Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:25:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] The ROBIN™ Currency - a currency based on prime numbers  (Read 58 times)
der_mann (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2021, 01:54:14 PM

I haven't posted this project here before, because when I created it in 2008, this forum did not yet exist. I invented my currency at around the same time that Satoshi created Bitcoin. And while it was always math-based in the sense that The ROBIN™ Currency is based on prime numbers, it is not a crypro-currency, even though they do share some commonalities (like each coin - or note - being unique).
One could also argue that it is crypto, just with the easiest algo for verification, but none existing for calculation.

Now with the advent of the new type of NFTs, I am finally also able to secure my paper-based-currency units on the blockchain, by creating unique ERC-721-tokens for each denomination. The first (and so far only one) is the 257 ROBIN note, but I would like to create NFTs for each denomination.
So somehow it is now becoming a crypto-currency and I thought it might be appropriate to share here: 

The ROBIN™ Currency

• The ROBIN™ Currency is based on prime numbers
  • Each note represents one prime number and exists only once
  • There can be printed an infinite number
  • But the amount on the notes always increases (which makes the lowest numbers the rarest and therefore the most valuable)

The ROBIN™ Currency was first presented to the public on 2 June 2008 in the art sphere. But it was always meant to also function as a real currency. When I first launched it, I didn't use the word "White Paper", as it is commonly used now.
But I did accompany the presentation with the following text (labelled "Artist Statement" back then):

"Money has only so much value as we give to it. We trust that the coin or note is universally seen as the representation of the value printed on it. This is the case with any currency: We believe the national banks that they stand for the value of the money, to that extent, in which we execute transactions in that currency.

On the British Pound the Queen writes: 'I promise the bearer on demand the sum of (value of the note)'. She promises us in exchange for the note, on demand, the sum that is stated on the note. As the value of money is no longer bound to that of gold, the note represents the representation of a value and is therefore a promise of a promise, in which we all believe."

It goes on with my bio and ends with:

"The ROBIN™ Currency is based on prime numbers, whereby each note represents one prime number and exists only once. There can be printed an infinite number, but the amount on the notes always increases, which makes the lowest numbers the rarest and therefore the most valuable."

So I guess one can understand how I personally see The ROBIN™ Currency as a distant relative of bitcoin and other crypto. (Not it's descendant or ancestor, but maybe brother from another mother?) That's why I figured you might be interested in this project and I thought of sharing it here.

If you want to read more about it you can can check out the following:

If you have any questions about this project, feel free to ask - I'm happy to answer!

Robin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: