Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 10:36:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is electrum a theif?  (Read 259 times)
nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 5733

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
April 13, 2021, 03:37:19 AM

UPDATE:
OK So I see many replies and many people seem to believe I am either wrong, inexperienced or somehow misguided.
So.... for clarity I am now including screen shots of what I am looking at and the process I am executing.
-snip-
Any positive assistance to recover my funds would be greatly appreciated.
Most users here use Electrum (including me) and no one have encountered "theft" from a verified legit client.
The replies aren't negative in a degrading way. It's just you didn't provided enough info in the first place so most replies became wild guesses.

Lets pile some more things to test/do:
  • 1. Try to check the "Addresses" and "Coins" tabs for frozen coins or address, to enable the tabs, click "View->Show Addresses/Coins".
    Frozen address has a blue highlight on the entry in the addresses or coins tab; while a frozen coin's highlight is under the "output point" in the coins tab.

• 2. The previously set fee rate may be too high that it's registering '0' as your maximum sendable balance since your current balance is just 0.00046975 BTC which can be all used as txn fee,
    try to put the lowest possible amount 0.00547 mBTC in the amount, click "send", set the fee slider all the way down and cancel that send dialogue.
    Now try another transaction but click "advanced" and set a reasonable fee, you'll see a real-time info based from what you've set.

• 3. You must verify your Electrum, downloading it from the official site doesn't mean you have a legit version. Here are the steps: https://bitcoinelectrum.com/how-to-verify-your-electrum-download/

• 4. Also, please click the 2fa icon on the lower-right hand side of Electrum (Blue shield icon) and see if you already have prepaid credits in your Trusted coin account.
    It should be written like this: "Your wallet has xx prepaid transactions". If you didn't have any, consider disabling 2fa before sending your bitcoins.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████