Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 04:00:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: (Issue Solved)  (Read 1045 times)
Rejinx (OP)

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 30, 2011, 01:29:59 AM
Last edit: November 30, 2011, 01:40:46 AM by Rejinx

I wanted to put 20 LTC on BTC-E and the client wanted to charge me a 2.2LTC fee.  It is cheaper to send USD around the internet.  
What the hell is going on??
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
November 30, 2011, 01:31:35 AM

Do you have transaction spam in your wallet and are you using the latest client 0.5.0.8?

Rejinx (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2011, 01:35:07 AM

Do you have transaction spam in your wallet and are you using the latest client 0.5.0.8?
I have 0.5.0.6 and yea I did get some spam back a few weeks ago.  I will download the new client and see if that help.  Thanks.  Too bad there isn't a way to alert people of new clients automatically or even an auto update feature, but I know, these coins are all in a sorta beta.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 30, 2011, 01:43:15 AM

It is cheaper to send USD around the internet.

20 LTC is $0.30.  Where can you transfer $0.30 electronically and pay < 3 cent fee?

Rejinx (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2011, 01:47:38 AM

issue is solved Grin.
Graet
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2011, 01:56:26 AM

Too bad there isn't a way to alert people of new clients automatically or even an auto update feature, but I know, these coins are all in a sorta beta.

until there is subscribe to this thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=47417.0 get email notification Smiley
coblee is very good with updates there Smiley

| Ozcoin Pooled Mining Pty Ltd https://ozcoin.net Double Geometric Reward System https://lc.ozcoin.net for Litecoin mining DGM| https://crowncloud.net VPS and Dedicated Servers for the BTC community
coblee
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1653
Merit: 1286

Creator of Litecoin. Cryptocurrency enthusiast.

View Profile
November 30, 2011, 02:22:24 AM

issue is solved Grin.

Yes, the old client was trying to spend all those 0.00000001 litecoins in your send. This caused the transaction to be huge and that's why the transaction fees were 2.2 ltc. With the new client, all the transaction spams are ignored when sending coins.

sd

Activity: 730

View Profile
November 30, 2011, 08:04:46 PM

20 LTC is $0.30.  Where can you transfer $0.30 electronically and pay < 3 cent fee?

I'm guessing you are American. In the Eurozone you can send money for no fee, even from one country to another as long as both use countries use the Euro. All transfers are free on non-business accounts. In the UK it's much the same. Payments have no charge and go though in under an hour with the faster payments service. Business customers do get charged though.

Americans get a really bad deal when it comes to domestic banking.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 30, 2011, 08:52:55 PM

I'm guessing you are American. In the Eurozone you can send money for no fee, even from one country to another as long as both use countries use the Euro. All transfers are free on non-business accounts. In the UK it's much the same. Payments have no charge and go though in under an hour with the faster payments service. Business customers do get charged though.

How do you send it.  What is required.  Why can't people cash out of exchanges for free in less than an hour then? Couldn't this be used to speed up fiat transfers at exchange accounts?  Where are you sending money?  To a persons bank account?  Do they need to give your their bank account number?

I am honestly interested.  If it is bank accounts I am not sure I want to share my bank account w/ strangers in order to receive funds.
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2011, 06:30:23 AM

How do you send it.  What is required.  Why can't people cash out of exchanges for free in less than an hour then? Couldn't this be used to speed up fiat transfers at exchange accounts?  Where are you sending money?  To a persons bank account?  Do they need to give your their bank account number?

I am honestly interested.  If it is bank accounts I am not sure I want to share my bank account w/ strangers in order to receive funds.

Agreed, very interesting there's all this "no fee" transfer for the Eurozone.  Electronic transfers can occure for "free" in the US as well.  However, much like DeathAndTaxes purports, you need bank account info.  My buddies & I do this when we are transfering money for our fantasy football league.  We can send money from one bank account to another "for free." 

However, hopefully, we all understand how "free" works.  What's going on is those electronic transfer fees are subsidized by our "free" checking account that the banks provide.  That "free" transfer is really paid by the fact that my checking account makes zero or 0.25% interest (as opposed to 1% for example).

I would assume the same thing is going on for the Eurozone, but won't claim to be a Euro expert.  However, I'm sure that "no free lunch" applies in Europe much like it applies in the US.

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: