Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 03:38:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I went big into Bitcoin and Ethereum...  (Read 764 times)
pankowri

Activity: 728
Merit: 63

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
April 06, 2021, 09:46:04 AM

I agree with some seniors that this is not the right place to Express your wallet as a beginner. At initial, you can gather more information and knowledge and practice then you want to know something you need but indirectly means not your way. I hope for your bright future in crypto but be cognizant and be suspicious.

proTECH77

Activity: 1120
Merit: 30

Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023

View Profile
April 06, 2021, 10:16:59 AM

How safe is the Coinbase wallet for holding my stuff?
I've read that their site is actually very secure.
Coinbase wallet is very secure, when you follow the rules that guide the wallet day and night. It is well secure when you keep your personal details concerning the wallet to your self. It is good for short term investment, if you want to achieve something reliable from your transaction.

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄          bisq.network          ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
<<<<<<<<<<<Bisq Market Day - March 20th 2023 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀          DOWNLOAD    N O W           ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
ven7net

Activity: 1946
Merit: 112

View Profile
April 06, 2021, 12:25:25 PM

Hello Gang,
New guy here.
About 2 weeks ago I purchased $50,000 of Bitcoin and Ethereum thru Coinbase.
It's all sitting in the Coinbase wallet with a 2 step verification to get access.

I just ordered a Trezor 1 cold wallet. Might take a few days to get here.
How safe is the Coinbase wallet for holding my stuff?
I've read that their site is actually very secure.

Thanks for any info!

I would say that security is a relative concept. Of course, Coinbase probably has good protection, but as far as I've heard, it's best to have your own cold wallet and the fact that you ordered yourself Trezor speaks about it. It's best to keep your crypto in the safest place, and remember that there are other ways to lose your crypto. For example, the loss of data to enter the wallet, or the loss of a Trezor device. There is also a chance of getting a virus, but this can only depend on your actions. The most important thing is that you yourself understand the importance of storing your crypto and do everything for its safety.
rosebrand

Activity: 784
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 06, 2021, 03:30:09 PM

Coinbase is one of the biggest exchange in crypto and is very secured, it's hasn't had any hack incidents ever since it came in existence. Like people say prevention is better than cure, holding a coin in an exchange for a long period of time could be risky because no one knows hackers are getting stronger and building thier knowledge which stands as a threat to most exchanges. 2FA only secures your funds from someone else getting rid of it without ur information , if eventually an exchange is hacked 2FA is useless it can't stop hackers from moving funds, so it's better to save you coins in a cold or hard wallet where your seed and private keys protect your asset.

Innerpumper

Activity: 1021
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
April 06, 2021, 03:43:54 PM

that's right, I've never heard of any theft at coinbase. I think it's completely safe. Storing them in a cold wallet is the best option. Don't forget to keep the key on paper or otherwise so that it is not easily lost and stolen.

▀█████▄▀██▄▀█▄          H   E   L   E   N   A          ▀▄▀             501,652% APY             ▄█▀▄██▀▄█████▀
▀██▄                  |        TWITTER        |      TELEGRAM      |        DISCORD        |                  ▄██▀
▀█▄        The Best in Space Auto-Compounding DeFi 3.0 Protocol on BSC        ▄█▀
yat97

Activity: 173
Merit: 20

View Profile
April 06, 2021, 04:07:08 PM

Get it off the exchange and anonymize it ASAP
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: