Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:50:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [CHARITY AUCTION] Kialara Hydra + Cypher Stamp #19  (Read 825 times)
M-BTC (OP)

Activity: 243
Merit: 232

Digital scarcity is a one-time discovery.

View Profile
March 06, 2021, 07:11:56 AM
Last edit: March 09, 2021, 08:00:05 AM by M-BTC

Charity auction - Kialara Hydra Set #090

Hey guys. I recently ran into THIS VIDEO from Didi Taihuttu, better known from The Bitcoin Family (the family who sold their house in 2017 to buy BTC). They are currently living in Mexico where Didi ran into a community of people who live in shacks, simply because they can't afford houses. The children who live there are lacking proper education and educational materials so Didi is raising funds to build them a proper school, furniture, materials etc. Watch the video for the full story. I was really moved after watching the video so I've decided to hold this auction.

The Kialara Hydra series was launched in 2018. This is a matching Kialara Hydra Diamond/Emerald set, #090/150.

• Starting bid: 0.02 BTC
  • Minimum increment: 0.0005 BTC
  • Auction ends: 13/03/2021, 08:00 CET (countdown timer)
  • Sniping is allowed
  • Shipping not included, calculated after the auction

Additional information:
Each bar contains: 1 troy ounce of .999 fine silver, loose diamond or emerald embellishment, stainless steel enclosure with mirror-finish, two large & two small mineral glass crystals and steel retaining rings, public & concealed private bitcoin keys behind newly-sourced, tamper-evident holograms. Screws are installed with loc-tite red and heads are drilled out for added security. Bar measurements 3″ x 2″ x 0.3″ – similar in size to a slabbed coin. The original retail price for a set was $1,090.

- Emeralds: Columbian, Natural, Round, Faceted, Sized 0.20ct. to 0.23ct. with a diameter between 3.85mm and 4.2mm.
- Natural, Round; excellent cut, Color: G, Size ranging from 0.25ct. SI1’s to 0.27ct. SI1/SI2’s.

Link to a tweet with more pics: https://twitter.com/m__btc/status/1340633129086820354?s=19

Don't want to place a bid but feeling generous? CLICK HERE TO DONATE (BTC, ETH, LTC, ADA, DASH and ZCASH).

EDIT: Krogothmanhattan has been so kind to donate #19 of his limited edition Cypher Stamps to the winner of this auction. CLICK HERE for more information about the stamps.

EDIT #2: I will not contact any of the bidders before the auction ends. I will only contact your from this account, my user ID is 2797996. The payment address will be posted in this OP for verification.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
buckrogers
Legendary

Activity: 2728
Merit: 1181

View Profile
March 06, 2021, 07:16:46 AM

0.02 BTC

Well I'm dr. spock I'm here to rock y'all
sunnybwoy
Copper Member

Activity: 528
Merit: 31

View Profile
March 06, 2021, 08:21:37 AM

0.025 BTC
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 2200

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2021, 01:51:26 PM

Didi is good people - I cant afford to jump in this auction but will donate via his link. Kudos to you for doing this to help his cause.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
Evilish

Activity: 882
Merit: 563

Bitcoin to the moon!

View Profile
March 06, 2021, 02:09:51 PM

0.026BTC
mikeinspace

Activity: 4
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2021, 11:14:59 PM

0.03BTC
M-BTC (OP)

View Profile
March 08, 2021, 03:42:54 PM
Merited by krogothmanhattan (2)

0.03BTC

Current high bid.

Krogothmanhattan has been so kind to donate #19 of his limited edition Cypher Stamps to the winner of this auction. CLICK HERE for more information about the stamps.

mikeinspace

View Profile
March 08, 2021, 05:58:12 PM

Someone messaged me on Telegram claiming I won the auction. I'm pretty sure I just got scammed. They asked me to pick an escrow. I picked SatsLife. I think what happened is they quickly created a fake account and I was too stupid to realize this. I sent the money to the "escrow". Then the accounts all disappeared from Telegram. I'm shaking right now because I fell for such an obvious scam.
ChiBitCTy
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 3002

View Profile
March 08, 2021, 06:37:59 PM

Someone messaged me on Telegram claiming I won the auction. I'm pretty sure I just got scammed. They asked me to pick an escrow. I picked SatsLife. I think what happened is they quickly created a fake account and I was too stupid to realize this. I sent the money to the "escrow". Then the accounts all disappeared from Telegram. I'm shaking right now because I fell for such an obvious scam.

