Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:37:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I have a few beginner questions regarding crypto trading  (Read 724 times)
wiss19

Activity: 2114
Merit: 338

View Profile
April 30, 2021, 08:05:55 PM

I've heard mentions in forums and youtube that people who trade prefer to store their crypto in wallets outside of an exchange for security reasons. If I'm understanding that right, that instead of storing their crypto in wallets that you can make on your coinbase account, they store it in a paper wallet or something. Am I understanding that right? And if so, what security risk am I taking by storying the crypto that I've invested in, in wallets that I created in my coinbase account?
Storing coins/assets outside of exchanges is not a new thing. People do it to avoid the problems that comes with storing your coins in an exchange , such as the exchange being hacked and issues like that. So, they stay clear from it and can go as far as buying the Trezor ledger to be store their coins in a safe place.

Although the Coinbase you say that you’re making use of has been really good at securing their website or platform, and they have not had issues like most of the exchange there is.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MIner1448

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

Tontogether | Save Smart & Win Big

View Profile
May 01, 2021, 11:34:52 AM

Regarding the storage of cryptocurrency, of course, everyone recommends storing their coins in cold wallets, here, of course, it depends on what amounts are in question.
Regarding the security of exchanges from hacking, there are already cases that two-factor authentication is hacked on exchanges, although I do not even understand how burglars do it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: