Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:21:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: At what point would you stop complying with pandemic orders?
Mask Mandates - 2 (10.5%)
Vaccinations - 5 (26.3%)
Vaccination Passports to Travel - 0 (0%)
Vaccination Passports to be in Public - 2 (10.5%)
Mandatory Enrollment in Semi-Annual Booster Shot Program to be in Public - 0 (0%)
Jailing and Asset Forfeiture of the Unvaccinated - 2 (10.5%)
Door to Door Forced Vaccinations Enforced by Violence - 5 (26.3%)
I would bend over for my government if they asked. - 3 (15.8%)
Total Voters: 19

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [Poll] At what point will you stop complying with Covid restrictions?  (Read 643 times)
Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1512

View Profile
August 03, 2021, 09:46:59 PM

https://www.foxnews.com/media/biden-covid-adviser-americans-need-to-wear-n95-masks

Former Biden admin. Covid-19 health adviser says the quiet part out loud. Read for yourself his statements, don't take my word. He says that the cloth masks everyone has been wearing haven't really done much in stopping the virus going in or out and that heavier duty masks are required. This isn't a right wing nut job, this is someone who used to advise Joe Biden and his staff. This person isn't a mask cultist, and is looking at the data which demonstrate that masks are not effective outside of specific and careful laboratory conditions in stopping Covid spread. I'm glad he's speaking out, because once people ditch the mask, they'll take measures that work, like the vaccine, or social distancing, which are demonstrable methods of stopping Covid spread.

You might watch his Joe Rogan appearance, this is the only interview that I can find that is long form - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3URhJx0NSw This was over a year ago, but much of the info holds true, so he happened to get a lot right.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Wakate

Activity: 980
Merit: 519

fillippone - Winner contest Pizza 2022

View Profile
August 03, 2021, 10:16:00 PM

I will always do my best to comply to all covid-19 restrictions but I can always decide to choose my path of the precautionary measures that sooth my well being not doing things that can never have effect or makes me look stupid. I've always wearing my nose mask and maintaining social distances when in the outer world, but I don't think I can ever get vaccinated looking at the current vaccine complains.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
_Miracle

Activity: 906
Merit: 659

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2021, 09:15:43 AM

"At what point will you stop complying with Covid restrictions?"

"Comply" being the key word here
My state was early in mask mandates and I felt like it was a government overreach until constantly hearing the complaints about the "loss of liberty".

With liberty comes the responsibility of making your own choices on the other hand it has become painfully clear that most people don't have the time or ability to always chose wisely.

I hate wearing a mask and almost always only do so when required---I say "almost" because I'll wear one in crowds.

I am pro-vaccine, everyone who wants one should get one at no charge  and the world has the will and resources to make that happen, I'm also a former Rotarian so that's a deeply embedded belief even pre-covid.

And even though I am vaccinated I am against my government opting for forced vaccinations and would get active on the matter.
Anyone who does not want to take it shouldn't have to, I'll stand up for your right not to.
So while I'd comply by choice I would dissent and act on principle.

BTW there were no helmet laws when I lived in South Carolina; I still wore an f'ing motorcycle helmet when riding.

There 'used' to be more truth in forums than anywhere else.  Twitter:  @cryptobitchicks  Spock: "I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously. To which are you referring?"  INTJ-A
fastlight

Activity: 70
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 08, 2021, 09:18:51 AM

Don't be afraid of the american "SAVAK" (the secret police of the overthrown "shah" of iran)... they are exactly like they were. lying, corrupt, malfeasant, ignoble little cowards, who support childrape (epstein/pedogate), 911 lies and cover ups, or the election steal...
Natsuu

Activity: 1120
Merit: 158

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 08, 2021, 09:28:17 AM

My state was early in mask mandates and I felt like it was a government overreach until constantly hearing the complaints about the "loss of liberty".

With liberty comes the responsibility of making your own choices on the other hand it has become painfully clear that most people don't have the time or ability to always chose wisely.

I hate wearing a mask and almost always only do so when required---I say "almost" because I'll wear one in crowds.

I am pro-vaccine, everyone who wants one should get one at no charge  and the world has the will and resources to make that happen, I'm also a former Rotarian so that's a deeply embedded belief even pre-covid.

And even though I am vaccinated I am against my government opting for forced vaccinations and would get active on the matter.
Anyone who does not want to take it shouldn't have to, I'll stand up for your right not to.

BTW there were no helmet laws when I lived in South Carolina; I still wore an f'ing motorcycle helmet when riding.

Indeed, the only thing is that the gov't should GIVE the right informations about being vaccinated and how the vaccine works in the pandemic, then let the audience decide if they're ready to take or not. Cause you already give the things, and should not be forced. (Note: the talk should be 2 way so the audience can question the speaker regarding some confusing manners)

I am not yet vaccinated, but waiting to be vaccinated as I already registered for one, but don't have any schedule yet. Plus I am currently in my internship so taking a leave for a walk in vaccination is a no-no.

fastlight

Activity: 70
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 08, 2021, 09:31:33 AM

Indeed, the only thing is that the gov't should GIVE the right informations about being vaccinated and how the vaccine works in the pandemic, then let the audience decide if they're ready to take or not. Cause you already give the things, and should not be forced. (Note: the talk should be 2 way so the audience can question the speaker regarding some confusing manners)

I am not yet vaccinated, but waiting to be vaccinated as I already registered for one, but don't have any schedule yet. Plus I am currently in my internship so taking a leave for a walk in vaccination is a no-no.

What about the crimes commited, like placing intentionnally sick old people in care facilities to increase death toll (cf cuomo, whitmer?), what about the suppression of effective cheap treatment (HCQ, Ivermectine, Zinc, vit. c, d)? to remain unpunished like all the users of the epstein facilities and products or 911 / wtc 7? Most wasps can only disappoint me, more and more.
Natsuu

Activity: 1120
Merit: 158

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 08, 2021, 11:18:24 AM

What about the crimes commited, like placing intentionnally sick old people in care facilities to increase death toll (cf cuomo, whitmer?)
[citations needed]

I don't know the reference of what you are talking about, or you are just assuming things as every conspiracy out there.

what about the suppression of effective cheap treatment (HCQ, Ivermectine, Zinc, vit. c, d)?
Suppression? or is it just that this kind of meds are being used for treatments designated for it, plus the limited stocks of it. In such things, you needed prescription as it is not a over the counter drug (+ insufficient studies will defend the claims for this med, thus informations like this will make people panic and buy stocks of the drugs, that will eventually result to shortage if needed by medical facilities and such)

to remain unpunished like all the users of the epstein facilities and products or 911 / wtc 7? Most wasps can only disappoint me, more and more.

[citation needed]

Gyfts
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 1512

View Profile
August 17, 2021, 02:26:56 PM

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/new-zealand-to-enter-lockdown-after-recording-first-local-covid-19-case-in-six-months

New Zealand entering Covid lockdown over *first* Covid case in 6 months.

Not a total overreaction or anything, but who knows, maybe a lockdown actually works in this scenario.

New Zealand is an island after all, and they are catching the cases early. Reason other lockdowns never worked is because once community transmission already gets going, it's impossible to physically isolate to the degree needed to stop transmission.

Also to consider though - the delta variant is more transmissible than alpha, so the lockdown may not matter in the end. Time will tell.
PrimeNumber7
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1899

Amazon Prime Member #7

View Profile
August 18, 2021, 02:28:49 AM

That is ridiculous. Covid tests are not even 100% accurate, so a single positive may be a false positive.

Their economy is not going to be able to sustain sudden lockdowns over a single case. Either people will be out of work due to the snap lockdowns, or the government will need to borrow to pay for stimulus and transfer payments that cannot go on forever without high inflation, or investors declining to continue purchase government bonds, or both.

They should focus on getting their citizens vaccinated with one of the Trump vaccines, so cases will not matter.
Raytheon

Activity: 186
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 18, 2021, 03:26:45 AM

That is ridiculous. Covid tests are not even 100% accurate, so a single positive may be a false positive.

Their economy is not going to be able to sustain sudden lockdowns over a single case. Either people will be out of work due to the snap lockdowns, or the government will need to borrow to pay for stimulus and transfer payments that cannot go on forever without high inflation, or investors declining to continue purchase government bonds, or both.

They should focus on getting their citizens vaccinated with one of the Trump vaccines, so cases will not matter.
I don't think it's a false positive as all medias reported that it's a Delta variant case. It would be a joke for the whole world if it turned out to be a false case.

I agree that it's overreacting to lock down the entire country although the Delta variant is dangerous. Locking down the city/area where the case founded would be more appropriate. China has done well this strategy. Locking down infected area immediately when number of cases still in low and test all citizens in that area within a few days to find out F0, and then test a few more times to make sure no F0 exists in the community. But this requires a lot of facilities and capabilities.

No doubt vaccines is the key but buying vaccines at this time is not easy, especially when rich countries are planning on a third dose. I'm not sure if it's New Zealand case but it's a real headache to poorer countries. My country is an example, few vaccines results in low vaccinated percentage and prolonged lock down. People lose their jobs and migrate from big cities to hometown, bringing with them the virus. I don't even know when this situation might get better.
_Miracle

Activity: 906
Merit: 659

Do due diligence

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2021, 10:41:58 PM

I think you're right : we should be able to trust our governments to provide truthful information for its people to make choices.
Many of us have accepted that we can't and instead of challenging our government to live up to a better standard---just resist everything (and call that "thinking for themselves").

Also we have the issue of "fast news"---a constantly "breaking news" cycle which often presents things as "facts" before they actually are and that contributes to misinformation.

There 'used' to be more truth in forums than anywhere else.  Twitter:  @cryptobitchicks  Spock: "I am expressing multiple attitudes simultaneously. To which are you referring?"  INTJ-A
Tash

Activity: 1190
Merit: 305

Pro financial, medical liberty

View Profile
August 22, 2021, 06:02:24 AM

I think you're right : we should be able to trust our governments to provide truthful information for its people to make choices.
Many of us have accepted that we can't and instead of challenging our government to live up to a better standard---just resist everything (and call that "thinking for themselves").

Also we have the issue of "fast news"---a constantly "breaking news" cycle which often presents things as "facts" before they actually are and that contributes to misinformation.
Thanks for the good laugh. unfortunately did not manage to reed past that point.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: