Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:19:31 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie here - need to understand how it works for my purposes  (Read 267 times)
Rengga Jati

Activity: 2016
Merit: 646

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2021, 10:52:14 PM

I have a wallet and I'd like to put some BTCs (or other crypto-currency) in it. My biggest concern is the fees and when/where they apply.
If I go to an ATM and I feed it with physical money to get my crypto-currency, do I have to pay some fees?
Would I use my crypto-currency to buy something online (same currency), are there any fees being applied?

Thanks for your help.
F.

1. AFAIK, transactions using ATMs need higher fees. I wonder is there any local exchange in your country? if there is, it is better to use the local exchange and make a deposit by fiat to the exchange (ensure and learn that the exchange is really trusted and reputable).
2. If there is no, you can learn about global exchanges such as Binance, you can deposit to this exchange using your credit card.
There are also some other reputable exchanges that accept using CC.
https://www.bestbitcoinexchange.io/payment-methods/credit-card/
3. About fees
In exchange, commonly there are always fees applied to every transaction.
 However, the fees will vary depending on the exchanges that you are using.
The fees commonly include:
- Deposit (some exchanges make free for a deposit, but some exchanges need a fee for deposit)
- Trading fees. This also varies on a certain percentage, but commonly under 1%. Choose the trading fees that range about 0%-0.5% maximally. So far, there are also some exchanges that offer zero-fee for maker trading.
- Withdrawal fees. This is commonly the biggest fee that you should spend when going to withdraw certain coins both for your fiat or other exchanges or wallet. That is why it is better to learn at first the coin that is better to withdraw using low fees.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1590

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
March 18, 2021, 12:13:38 AM

Thanks again guys!

So let me try with an example to validate my understanding...

I'm in Switzerland, so I'll base it off CHF.
If I want to buy CHF 200.- worth of BTC, I can subscribe to Binance and there I would receive 0.003665 BTC (as of the time of writing). I would guess that this would be already the net amount, with all fees detracted - correct?
So, when I have that amount of BTC, it is not yet in my wallet to be spent - correct? In fact, it is still deposited at Binance.
Afterwards I decide I want to use BTC to pay something I buy online. That's where my wallet comes into play, right? I go to Binance and withdraw some (or all) BTC. At this point, I have to pay 0.0005 BTC fees, which would leave me with 0.003165 in my wallet - right? When I look at this with the fiat currency, I would have to say that from CHF 200.- I put into BTC, I finally got only CHF 175.- in my wallet.

Is the above correct?

F.

Firstly, avoid  Binance, it is know to be particularly expensive. Secondly, localbitcoins will charge you a large spread, just because the guy has to make some profit for his time. My advice is to buy from someone you know who has an account. If you can't do some research on fees. Normally, you will pay something like 0.5% per trade and possible a withdrawal feed. You also need to see if they require KYC, ID, etc...

I do not know the spread from Paypal, but it may be worth having a look because it does not get much simpler than that and time is also valuable.

FlavioB (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 25, 2021, 08:57:07 PM

Hi all again.
I was lurking the web for other information and it happened that I stumbled over Monero - which seems to have way lower withdrawal fees.
What can you tell me about this cryptocurrency?
F.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: