ChangeNow.io denied that the address belong to them? Why did ChangeNow didnt admit it until I sent proofs from Binance that the address belong to them?

[/quote]
From what i can understand, ChangeNow is not supposed to return back the stolen money as you explained. ChangeNow sent an equivalent amount to 10 Eth in other currency to someone else (maybe not the hacker himself).
If Op's story is correct, why they ask for Return fund letter and refuse to response to police demand? Why this shady behavior !?
ChangeNow can't refund the affected person because it's not their responsabilities, but at least, it should help investigation.
[/quote]

Let me keep it simple for you all: After sending all the details to ChangeNow.io to identify the transaction, ChangeNow.io team made it clear that Refund will  be issued Once the police involved because they needed to comply to their policies. It means one thing which is that after ChangeNow team identified the transaction and found that the funds are with them/.

So why did they request "Return of Stolen Assets" letter?

If ChangeNow didnt have the funds, they could simply say that they dont have the funds ,

Why would they ask for Law Enforcement Request to Return the Funds?

ChangeNow made a decision to return the funds and By Not doing so , they are Violating their Own Policies/Refund Policies,Seychelles policies .

examplens
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 3165

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2022, 05:43:57 PM

I would say that all these requests that they sent to the OP are in fact just a certain protocol. will pay the money if the police find that he is with them and they have not sent another currency in exchange, which I guess is a very small probability.
they certainly have some obligation to communicate with users and to provide support.

I would say that they also run the whole case quite amateurishly, they had to seek proof of ownership of the compromised ETH address (which would be very difficult for the OP to prove, given that it is an address from Coinbase) as well as many things.

MI21 why don't you ask Binance for a refund of those funds? This address is hosted on his platform, right? If you accuse ChangeNow although they were only a passage for the transaction, just as much Binance participated in everything.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
noorman0

Activity: 1764
Merit: 694

[Nope]No hype delivers more than hope

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2022, 06:23:35 PM

-snip-
Why did ChangeNow didnt admit it until I sent proofs from Binance that the address belong to them?

Maybe "privacy" is their reason even though it's actually not a good attitude to hide their identity (evidence) in situations where they are suspected of being in a theft circle.

If they are willing to refund your money through legal procedures then that's great for you. This might happen if changenow has actually postponed the exchange process because you reported it earlier or they have different exchange instruments for high amounts.

This space for rent.
Available in mid January 2024 - PM me
MI21 (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2022, 08:32:51 AM
Last edit: April 20, 2022, 08:54:20 AM by MI21

I followed every protocol designated to me by ChangeNow.io and at the End They failed to follow their own protocol.  What a Disgrace for Crypto!

Binance made it clear that ChangeNow are the one who needs to Refund/Return the funds because they are the final destination of the funds.

Binance said that the reciever is a binance account owned by ChangeNow

With the Law Enforcement request , Binance can Freeze ChangeNow assets including the innocents users , in this scenario innocent users will get involved and have their funds frozen and no one wants that really.

ChangeNow has to cooperate and act like a Legit Exchange/Firm .
MI21 (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2022, 08:44:53 AM

-snip-
Why did ChangeNow didnt admit it until I sent proofs from Binance that the address belong to them?

Maybe "privacy" is their reason even though it's actually not a good attitude to hide their identity (evidence) in situations where they are suspected of being in a theft circle.

If they are willing to refund your money through legal procedures then that's great for you. This might happen if changenow has actually postponed the exchange process because you reported it earlier or they have different exchange instruments for high amounts.

Not many crypto users are aware that the address belong to them because it is not registered under their name. Do read the comment on Etherscan.io where you can see that many victims lost their coins to that address

https://etherscan.io/address/0xa305fab8bda7e1638235b054889b3217441dd645#comments

It is clear ChangeNow not willing to refund/return my hard earned money and It is considered as a Crime and A Disgrace For Crypto.

MI21 (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2022, 08:53:13 AM

@OP, It’s possible that the funds is already not in there hands anymore because you are only seeing the hot wallet of the exchange which will not move even the hacker already sold your tokens then withdraw since its already late to freeze the account. Is there any feedback from the exchange about the status of the hacker account? It’s really frustrating that this kind of exchange prolonging the investigation while you already sent them all the proof and legal documentation to support your claim.

@AbuBhakar, ChangeNow team received all the details needed to identify the transaction, after that they  requested proof of ownership, Law Enforcement involvement, also requested "Return of Stolen Funds letter" and that all indicates that the Funds are in their hands.

When I Contacted Binance, They told me straight forward that the funds are not with them,and they redirected me to ChangeNow.

Tell me, Why ChangeNow didnt  just say the funds are not with them ... why they requested proofs and other staff to return the funds.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: