Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:42:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you differentiate good Airdrops from bad ones?  (Read 218 times)
isaac_clarke22

Activity: 1596
Merit: 264

View Profile
October 27, 2021, 01:32:35 PM

~
I stopped in all of them, when one emailed me a phishing site to their fake MEW page, because they know that I was using MEW wallet. Good thing I smelled something fishy that time, because it is obviously off-putting when you visit the site aside from the fake domain name.
If the airdrop is too good to be true, then it probably is a scam.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dbc23

Activity: 1036
Merit: 311

View Profile
October 27, 2021, 02:08:43 PM

It's really difficult to know a project that would do fulfil their promises and getting to know a legit project too tend to be more difficult this days because more and more projects keep popping up and the few genuine projects don't really last long anymore. I think if the airdrop is completely free then I wouldn't mind risking my time for it but if eventually it turns out a scam there is nothing to lose
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 2172

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2021, 04:06:45 PM

In a simple answer, there is no proper way to detect 100% legit airdrop. Before participating in an airdrop you have to investigate the project. How they are potential and what is their product. If there is nothing potential and no real goal then most likely you are going to waste time there. Just keep in mind nothing is free in the world, they are collecting your personal details for marketing. Nowadays joining airdrop is just a waste of time I think. The token is even not worth of gas fee. Either project legit or scam you aren't going to get anything noticeable from the current airdrop. It's better to spend your time somewhere else.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
kryptocanon

Activity: 168
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 27, 2021, 04:17:05 PM

Well I hardly participate in Airdrops these days, not after I have my wallet filled with spam my coins. The airdrop I do try participating in these days is the CMC airdrop which is quite a contest. Just pray to get lucky, once you're being selected as winner, You will be airdropped.

▀ ▄▀ ██ ▀ ▀███████████     SecondLive.World     ███████████▀ ▀ ██ ▀▄ ▀
CHOOSE LIFE  ♦  CHOOSE SPACE  ♦  CHOOSE FRIENDS
AakZaki
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1076

zknodes.org

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2021, 07:27:58 PM

My answer is simple - I ignore everything what is called airdrop. It's just waste of time. Maybe I have not enough experience with airdrops, but I think it's too difficult find valuable airdrop when there is so many scams.
~snip~
Since ICO tokens are very popular until now I rarely participate in Airdrops. As far as I know, Airdrop is purely free so I rarely investigate projects and their uses. The most important thing is a step that is not too complicated and certainly does not harm my wallet address. Moreover, if there is an aidrop who asks to pay, I will never follow it.
Marykeller

Activity: 1064
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2021, 09:10:53 PM

Anything that has been given as free will surely have not much value, in the end, the same goes for Airdrop. Gone are the days when Airdrop pays. these days Airdrop is full of shitty coins that end up becoming worthless. No need of hoping for better payment from Airdrop at all. The best thing to do is to avoid partaking in any of them

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Kelvinid

Activity: 2800
Merit: 344

when lambo...

View Profile
October 27, 2021, 09:58:18 PM

Mostly, newbies to Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency at large participate more in Airdrops as a way of adding more coins to their bags but often times, they fall victim to scammers and fake airdrops.
Well, I don't blame their innocent as they are still learning and experiencing how to be disappointed.

I personally have not been participating that much in it because a couple of it I tried was scam or they will end up not giving me. But I noticed some of them are real and people benefit from them.
Yeah, 0/10 or 1/100. If you got lucky to find and participate in those projects, then you got your benefits but if not, that is just a waste fo time and frustration. That you don't you don't have to expect any from them so it will still be play of you get scam.

So my question is HOW CAN ONE KNOW REAL AIRDROP that will pay?
It mostly has a good offer and high price that it looks very interesting and good to be true. It was really hard to tell if that airdrop is legit or not, but you can find it later.

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
LordMiguel

Activity: 175
Merit: 10

ITSMYNE

View Profile
October 28, 2021, 02:02:14 PM

My dear. 90% of the Airdrops are fake. they utilized the opportunity to grow their social media platform. mostly, they will not pay or they might select few members from the list and pay. some times they will not pay and claimed they have paid when people asked them. airdrops are waste of time and resources. try buying a token and hold on to it. it will surly pay in the long run. For me i prefer to hold on to Ethereum.

isaac_clarke22

Activity: 1596
Merit: 264

View Profile
October 28, 2021, 02:07:08 PM

~
Well to think of it, even outside crypto it happens.
Those fake giveaways where you do entries in a certain site and would like you to share their page, join their discord, or follow them in Twitter. Most of those just ended up being nothing and I have never heard someone yet that they got this certain item from a giveaway by just sharing or boosting their audience.
It also happens in Youtube, now that many Youtubers are just hungry for revenue, but they don't care about their audience at all.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: