Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:19:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Cuba central bank now recognize Bitcoin  (Read 171 times)
cotton ball

Activity: 1288
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 29, 2021, 12:42:18 PM

Cuba's central bank now recognizes bitcoin, The announcement comes as the popularity of the cryptocurrency has grown in Cuba among some tech-savvy groups. It's also because it's getting harder and harder for people to send and use US dollars on the island, partly because of the tightened embargo rules imposed under former United States president Donald Trump.
AhmadM

Activity: 1022
Merit: 308

View Profile
August 29, 2021, 05:40:07 PM

one of the thing I don’t like in central bank and government adoption is the fact that it will undermine the anonymous nature of bitcoin, because there will be a kyc before the bank will allow individual use of digital currencies within their region.
I guess that thing was inevitable, no doubt the government certainly take an action to track how its citizens would spend their Bitcoin in regards to prevent some individuals to use it for illegal activities. By that, I'm assured the citizen also aware of the possibility of their transactions using Bitcoin would not remain 100 percent anonymous anymore.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: