Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:27:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A new Podcast idea. Philosophy of Bitcoin versus the double spend economy  (Read 50 times)
FeelingAwake (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2021, 05:29:56 PM
Last edit: August 03, 2021, 07:15:12 PM by FeelingAwake

Spent a long time testing out these ideas.. 3 current podcasts showing how the double spend economy(our current system) is a system of theft. And how BTC puts to bed a 5 thousand year history of economic theft.

2nd one is about how the leaderless(along with being trustless) aspect of BTC is unique in nearly 5000 years of economic history.

And the 3rd is about how economically speaking we got here.. History of Bretton Woods, the British sterling pound system(preceded by the Roman Denari).. And how this ties into how different BTC is.. The deflationary nature of BTC versus the never ending system of growth we've been living under since Samaria.

Hope you like it. I call it a Guy in His Car Talking Bitcoin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7uSB8C1M3k  Episode 1- Double Spend Economy and Bitcoin Stories

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz-t7hnFgRY  Episode 2 - Bitcoin and the Cult of Personality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBiLkWei0CQ  Episode 3- Everything you wanted to know about Bretton woods but were afraid to ask(or didn't know to ask)..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FeelingAwake (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2021, 06:35:01 PM

Hoping to get some feedback.. I think it is pretty worthwhile, but want to make sure I'm not barking up the wrong tree.

Not looking for a million views, just some intellectual conversation about these ideas I've been bouncing around for years.
FeelingAwake (OP)

View Profile
August 03, 2021, 07:50:13 PM

Hoping to get some feedback.. I think it is pretty worthwhile, but want to make sure I'm not barking up the wrong tree.

Not looking for a million views, just some intellectual conversation about these ideas I've been bouncing around for years.

if you like, try to explain in a language that you already understand based on the video. For example, do you understand in terms of the concept of what is meant by a double-spending economy? Give some simple examples that beginners can understand.
Because if you provide this information in raw form and video videos. Then what is the difference between you and those who do not understand the concept of the double-spending economy?

Thank you first for taking the time..

In my first video my example of the double spend economy as it is used today was the idea of a check book... Simply put.

I have 500 dollars in my account
I give you a check for 500 dollars for a Nintendo...
Unbeknownst to you I give another guy a check for 500 for a dishwasher...

You are now both in a race to see who gets the value of that check. And you don't even know it.. ONLY I DO....  First one to clear gets the value...

I expand this idea out to coin clipping in the vein of Samaria and Egypt... Those who are at the top and clip the coins, or debase the metal or make multiple claims(paper) against an underlying value(gold, silver, etc) get the value FIRST.. Spending it down to the first layers of the economy.. Usually the aristocratic/rich strata.. they consume 90% of the value, spending it further down.. of the remaining 10%, another 90% is used up.. down and down.

To the labor class, which is the largest by far number of people.. by then they have sold their labor far too cheaply... BUT they get 100% of the inflation that this money creation created... This builds up in the system until the lowest classes revolt....  Boiling a 45 min video down to its raw form... Smiley Smiley ... A lot more history involved.

Feeling awake.
FeelingAwake (OP)

View Profile
August 05, 2021, 06:30:49 PM

Last attempt to get some views..

For many you might just want to jump straight to video 2.. My first one is an introduction and might not be quite as good as the other 2.. Takes a while to get into the groove..

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: