Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:41:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hardware/Software Help Needed!  (Read 83 times)
SilverWWW (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2021, 01:32:17 AM

Hey yo,

Currently in the process of setting up a new rig and am having some trouble with GPU detection after POST. For context, I'm using an ASUS B250 and it shows me a screen of which cards are working and which aren't right before launching BIOS. Anyways, on my very first POST, I had one card in and it detected fine - showed up green and everything. Then, for some reason, each time I relaunch BIOS, the slot the card is plugged into always comes up with an error. I went a tweaked around with the BIOS setting (detailed description below), but no luck. Was wondering if anyone had any ideas. Thanks!

BIOS setting changes:

- Changed primary display to CPU graphics from PCI-E

- Changed both PCIe and PCIEX16_1 speeds from Gen1 to Auto

- Disabled SATA ports 2-4 (not in use)

- Enabled Power on by PCI-E

- Disabled HD Audio Controller

No big changes really, as you can see. Also, I've tried detecting the card on both Gen1 and 2, but no luck. Ideas?
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
anu1908

Activity: 770
Merit: 268

View Profile
July 21, 2021, 05:48:31 AM

have you checked whether your card is ok? what about the power, is it sufficient to power up all of your cards? as one last resort, maybe try to clean the slot itself just in case there's some dust there.
JayDDee

Activity: 1386
Merit: 220

View Profile
July 21, 2021, 06:48:26 AM

the slot the card is plugged into always comes up with an error.

Did you try different slots? different cards? If the error follows the card it's a card problem, if it stays with the slot
it's a slot problem.

batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
July 21, 2021, 08:03:51 AM

It is riser. Change riser.
If problem continues check card alone on working pc at pcie 16x slot
Good luck
SilverWWW (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2021, 05:56:28 PM

have you checked whether your card is ok? what about the power, is it sufficient to power up all of your cards? as one last resort, maybe try to clean the slot itself just in case there's some dust there.
Yeah all these cards should be brand new unused, also I'm only using one card at the moment so the power shouldn't be an issue (1000W+ psu). If it's any extra help, when I plug in all 11 cards, they all come up red, despite everything being new. That why I think its a general problem rather than one specific to a card or riser.
batsonxl

Activity: 1196
Merit: 26

View Profile
July 21, 2021, 06:59:44 PM

Yeah all these cards should be brand new unused, also I'm only using one card at the moment so the power shouldn't be an issue (1000W+ psu). If it's any extra help, when I plug in all 11 cards, they all come up red, despite everything being new. That why I think its a general problem rather than one specific to a card or riser.
1000W for 11 cards is not enough. what cards do you have?
Simple way is adding 1 card at the time will help in most cases.
Bring bios to default then try again adding 1 by 1.
i have 2 asus b250 running them with 1200w + 1400w server psu. no problem at all. Once i had red slot then i changed riser problem resolved.
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1033

View Profile
July 21, 2021, 09:41:57 PM

Hey yo,

Currently in the process of setting up a new rig and am having some trouble with GPU detection after POST. For context, I'm using an ASUS B250 and it shows me a screen of which cards are working and which aren't right before launching BIOS. Anyways, on my very first POST, I had one card in and it detected fine - showed up green and everything. Then, for some reason, each time I relaunch BIOS, the slot the card is plugged into always comes up with an error. I went a tweaked around with the BIOS setting (detailed description below), but no luck. Was wondering if anyone had any ideas. Thanks!

BIOS setting changes:

- Changed primary display to CPU graphics from PCI-E

- Changed both PCIe and PCIEX16_1 speeds from Gen1 to Auto

- Disabled SATA ports 2-4 (not in use)

- Enabled Power on by PCI-E

- Disabled HD Audio Controller

No big changes really, as you can see. Also, I've tried detecting the card on both Gen1 and 2, but no luck. Ideas?
The best idea is to read the documentation for the motherboard.
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/LGA1151/B250_MINING_EXPERT/E13594_B250_MINING_EXPERT_UM_V2_WEB.pdf
Read the mining mode info and check for BIOS updates for this motherboard
4G ??
Look on YouTube for a video on setting up this motherboard.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██