Really sorry to hear this. Unfortunately this place is absolutely crawling with scumbag scammers and you’ve got to really be vigilant. When you’re new here it’s easy to make mistakes, so don’t take it too hard on yourself. We live and learn. & to the scammer..you’ll get yours you pos. Karma is a bitch.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2021, 12:53:25 AM

Really sorry to hear this. Unfortunately this place is absolutely crawling with scumbag scammers and you’ve got to really be vigilant. When you’re new here it’s easy to make mistakes, so don’t take it too hard on yourself. We live and learn. & to the scammer..you’ll get yours you pos. Karma is a bitch.
What kind of an absolute scumbag decides to scam a charity auction?

heisty
Copper Member

Activity: 386
Merit: 8

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 01:08:36 AM

What kind of an absolute scumbag decides to scam a charity auction?

I was thinking the exact same thing; horrendous thing to do, especially considering the cause.  I'm sorry this happened to you. 
mikeinspace

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 03:29:44 AM
Merited by DarkStar_ (10)

I appreciate all the concern, but there is some good news. I was able to act fast and the unconfirmed transaction was spent back into my control. You can read about it here: https://twitter.com/mikeinspace/status/1369090274480300036?s=20

Unfortunately, I did have to pay someone to construct the new transaction for me on very short notice, as RBF wasn't enabled, and had to put a very hefty miner fee on the transaction to get it included in a block hours after the initial transaction entered the mempool.

In all, I'm out about $800.

I hate to do this to a charity auction, but if I can rescind my offer, I would appreciate your understanding in the matter.

I really hate to do this, but I'm still shaken up by the experience today of getting scammed and probably shouldn't be spending more at the moment after wasting $800 today to save the larger amount sent to the scammer. @M-BTC I hope you understand. I know its poor form to pull an auction bid like this. Sorry, I fucked up.
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2021, 05:03:46 AM
Merited by M-BTC (1), plen (1)

I know its poor form to pull an auction bid like this. Sorry, I fucked up.
Easy solution.
0.031 BTC

M-BTC (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 07:57:59 AM

I appreciate all the concern, but there is some good news. I was able to act fast and the unconfirmed transaction was spent back into my control. You can read about it here: https://twitter.com/mikeinspace/status/1369090274480300036?s=20

Unfortunately, I did have to pay someone to construct the new transaction for me on very short notice, as RBF wasn't enabled, and had to put a very hefty miner fee on the transaction to get it included in a block hours after the initial transaction entered the mempool.

In all, I'm out about $800.

I hate to do this to a charity auction, but if I can rescind my offer, I would appreciate your understanding in the matter.

I really hate to do this, but I'm still shaken up by the experience today of getting scammed and probably shouldn't be spending more at the moment after wasting $800 today to save the larger amount sent to the scammer. @M-BTC I hope you understand. I know its poor form to pull an auction bid like this. Sorry, I fucked up.

Glad to hear you were able to replace the transaction and leave the scammer empty-handed. Unfortunately there are people who make a living by scamming people, even if that means they're basically stealing funds from 50 kids who're hoping for proper education and a better future. You were already outbid so it's all good but of course I wouldn't mind if you cancelled your bid.

M-BTC (OP)

View Profile
March 12, 2021, 03:29:54 PM

I know its poor form to pull an auction bid like this. Sorry, I fucked up.
Easy solution.
0.031 BTC

Current high bid.

15 hours left in this charity auction!

BecauseTheCuriosity

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2021, 04:34:16 AM

BecauseTheCuriosity

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2021, 07:02:43 AM

M-BTC (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2021, 08:04:26 AM

Winning bid, nice snipe!

I've contacted Didi to ask if he wants the funds sent directly to the donation address on his website. I'll let you know once I hear back.

M-BTC (OP)

View Profile
March 13, 2021, 06:31:58 PM

I just spoke to Didi. You can send the funds directly to him, he made a special wallet for the school project: 3MTWNn2TUVZn9PYfBnekGDamUw8ttFoDZg

Here is a screenshot from his DM so you can verify the address:

To make this easier I will cover for the shipping costs Grin. Please DM me the txid + your shipping address and I'll send them your way a.s.a.p.

M-BTC (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2021, 10:45:40 AM

Haloxon has confirmed receiving the Kialara Hydra set so I'm closing this topic. Thanks again for bidding!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: