Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:37:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to determine which hashboard is faulty in S17 Pro 53th  (Read 47 times)
carlbutler86 (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 6

View Profile
March 02, 2021, 09:20:43 PM

hello everyone, I recently purchased some S17 Pro 53th miners and a few of them are coming up with only 2 hashboards in the miner stats instead of 3. I'm trying to figure out which hashboards are faulty so I can remove them and replace with working hashboards.

But unlike the S9s, I don't see a little red light next to each hashboard, so I don't know which one is not working  Cry

Someone mentioned to me to see which part of the fans are blowing cold air. In one of them the top part of the fans were cold, and the bottom two halves were hot. So I guess the top section of one of the fans were cold. But what does that tell me? I noticed the hashboards are side by side 1, 2, 3, so it's not like it's top middle bottom. So needless to say i'm quite confused.

Does anyone know how to determine which hashboard is faulty?  Huh

Thanks in advance for any and all help!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6367

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
March 02, 2021, 11:01:32 PM

Someone mentioned to me to see which part of the fans are blowing cold air. In one of them the top part of the fans were cold, and the bottom two halves were hot. So I guess the top section of one of the fans were cold. But what does that tell me?

It tells you that you and that person are trying to reinvent the wheel, the kernel log will tell you exactly which hashboard is dead, in fact, it even appears in the miner status (the very page that tells you which 2 hashboards are working fine), if you can't figure that out - paste the kernel log here and a screenshot of the miner status page.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
carlbutler86 (OP)

Activity: 37
Merit: 6

View Profile
March 02, 2021, 11:22:16 PM

thanks for that. Sorry if i'm a newb at troubleshooting  Grin

As for the miner stats page, If I see 1, or 2, or 3, under hashboards, I guess I don't know which hashboard is which. Like 1, 2, 3, left to right or left to right, from the front of the miner. If that makes sense.

I'll post some logs to see if you guys know what is happening, because I just bought these from Alibaba a few weeks ago and they haven't been working right, and it's quite upsetting. I was going to ship these to a local repair facility, but I figured maybe I could put the working hashboards in one unit and the bad ones in another to ship out.
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6367

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
March 02, 2021, 11:31:49 PM

As for the miner stats page, If I see 1, or 2, or 3, under hashboards, I guess I don't know which hashboard is which. Like 1, 2, 3, left to right or left to right, from the front of the miner. If that makes sense.

The hashboards are sockets are labeled on the control board, just follow the ribbon cable from the hashboard to the control board and you will see each has a number, ignore the number as it's sometimes different on the 17 series but focus order, for an example if you have J4, J5, J6 on the control board, and 1,2,3 on the miner status page, J4 will 1, J5 will be 2 and J6 will be 3.

To double-check you can just unplug the cable that goes to the board and then power the miner on to check for any changes.

I'll post some logs to see if you guys know what is happening, because I just bought these from Alibaba a few weeks ago

Yes, the kernel log has some useful info in it. You should never buy mining gears off Alibaba and Aliexpres.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████