Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 01:49:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum Difficulty  (Read 509 times)
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1052

View Profile
April 16, 2021, 08:33:49 AM

Mining is turning into a business for large companies. The heshrate is growing very much, so miners with a small number of video cards will soon not be profitable to mine.
Even now, so that the profit does not decrease, you need to buy new video cards every 2 weeks.
And also, many manufacturers produce special video cards for mining, so the Ethereum hash rate will grow rapidly.

in the not so distant past, small miners got rekt...now in the not so distant future large companies which are "into mining" will get rekt LOL  Grin
Home miners suffered losses in 2015 and 2018, when the profit from mining was very small. This situation may repeat itself and then large companies will also suffer losses. I read the news of large investors in mining, but they do not invest most of their funds and they do not plan to sell cryptocurrency at current prices.
Companies can afford a small loss for several years, and a home miner does not always have this opportunity.

it is the same, only the numbers are bigger with the "large investors".

the only exception is if they are like tesla or microstrategy that decided to mine instead of buying, more like a HODL strategy.
I think that you will agree that large investment companies have more opportunities, they have a lot of information and professionally assess their risks.
There are rumors about new miners for Ethereum from Bitmain, if this is true, then the payback period of video cards will greatly increase.
arielbit
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1059

View Profile
April 16, 2021, 10:00:12 AM

Mining is turning into a business for large companies. The heshrate is growing very much, so miners with a small number of video cards will soon not be profitable to mine.
Even now, so that the profit does not decrease, you need to buy new video cards every 2 weeks.
And also, many manufacturers produce special video cards for mining, so the Ethereum hash rate will grow rapidly.

in the not so distant past, small miners got rekt...now in the not so distant future large companies which are "into mining" will get rekt LOL  Grin
Home miners suffered losses in 2015 and 2018, when the profit from mining was very small. This situation may repeat itself and then large companies will also suffer losses. I read the news of large investors in mining, but they do not invest most of their funds and they do not plan to sell cryptocurrency at current prices.
Companies can afford a small loss for several years, and a home miner does not always have this opportunity.

it is the same, only the numbers are bigger with the "large investors".

the only exception is if they are like tesla or microstrategy that decided to mine instead of buying, more like a HODL strategy.
I think that you will agree that large investment companies have more opportunities, they have a lot of information and professionally assess their risks.
There are rumors about new miners for Ethereum from Bitmain, if this is true, then the payback period of video cards will greatly increase.

Yeah, anyone can asses risk. Look at phil, he got the risk well managed and will still be mining after a lot of miners here quit hehe

Gpus by the way are going for 200mhs, so the profit of 3090 now can be x2.

The eth hash algo does not put asic advantage to gpu by x10 so far..we will see.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: