Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:19:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Have 4GB Cards Gone Obsolete with ETH mining?  (Read 235 times)
joerazor (OP)

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2021, 09:23:01 PM

I had some cards laying around since the 2016 mining frenzy, and decided to recently build back my rigs on SMOS.

I noticed though that all my 4GB cards are hashing at 8mh/s while my 8GB cards are hashing at their normal ~30MH/s speed

Is there any way to increase the mining speed for those 4gb cards? They are pretty useless at those speeds, especially their power draw is the same as when they were hashing at ~28

Would appreciate any help in getting those 4GB cards to hash some profits with better hashrate.

Running Phoenix Miner v5.5 (Tried previous Phoenix versions as well)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
waywoos

Activity: 124
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 21, 2021, 09:29:45 PM

all done pretty much.
mine eth classic
TGJ

Activity: 173
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 21, 2021, 09:44:58 PM

You need to use Lolminer and the 4GB cards have to be connected directly to a PCIE x16 slot, i.e. not with an x1 riser. You should then be able to get 27 or so MH/s.
TGJ

Activity: 173
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 21, 2021, 09:46:48 PM

Also, you should undervolt your cards, they will run cooler and use less power.
JayDDee

Activity: 1382
Merit: 220

View Profile
February 21, 2021, 09:58:59 PM

There isn't much a 4GB card can mine that hasn't been taken over by ASICs and FPGAs.

FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1029

View Profile
February 21, 2021, 10:00:25 PM

I had some cards laying around since the 2016 mining frenzy, and decided to recently build back my rigs on SMOS.

I noticed though that all my 4GB cards are hashing at 8mh/s while my 8GB cards are hashing at their normal ~30MH/s speed

Is there any way to increase the mining speed for those 4gb cards? They are pretty useless at those speeds, especially their power draw is the same as when they were hashing at ~28

Would appreciate any help in getting those 4GB cards to hash some profits with better hashrate.

For the best profit, set up your 4GB video cards for Ravencoin (RVN) mining.
The profit per day is more than 2 dollars from one video card, this is a very good result.
It is very expensive to buy several system units to connect each video card to the PCIE x16 slot

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
TanakabZX

Activity: 504
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 22, 2021, 11:14:15 AM

Those power draw are insanely high, a single RX470 should be using 80watt max for ethereum mining, you are burning away electricity my friend, also yes 4gb memory is now useless for ethereum mining right now, you should look into lolminer, it's giving some 22-25mh per second

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
q80564682

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2021, 03:40:53 PM

https://i.ibb.co/3YkcM34/Screen-Shot-2021-02-21-at-11-17-07-PM.png

You can use your 4GB card to mine ETC

The highest yielding ETC pool is 3qpool.com

A card can cost about $1
Claudio99

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
February 23, 2021, 03:53:47 PM

You can use your 4GB card to mine ETC

The highest yielding ETC pool is 3qpool.com

A card can cost about $1
ETC is still less profitable than other altcoins like conflux or MWC (Wimble Mimble Coin), presently with a RX580 4gb you can earn 2.4$ per day mining WMC and the altcoin have large volume so selling will be easier 

fmz89
Legendary

Activity: 1766
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 26, 2021, 03:00:33 PM

4gb gpu can miner other coin on less network before asic & fpga take over, so basically you need daily update which coin is more profitable, thats make 4gb unfavorable on most of miners, if you good times so be it you can switch algo anytimes

▄█▀                       ▀█▄
 ██           ▄▄ ▄▄           ██
███       ▄ ▄███ ███▄ ▄       ███
████▄   ███ ████ ████ ███   ▄████
 ██████████ ███▀ ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄██████
  ▀▀███████  ▀▄█████████ ████▀▀
       ███▀▄ ██████▀▀▀ ▄▄
       █▀▄██ ████▄▄█▀▄████
        ████ ▀█████▄▀██▀
        ████ █▄▀█████▄
        ████  ▀▀ █████▀
         ▀▀█      ▀█▀
.REXX.|||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
████ ▄▀██████████  █████
██████▄▀▄▀██████  ████████
▐████████▄▀▄▀██  ██████████▌
▐██████████▄▀▄ ████████████▌
▐██████████  ▄▀▄▀██████████▌
████████  ████▄▀▄▀████████
█████  ████████▄▀ ██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|.BUY REXX.
FireBallex

Activity: 462
Merit: 19

View Profile
February 26, 2021, 03:31:52 PM

If mining is truly on your mind it's better to sell the gpu and buy 8gb memory gpu, you can still mine conflux octopus on the GPU which is profitable for Nvidia gpu, can't say much about AMD, 4GB glory days is over already

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: