Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:35:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Deribit account blocked and can't withdraw.  (Read 40 times)
UnknownBTC (OP)

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2021, 07:46:46 PM

" Your account has been locked by Deribit administrators, please contact support@deribit.com if you wish to unlock the account. "

"

Dear Sir, Madam,

We have detected suspicious activities in your Deribit account. Consequently, we have locked your account.

We will investigate this case in detail and get back to you afterwards.

Kind regards,

xxx xx xxxxx

Head of Legal & Compliance  "

So it's been two weeks now since I first got this email, I woke up having my account blocked and not being able to place new orders or modify existing ones.(regardless of having a position open) after several email communications I'm starting to feel frustrated, so far they've asked me to KYC (again), for proof of funds (regardless of using deribit since 2018 and being the vast majority of the coins I've deposit in the last 2 years from the very same withdrawals I've made during that time period.). Still somehow after doing everything I've been asked in every single email a new email comes (every time less often) asking me to do something else, Is like is never ending, I've asked them to terminate my account and let me withdraw my funds twice already just to be ignored. I will keep updating this post, but the amount of stress they have made me go trough is unbelievably. I have a substantial amount of money for me on deribit and to be locked out of my money for this long considering how small deribit is, is absurd. I wish somebody would've game a heads up like I'm giving it to you now.

bottom line is deribit can freeze your account and suspend your ability to trade at any given time without being legally liable for it as stated in their ToS:

6.3.      Trading pause: We reserve the right to halt or limit the possibility to place Orders or make Trades on the Platform, without being liable for any damages resulting from halting or limiting trading.

as well as they can freeze your funds:

8.4.      Withdrawal freeze: We may suspend a withdrawal request and/or limit your right to withdraw Cryptocurrency for a period of time, for instance if we are required to investigate a request or suspect a violation of these Terms of Service, applicable law or other applicable terms, or to comply with the terms of any facially valid subpoena or other judicial order.

I guess almost every other exchange have a similar ToS, so you've been warned, not your keys not your coins.

My custom wallet: 1LearBTCNt5HnruJFdPHH1VAYDKtnTbDYR

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JeromeTash
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1210

Heisenberg

View Profile
April 09, 2021, 08:44:32 PM

Apart from just say "We have detected suspicious activities". Have they actually listed to you the suspicious actives that lead to the blocking of your account?

I personally believe you fully deserve to know why your account was blocked rather than them just speaking in parable. Sorry about the bad experience though. It must be so frustrating to have a sizable amount of funds getting locked up in some unpopular exchange

█████████████████████████
██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
█████████████████████████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██