Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:11:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: all my bitcoin was stolen from my electrum wallet - anything i can do?  (Read 142 times)
alextazy88 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2021, 05:06:07 PM

I got the Transaction ID Sad
oh my god  Cry

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6108

View Profile
March 05, 2021, 05:09:57 PM

If the transaction hasn't been confirmed yet, and it's RBF enabled, then you can cancel it otherwise, no, there isn't much you can do sadly.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509

View Profile
March 05, 2021, 08:28:32 PM

About that transaction? Unlikely, unless it is flagged as RBF and yet to be confirmed, as OSS has said above.

Going forward? You need to examine how your bitcoin was stolen and take steps to address the vulnerability. Did you download a malicious version of Electrum? Do you have malware on your computer? Do you need to format your computer and start fresh with a clean OS? Was your seed phrase compromised? Do you need to find a more secure method/location of backing it up? Do you have other bitcoin/altcoins which are now also at risk and should be moved to safe wallets?
Lordhermes

Activity: 1232
Merit: 379

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2021, 07:47:22 PM

I kept on wondering how a set-up electrum wallet got hacked when every keys are saved perfectly, could it be that a close friend to op got access to his keys?

If your electrum wallet is properly kept secured and backed up, every keys saved in a private place especially offline, downloaded from a right electrum website, any possibility that the coin in the wallet could be stolen by unknown hacker?
o_e_l_e_o
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 18509

View Profile
March 07, 2021, 08:22:46 PM

I kept on wondering how a set-up electrum wallet got hacked when every keys are saved perfectly, could it be that a close friend to op got access to his keys?
It could be, but it doesn't necessarily have to be. Electrum is only a software wallet. Anything which compromises the device it is installed on can compromise the wallet and potentially steal the keys or coins held within. If the device it is installed on is connect to the internet, then there is a significant risk. If the device it is installed on is used for daily browsing, visiting a variety of websites, downloading files, social media, emails, etc., then there is a very significant risk.

If your electrum wallet is properly kept secured and backed up, every keys saved in a private place especially offline, downloaded from a right electrum website, any possibility that the coin in the wallet could be stolen by unknown hacker?
The "offline" part is the important part of this sentence. If you are using Electrum in an airgapped set up, with it installed on a device which never connects to the internet, paired with a watch only wallet on an internet enabled device, then such a set up done correctly is very safe and very difficult to be hacked. If, on the other hand, you are using Electrum on an internet connected device as described above, then it is significantly less safe.
joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1789

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2021, 10:25:30 AM

Since you don't really know how your seed was leaked, I think cleaning up your OS and moving all your crypto to a new wallet in a secure device would be the best step. After that, start asking the questions leo listed up above.

In the end, you might find nothing, but it's a good practice to do. Don't forget to check your e-mail, crypto accounts, and other stuff like that to make sure they're not hacked, change your password etc if necessary. If you were attacked by a keylogger, then that step might become necessary to protect your accounts.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███