Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 08:08:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 13 BTC LOST on MyCryptoMixer.com (Detailed update)  (Read 319 times)
Cowboy310 (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 25, 2021, 11:42:33 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2021, 11:53:15 PM by Cowboy310

Just an update for ya’ll as I am in way over my head.

I was very upset at the time of my first post after loosing 13 btc. I am unable to speak privately with MCM, (he hasn’t replied to my emails). I don’t want to blame anyone, and If it turns out I am to blame I am willing to accept responsibility but some things just aren’t adding up here so I’m looking to you guys to see if anyone can help me understand what has happened.

Here are the details and timeline.

At 9 pm on 23rd of February I used MyCryptoMixer.com to mix some btc.
I was using PureVPN and google chrome in incognito mode.

I sent the 13 coins to an address I copied from the website and pasted into my hardware wallets desktop interface. Time delay of 32 minutes and fee selection 0.5

Upon sending it, I went back to the MyCryptomixer website, the nodule was on "processing mix," and I attempted to download the loG. My wifi seemed to spazz, and the page was stuck at loading. Before I knew it, it had refreshed to the "Prepare" page.

I sent a support email stating that I wasn't able to download the LoG and wanted to confirm that everything was fine with my transaction, waited for the 32 minutes to process and checked my hardware wallet -- Nothing. I waited a few more hours, thinking that perhaps since I set the fee to its lowest option that miners were taking their time on the transaction. Three hours later I checked the blockchain and it stated that the transaction had a good amount of confirmations and had gone through.

I scanned my computer for Malware, no Malware. I had also previously sent a transaction on my ledger  30 minutes prior to sending to MCM and 30 minutes after, both were uncompromised.  It seems his mixer is the only common denominator in my transactions being lost that day.

Proof of outgoing transactions: https://imgur.com/a/dERLl4O

His response on my first thread:

There are two methods to prove a transaction:

- The Letter of Guarantee. A digitally signed proof of your transaction, which indisputably guarantees the funds sent to the deposit address are going to be transferred to specified destinations, according to the settings. Even if MCM made the mistake and lost the PKs to the deposit address, it would be forced to process the order as per LoG. It is a guarantee and a very powerful tool in user's hands.

- The address belonging to MCM. It is possible for me to confirm whether the address belongs to MCM or not. In the past there were cases when the order was not processed properly and after confirming the deposit address is owned by MCM, as well as the ownership of input address used for the transaction, I was able to return coins safely.

In this case, the address does not belong to MCM, nor the user is able to present valid Letter of Guarantee. They claim the "server crashed" when trying to download LoG, yet they have "verified the PGP" on the "secure incognito mode of google chrome" and still proceeded to send substantial sum of money nonetheless. This is at the very least very strange.

There are several attacks on MCM users I am aware of, it is possible the victim fell for one of them:
- fake websites using MCM look
- tor exit nodes changing deposit addresses and the address in LoG when accessing clearnet address through HTTP
- browser addons changing the deposit address on real website
- compute programs changing the deposit address when in clipboard

It is also possible it is the malicious actor who wants to harm MCM reputation. This concerns me especially since we just had another case when the user claimed the funds were transferred to different address. Very shortly after my explanation on how it is possible to find the outgoing transaction from MCM using the disclosed information and knowing that addresses belong to MCM, they posted the txid without demonstrating any prior technical knowledge required for such blockchain analysis. Perhaps the attacker wanted to double down using the FUD created by TryNinja post, which debunked their first attempt.

I also checked another thread accusing MCM of a scam and his response earlier tonight was as follows:

Hello,
Due to the recent network load, I decided to switch the order time from 24 hours to 72 hours. A lot of users wrote over the email about their transactions not being processed, as they arrived after 24 hours from order creation. All the reported cases were resolved either thanks to the LoG or by checking whether the deposit address belonged to MCM and doing the analysis described above.

To prevent this from happening, on 05.02.2021 13:53 UTC, I decided to update order validity time from 24 hours to 72 hours, 3 days. Answering multiple emails about transactions lost due to order termination was not something I have time to do. The change was not yet propagated to the frontend, as I was not sure whether it is a temporary or permanent solution. The LoG is generated independently of the frontend, this is why it was available for full 72 hours instead of the 24 hours the frontend page was available for.

After reading the TryNinja post, not having much time at the moment, I decided to shut down the backend immediately in case something serious have happened. The backend was effectively offline from 22.02.2021 06:33 UTC to 23.02.2021 14:05 UTC, when I made sure no leaks are present.

No security was compromised. Each order is assigned unique id, it consists of 18 alpha-numeric lowercase characters, this gives us 36 ^ 18 possible combinations, roughly 1 and 28 zeros so you can imagine the number. This is enormous value, even when compensating for multiple orders being available at any time and considering finding the order id of single of them as a success, the chances of guessing and testing the order id is almost nonexistent.

The LoG generated by TryNinja is valid and confirms the transaction was successful.

As for @Cowboy310 I will post a response in his thread directly."

This is concerning. I do not know exactly what the backend being shut down means, but the shutdown occurred on the same day that I sent my transaction through. I do not know if this would have any effect on my lost transaction.

I wonder if the MyCryptoMixer has processed a volume similar to mine, despite it saying the maximum limit which as of right now is 76 btc.
I have retraced my steps on the website to check for errors on my end and really don't know what could have happened here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
February 26, 2021, 02:18:02 AM

I feel your pain, but wtf - that is is a HUGE risk you took, in fact MANY huge risks! ....

Nothing personal really, but I think most people reading this right now prolly be like:

Either way, I hope you get your .6 million $ back, but I can't say I'll cry for you in all honesty if not.... Roll Eyes

Edit - wtf are you effectively laundering .6 million for anyhow, illegal gambling? I just can't even imagine, sorry ....

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
MyCryptoMixer
Copper Member

Activity: 57
Merit: 32

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2021, 03:17:45 AM

Hi! I have already addressed multiple points raised here in your previous thread, link here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5319713

Unless you are willing to provide additional evidence, I will not be repeating myself on the same topics over and over again. As stated in my previous reply, I can not afford to simplify things further and further until you can spot a single mistake and pull it over.

As for whether the "backend being shut down" affected your transaction, according to the details you provided, no. As you can read in the post I made, the shutdown took place prior to your transaction. Furthermore, during the shutdown it was impossible to create any mixing order. The shutdown have not affected any transactions made prior or after it. There was ONE output delayed compared to the expected time. It was properly processed as soon as the backend was started back up.

owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 1967

View Profile
February 26, 2021, 03:39:40 AM
Merited by LoyceV (1), nutildah (1)

OP - Pretty much sounds like you got scammed or seriously fucked up. Roll Eyes

Where the fuck are the txids? I don't see any real evidence of a scam here.

What are the address(es) you sent to etc?  Huh

What really boggles my mind is WHY the FUCK on earth anyone with a brain would ever send that amount of BTC to launder / "clean" (Roll Eyes) it...??

I understand privacy and such, but wtf... again... sorry, but:

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
Cowboy310 (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 26, 2021, 04:24:52 AM

Where the fuck are the txids? I don't see any real evidence of a scam here.

What are the address(es) you sent to etc?  Huh

tx id: 3157a6b04b804eaf927d93ee4e03c4a4e1ff1414840dd12105d1c55cde74a49c

https://www.blockchain.com/btc/address/38JSoBKFuAYXgvMAKsk8aHYmiMfuFS2AyA
Bilmur

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2021, 05:27:27 AM

Sounds like they are just trying to figure out what happened, or how it happened, if they did get scammed by phishing or otherwise..
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 16538

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2021, 08:51:02 AM

I've reported this topic, asking to merge it with your other topic. There's no need to create a new topic instead of posting or editing your other topic.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Bazinga442

Activity: 222
Merit: 24

View Profile
March 07, 2021, 05:51:49 AM
Last edit: March 07, 2021, 06:07:41 AM by Bazinga442

So by your logic it is okay to rape prostitutes, and they aren't allowed cry about it or seek justice? You seem very  obsessed with the OP for a neutral.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: