Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 10:04:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Always remember I have nothing against "Staking"... "Staking tied to Consensus" is what i do not re  (Read 33 times)
Ucy (OP)

Activity: 2576
Merit: 401

View Profile
March 25, 2021, 02:44:11 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2021, 02:57:45 PM by Ucy

"Staking tied to Consensus" is what i do not recommend"

I do not recommend certain kinds of Stakings that are tied to Consensus of Decentralized Crypto Networks/Systems. A Truely Decentralized Cryptocurrency needs to be truely  decentralized and safe as much as possible. To achieve true decentralization, it's important that most/all honest network participants/investors run full nodes and take part in full/proper Consensus. Investors must include participants who have something they find very valuable invested in decentralized network. So this includes investors of any economic class (both the rich and the poor). Unfortunately, Certain PoS consensus mechanisms excludes people in certain financial states or certain economic class, with high staking requirements which makes it hard for lots of others important users from taking part in proper network consensus.
We need proper Consensus Mechanism that makes it possible and easy for all/most participants to take part in proper Network  Consensus. And it's important that consensus participants are able to easily run full nodes.
I want to see millions of people able to easily run full nodes and take part in full consensus. This will greatly help in decentralization, especially if it's Merit-based consensus mechanism, rather than that based on high amount of money all network participants won't be able to afford.

It really surprises me how impatient, selfish and inconsiderate some crypto community members  can be. Nothing stops me from making my own system/network with my own community and leave the centralized cyberspace behind, but I avoided that idea in order not to be selfish. Leaving the rest behind from something that should be for the whole True Crypto Community Fans is definitely a selfish thing to do. I shared ideas I strongly believe will protect alot of people from what is coming but some care about themselves, their class/groups alone.

We need truely decentralized systems/networks, not those that are antifragile and can easily be centralized or will easily fall apart in serious crisis. Such systems/networks need to be driven by Consensus Mechanism anyone can easily participate in.
Trustlessness, Permissionlessness, the ease of running full nodes and taking part in full merit-based Consensus are some of the most important ideals that will make a consensus mechanism very decentralized and safe
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: