Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:16:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: switching to fiat money vs shorting Btc as a consistent hedging strategy  (Read 247 times)
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 05, 2021, 03:40:38 PM

Switching to fiat is for me. I do not like fiat at all but that shorting btc thing is not just a method where you could hedge against a drop, but it is also a method where you could lose money. When you switch to fiat, and price of bitcoin goes up, you only lost a chance to profit, whereas when you short against bitcoin you are not only losing a potential to profit, but you are also losing a lot of money as well. This is why I personally do not short bitcoin and it is really against the whole idea of bitcoin for me.

I am not saying bitcoin will never fall, it does have corrections time to time and we lived that, however I just believe that bitcoin is against inflation and fiat is not which means fiat will keep losing value whereas bitcoin will keep gaining value in the long term. So, shorting bitcoin is not something I would consider, it just doesn't make sense.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: