Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:09:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling ETH on Trezor-good idea or should I switch to Coinbase?  (Read 34 times)
Chris Redfield (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 4

View Profile
June 28, 2021, 06:33:04 PM

Hello everybody,

I would like to ask you for your help.
I'm small time miner and I have Trezor (despite being small miner I know but safety first) which got new option to sell coins.
However it's third party selling and I have to sell my ETH to company called BTC Direct,founded in Netherlands and it has 2.8/5 on Google Reviews as well as 4,3/5 on Trustpilot.
I'm not sure how good they are when it comes to selling via Trezor,because all reviews were about buying coins on their site and complains about slow costumer service.

As far as fees on Trezor, they look weird,yesterday I ''tried'' to sell ETH in value of 30€ and fee was 0.43€,but when I ''tried'' to sell 350€ I got same fee of 0.43€.
I thought it was some bug or something like that,but then again,I tried same thing today and fees were 0.98€ no matter how much of ETH I want to sell.
It seems like they have fixed fees as far as quantity of coins you sell,but they change from day to day.

I'm not too confident in that company BTC Direct because of mediocre reviews,however I don't plan to sell my ETH until it reaches around 10k I forgot to add ''IF''.
I send them email and got response in less than 1h today,and I asked them how long does it need for them to ''sell'' my coins after I start request for it,because I'm afraid if ETH get fast spike for 30mins and get it's ATH and I try to sell it ASAP that I'd be late for that spike and I'd get payed once they processed my request and I got this response:

''Thank you for contacting us.

We need to receive the coins within the hour when you create a sell order on our platform. We will sell the coins right away when we've received them. The moment the coins are confirmed on the blockchain is the most important moment as this is the moment the price from the course will be set. So if you create an order make sure that you give enough fee with that transaction so the coins will arrive soon into the requested address and the price from the course will most likely be the same as the price given in the order.

I hope to have informed you sufficiently. Should you have any further questions, feel free to ask them!

Kind regards,
Stijn
BTC Direct ''

Some guys I know say I should ditch Trezor and switch to Binance and mine and keep my coins there and one day sell them too,but I love Trezor because I wanted to be as secure as I can get although I'm small time miner,but I'm not sure if selling on Trezor  reliable by what I described,so I would like to hear your opinion about it.

Every comment is welcome!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: