Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:55:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need 2017 S9 Firmware with SSH access  (Read 74 times)
oxlithiumxo (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2021, 08:18:12 PM

Hi I have an S9 that has the following firmware on it.   Linux 3.14.0-xilinx-ge8a2f71-dirty #82 SMP PREEMPT Tue May 16 19:49:53 CST 2017
This is a 13.5TH unit.
I would like to reflash the unit with the same firmware to see if it corrects a discarded share issue. Getting about 86% of shares discarded, with no latency/router/connection issues. 5 hours on and 1062 accepted and 7909 discarded.
Wanting to avoid loosing SSH access and bricking the machine as I already went through this with my L3's. I use SSH on mine. There are a lot of download links just want the correct one.

One that I have is Antminer-S9-all-201711171757-autofreq-user-Update2UBI-NF.tar but not sure if that is the correct one to use.

Thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 2955

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2021, 11:58:05 PM

Use this link below to find the old version of s9 firmware or 2017 firmware

- https://service.bitmain.com/support/download?product=Antminer%20S9

Download all 2017 firmware and try and check if there are changes on the dashboard under system overview after you flash the firmware that you download is not the exact firmware that you looking for.

I don't how to know the exact firmware of s9 miner by just checking it on the dashboard but you can able to download all 2017 firmware from the Bitmain download page.

Just don't download the latest version that can disable your SSH access don't worry about bricked if everything is related to software you can flash the miner with an SD card to fix it.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
oxlithiumxo (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
April 10, 2021, 01:08:54 AM

Ok I will give it a try. I was not sure if bitmain still had the 2017 firmware available and if they did if it removed the SSH port from what they have available, even if it says 2017.
When I ran through this with my L3's they didnt have 2017 only 2019 and that had no SSH access. Thanks for your help.
oxlithiumxo (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
April 10, 2021, 01:10:55 AM

All the 2017 firmware options say- * Remove: post mac and stop mining interface. Does that mean removed SSH access?
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6367

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
April 10, 2021, 01:16:10 AM

I would like to reflash the unit with the same firmware to see if it corrects a discarded share issue. Getting about 86% of shares discarded, with no latency/router/connection issues. 5 hours on and 1062 accepted and 7909 discarded.
Wanting to avoid loosing SSH access and bricking the machine.

It's pretty normal to have more discarded shares than accepted, you are probably worried about it because you don't understand what discarded shares mean, you can find plenty of explanation on google or this forum, no firmware will "fix" that for you because it isn't a problem in the first place, unless it shows the wrong status on purpose for some marketing purpose.

But just to answer your question, all S9 firmware versions are "removable" with an Sdcard, but if don't want to go through that process, avoid every firmware that has the word "Secured / Security" in the description, so basically all the 2019+ firmware versions.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
oxlithiumxo (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
April 10, 2021, 02:21:51 AM

Thanks guys. Appreciate the help. Yeah, this S9 was brand new sealed, just plugged it in this week and getting higher than expected stats I've been mining with many L3's for a while. Just wasn't used to seeing that many discarded shares. So far today, 11 hours on, 2575 accepted and 19530 discarded with a 4.3 utility and 115HW.
I understand the machine working on stuff that is already been solved/old news is discarded. Didn't know what to expect.

Thanks again.
thierry4wd

Activity: 446
Merit: 347

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2021, 08:00:12 PM

Hi,

you just need to monitoring "rejected", only Accepted and Rejected is important Wink

mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6367

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
April 11, 2021, 01:18:35 AM

I understand the machine working on stuff that is already been solved/old news is discarded. Didn't know what to expect.

It's good that you want to learn, most people wouldn't bother. Undecided

Out of all the status and the information you see on your miner as well as the mining pool, your accepted hashrate on the pool is all that really matters as far as profit is concerned, so if your miner shows an average of 14-14.5TH and your accepted hashrate on the pool is within the range you shouldn't worry about anything else, if it's off then you start looking around.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████