Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:53:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What is better to use for mining ETH with RTX 3080?
T-Rex - 1 (50%)
Nicehash - 0 (0%)
another miner... - 1 (50%)
Total Voters: 2

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is best miner to mine with RTX 3080 T-Rex or Nicehash?  (Read 215 times)
Chris Redfield (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 4

View Profile
February 25, 2021, 04:44:55 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2021, 05:29:45 PM by Chris Redfield

Hello everyone,

I just started with mining ETH with my RTX 3080 3 days ago.
I was told to use T-Rex because it has lower fee and I don't have to ''rent'' my PC which slightly increases profit.
So I'm using T-Rex now,however I don't like fact that I need minimum of 0.1 ETH to get payout.
I also talked with some people and they told me that Nicehash is much more simple than T-Rex (which is irrelevant to me) and I got payed every 25€ or 0.00001 BTC (tho I plan to mine ETH).
I like that payout is faster than T-Rex,but then again,how much profit will I lose if I switch to Nicehash that has higher fee + renting PC?

Also,what pool would you recommend that has best mining hushrate,security and payout that can be payed when I earn smaller amounts (something like $25 or 0.0050 ETH)

I'm still very,very green in this,so I would like if you could give me advice what would be better option for me and what will give me more profit?

Every comment is welcome.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Skinny48

Activity: 448
Merit: 18

View Profile
February 25, 2021, 06:34:19 PM

For your information Trex is available on nicehash too, if you can't configure miners on your own Nicehash is better, Nicehash combined all available miners for each algorithm, phoenix, NBminer, bminer, Xmrig, Trex, lolminer and many more in one box, when you launch Nicehash software it will automatically benchmark your GPUs for the fastest and most profitable algorithm for you

Chris Redfield (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2021, 07:38:28 PM

For your information Trex is available on nicehash too, if you can't configure miners on your own Nicehash is better, Nicehash combined all available miners for each algorithm, phoenix, NBminer, bminer, Xmrig, Trex, lolminer and many more in one box, when you launch Nicehash software it will automatically benchmark your GPUs for the fastest and most profitable algorithm for you

If Nicehash have all available miners for each algorithm why would I bother with ''only'' T-Rex alone?
I suppose the catch is that they pay more fee for that service.
What would happen if I use Nicehash for finding fastest and most profitable algorithm and then just switch on it without using Nicehash again?
Since I'm still very new to all this,I presume that fastest and most profitable algorithms change constantly,right?

As you're more familiar with mining,can you tell me how much income percent would I lose from using Nicehash compared to configuring miners by myself?
Just for info,I'm using T-Rex on Ethermine for last 3 days for mining and I manage to earn $35,50.
I'm not sure what you mean exactly by configuring miners like T-Rex?
I heard that you only need to edit bat. file and type in pool server and wallet address and that's all configuring or is it?
batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
February 25, 2021, 08:10:23 PM

There is no much difference, they all pays nearly same. You only have 100mhs speed so what is difference you earned -/+0.1$ more or less.
Chris Redfield (OP)

View Profile
February 25, 2021, 08:43:36 PM

There is no much difference, they all pays nearly same. You only have 100mhs speed so what is difference you earned -/+0.1$ more or less.

There is only that little difference between using miners like T-Rex on Ethermine and using Nicehush!?
Man,I was convinced by one guy who told me that using Nicehush takes around 5% of payment  more with fee and  lower hushrate than using T-Rex on Ethermine alone.
I will use Nicehush then,I like payment threshold more.
PS
I have average 92Mh/s with my RTX 3080

TGJ

Activity: 173
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 26, 2021, 03:46:50 AM

NiceHash pays out in BTC, that is the main benefit IMO. With a 3080 you should be getting 100 MH/s or very close to it. Are you overclocking / undervolting?
JayDDee

Activity: 1386
Merit: 220

View Profile
February 26, 2021, 05:33:40 AM

Nicehash is 3 products:

1. miner, the program that does the hashing
2. pool, the stratum server that gives the miner access to the blockchains of coins
3. profit switcher, a program that can switch among different miners and algorithms

Trex is just a miner, one of many. You can mine in Nicehash pool or any other pool with Trex miner
or any other miner,  but you can only mine in Nicehash pool with Nicehash miner and profit switcher.
There are many profit switching programs available that can be used with any miner and any pool.

Nicehash pool looks and mines like any other pool but it's just how they present their mining service.
Miners get paid by those who buy mining contracts at the current market price.
All contrracts pay in BTC regardless of the coin being mined. Estimates are exact because the price is
contracted and isn't subject to luck. The buyers assume the risks.

Your question touches all of the above and doesn't have a simple answer.

Ken_terrance

Activity: 574
Merit: 18

Making Smart Money Work

View Profile
February 26, 2021, 07:47:14 AM

For Nvidia graphic cards is would go with phoenix miner or NB miner, these two have the highest hashrate for me on both small and big Nvidia graphic cards, Trex miner is near identical to Phoenix miner at hashing speed but I prefer Phoenix miner interface, it's more detailed than Trex

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬   Prasaga   │   Making Smart Money Work   ▬  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Tech WP  /  Commercial WP  //  Twitter  /  Facebook  /  Discord  /  Telegram
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
joseph32

Activity: 413
Merit: 21

View Profile
February 26, 2021, 09:23:55 AM

For Nvidia graphic cards is would go with phoenix miner or NB miner, these two have the highest hashrate for me on both small and big Nvidia graphic cards, Trex miner is near identical to Phoenix miner at hashing speed but I prefer Phoenix miner interface, it's more detailed than Trex

Its not the printed hashrate which matters, its the real shares @ the pool. Phoenix and NBminer are the worst of all the miners. If you like less money, stay with them Smiley

All the comparisons are already done a dozen times. You can read more here in the forum, or actually on the 2Miners blog.
FireBallex

Activity: 462
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 26, 2021, 09:42:40 AM

Hello everyone,

I just started with mining ETH with my RTX 3080 3 days ago.
I was told to use T-Rex because it has lower fee and I don't have to ''rent'' my PC which slightly increases profit.
So I'm using T-Rex now,however I don't like fact that I need minimum of 0.1 ETH to get payout.
I also talked with some people and they told me that Nicehash is much more simple than T-Rex (which is irrelevant to me) and I got payed every 25€ or 0.00001 BTC (tho I plan to mine ETH).
I like that payout is faster than T-Rex,but then again,how much profit will I lose if I switch to Nicehash that has higher fee + renting PC?

Also,what pool would you recommend that has best mining hushrate,security and payout that can be payed when I earn smaller amounts (something like $25 or 0.0050 ETH)

I'm still very,very green in this,so I would like if you could give me advice what would be better option for me and what will give me more profit?

Every comment is welcome.
I'm a little confused here, is Trex not a miner? This miner isn't responsible for paying you that minimum payout but the pool that you running Trex on, if you want a lower payout threshold you should just change your pool, ethermine pool had 0.05 ETH minimum payout, also poolin too but yet Nicehash has the lowest

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Chris Redfield (OP)

View Profile
February 26, 2021, 12:20:13 PM

Thank you all for help.
@TGJ I get between average hushrate from 84mh/s all the way to 96mh/s.
It changes every few hours constantly.
I did tweak my GPU with MSI Afterburner
Core is -120
Memory is +1000
Power limit is 70%

I had stable PC with memory overclocked up to +1080,but I had same hushrate,if not worse with it.

@FireBallex Yeah I made a mistake while writing,I know miner such as T-Rex is not responsible for payout.
Thanks for info tho.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: