Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 02:09:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Can I mine cryptocurrency with the free Google Colab GPU?  (Read 122 times)
Ambirus (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2022, 01:12:41 PM

Hello to all experts and miners. More recently, I came across the "bitcoin-mining-python-Google-Colab" repository on GitHub. Hypothetically, can we mine cryptocurrency with the Free Google Colab GPU? Most cloud mining schemes give good results in the production of cryptocurrencies. In the developer forums, many praise Tensorflow, I could use your advice.

GitHub: https://github.com/demining/bitcoin-mining-python-Google-Colab
Google Colab: https://colab.research.google.com/drive/1-0k8ivA9Lk7Ymh0cFVdtB2uX8hh-htey?usp=sharing
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 2549

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
February 14, 2022, 04:43:05 PM

Before posting a useless question like that, try reading the pinned messages at the top of this area
Specifically, point-3 of that link:
3. Mining BITCOIN is done exclusively with dedicated BITCOIN mining hardware based on ASICs - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Application-specific_integrated_circuit . You CAN NOT meaningfully mine bitcoin today with CPU, GPU or even FPGAs. Bitcoin difficulty adapts to match the amount of mining done on the network and has reached levels trillions of times too high to mine meaningfully with PCs, laptops, tablets, phones, webpages, javascript, GPUs, and even generalised SHA hardware. You will not find software in this section to help you mine bitcoin in this absurdly inefficient manner in this subforum. It would cost you thousands of dollars in electricity per year to earn only a few cents in bitcoin. Even if you combined all the computers in the world, including all known supercomputer, you would not even approach 0.1% of the bitcoin hashrate today. Any discussion outside of ASIC related mining, except in the interests of academia, will be moved to the altcoin mining section. There isn't any point attempting to mine bitcoin with CPU or GPU even in the interests of learning as it shares almost nothing with how bitcoin is mined with ASICs and will not teach you anything.

TL/DR Summary:
 - You CANNOT meaningfully mine bitcoin with your PC or laptop no matter how powerful it is.
 - You CANNOT meaningfully mine bitcoin with your tablet or phone no matter how powerful it is.
 - Mining apps for your phone or tablet that claim to mine bitcoin are almost certainly scams.
 - You CANNOT find software here to mine bitcoin with your PC by itself.

As for
Most cloud mining schemes give good results in the production of cryptocurrencies.
Bullshit. All but a very few are Ponzie scams and all of them have terms of service that work against miners.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1807

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
February 14, 2022, 10:48:57 PM

Hello to all experts and miners. More recently, I came across the "bitcoin-mining-python-Google-Colab" repository on GitHub. Hypothetically, can we mine cryptocurrency with the Free Google Colab GPU?
You can use a GPU to mine some altcoins like Ethereum, Ravecoin etc. but certainly not Bitcoin as suggested. Now, whether is specific type of GPU mines altcoins or not is another question to find answers to.

Most cloud mining schemes give good results in the production of cryptocurrencies. In the developer forums, many praise Tensorflow, I could use your advice.
Most cloud mining schemes are scams. Like 99% of them are scams. So do not be fooled.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
February 15, 2022, 02:56:42 AM

Never heard of free Cohab GPU mining. However if cohab means what I think it means then most likely it’s shared. If you go there and use 100% of the GPU power you will most likely get banned. This is most likely geared towards legitamite reasons like rendering or research and not mining.

Many shared cloud computers don’t let you mine. Because most of these are shared and if you are using 100% of the CPU you will slow down other people and they will complain and management will ban you.
JayDDee

Activity: 1397
Merit: 221

View Profile
February 15, 2022, 03:52:49 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2022, 04:54:09 AM by JayDDee

Google is certainly not naive about crypto mining so you can be sure they have some defenses.
Aside from that I'm not aware of any* Python based GPU miners.

* Correction: the link to a Python BTC miner was posted. Coincidentally this makes the thread appropriate for
the BTC sub-forum. But they will just say it's impossible to mine BTC with a GPU. A Python, BTC, GPU miner is
a loser on all 3 levels.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: