Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:19:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Can Translation Services be trusted?  (Read 216 times)
Mauser

Activity: 1778
Merit: 528

View Profile
March 06, 2021, 05:12:04 PM

They are not 100% correct but they are surely helpful.

The question should be if they are better than a free online translation software or not. If you could just get a similar translation for free than I don't think it's fair. I would definitely look on the reviews of the translator. The biggest problem is that we can't verify if it is a native speaker doing the translation or not.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MarcoS97

Activity: 99
Merit: 2

Hi =) iam just a friendly dude

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2021, 12:57:36 PM

they can help , but they also produce some funyy mistakes, sometimes even diff. situations.
Ucy (OP)

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 09:23:55 AM

I can't stop laughing reading the example from OP if that is what translation is all about ?i'm sure businesses will stay on their Local sections and only in this english threads lol.
At one point i have tried translation from Google , Our local to english and when i read the outcome ? yeah OP is correct  Grin Grin Grin

Well, I'm sure machine translation will get better in the future as artificial intelligence and neural networks evolve. Who knows, maybe one day we'll have universal StarTrek-style translators. Wink But, unfortunately, we are still far from it.

I doubt even the best AI can solve translation problems unless assisted by qualified translators.
I actually think AI should be monitored for errors when solving complex problems
Ucy (OP)

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
March 10, 2021, 03:24:26 PM

why not? if it's a reliable well-known translated service you can trust it

Do you know any reliable one i can trust to be accurate all the time? I always assume no man-made thing is perfect or  can be trusted 100%. But I can consider those with less mistakes
Xylber

Activity: 611
Merit: 124

View Profile
March 10, 2021, 05:07:31 PM

Sometimes I hire translators to review my english papers and to translate them to french or chinese. Be careful, because there is A LOT of fake chinese translators, they just copy/paste on google translator without even knowing the language.

I came across this translation:
ORIGINAL: "John and his daughter Cat go to shopping"
fake TRANSLATOR: "John and his daughter's cat go to shopping"

Do you know any reliable one i can trust to be accurate...
I recently used these services succesfully:
Steppes.com (english to european french)
and https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5257557 (english to chinese)
wwzsocki
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1708

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2021, 02:11:16 AM
Last edit: March 11, 2021, 02:25:01 AM by wwzsocki

snip

Of course translations services can be trusted, I run one of such WW's Service's from years here on Bitcointalk and have many happy and established clients.
I started as a translator by myself and after years of doing different jobs I got to know many great translators from the forum and we teamed up altogether.

Check my thread for more info we cover almost all most impotrant languages: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5257557.

The most important thing is to work with native experienced translators that are also in crypto from at least some time and have proven track records of their work.

I already explained it in my thread, so please read, only will add here that crypto is still very new and many phrases, words or even single words don't have straight translations in many languages, so an experienced translators with a knowledge about crypto or topic he is translating is the key.

I always hire proofreaders and I pay only if proofreader accept the work, when there are errors, of course translator needs to correct them, this is sometimes long process taking multiple checks.
Lately we have translated the old MEW website and this needed a lot of checks and edits in a row to be perfect. All because of confusing language that is used in crypto.

I can talk with you here hours about it. Sometimes two good transistors find errors in their works, despite both are perfect, because many languages are spoken differently in different regions, there are hundreds of things to consider, it's not so easy and of course there are many scammers out there too, they will use google translator and grab your money.

PS
I think you should look for new service, this translation is for sure google translated, somebody is scamming you here.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: