Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:56:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: which coin could i mine using my old phone  (Read 131 times)
bigmineshareholer (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 29, 2022, 01:07:39 PM

hi,

I have some old phones(ex. galaxy note 4 etc).

i heard some coines can be mining by linux OS in phone.

could you recommand some coins for old phones.

and if you can, please let me know how to use.

thanks a lot.
CryptoATM

Activity: 368
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 30, 2022, 09:06:50 AM

Maybe phoneum and pi network? These are the most disgusting crypto projects I've ever seen oh by the way with PoW algorithm that only works on mobile phone where as should be called cloud mining on phone or even daily coin distribution, avoid them at all costs
miner29

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

View Profile
January 30, 2022, 01:29:37 PM

hi,

I have some old phones(ex. galaxy note 4 etc).

i heard some coines can be mining by linux OS in phone.

could you recommand some coins for old phones.

and if you can, please let me know how to use.

thanks a lot.

Nothing actually or effectively on a phone. 
BitKongy

Activity: 405
Merit: 19

View Profile
January 30, 2022, 02:29:23 PM

Maybe if we ever see a good coin like electroneum again, presently there is no coin worth mining through mobile phone for now, safe yourself the time and energy and look into better coins to mine with the right equipments
WarriorV

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 14, 2022, 09:04:19 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2022, 02:00:07 AM by WarriorV

You may want to take a look at:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5338550 or http://xmrig.mx99.ml/
devil2man

Activity: 759
Merit: 15

View Profile
February 14, 2022, 11:54:38 AM

Electroneum and pi network simulate only mining and then require kyc to be able to withdraw those few cents you gain the only real mining is done with uplexa but obviously there is no gain for information purposes only and you risk melting mobile phones in a short time
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
February 15, 2022, 03:01:02 AM

Yes the above posters are right. There is no legitamite type of phone mining out there. The ones in the past were just a simulation of mining but not actually mining.

Why? Well because anyone can use a phone emulator on an i7 CPU or some GPU and they can mine 100x as fast than a regular phone. That and the constant usage causing heat is not good, it will heat up the battery and might start a fire.
JayDDee

Activity: 1397
Merit: 221

View Profile
February 15, 2022, 03:42:28 AM

There is one legitimate miner that can mine on phones, it's a fork of a well known CPU miner with ARM support.
There is a thread for it in this forum.

However I recommend against mining on any mobile device. Mining consumes a lot of power and produces a lot of heat.
Mobile devices have batteries and poor heat dissipation. Do I need to link to videos of overheated lithium batteries
exploding? Removing the batteries prevents explosions but doesn't prevent overheating.

Anything claiming to be low power mining on mobile phones is some kind of scam.

Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1807

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
February 15, 2022, 11:59:26 PM

Maybe phoneum and pi network? These are the most disgusting crypto projects I've ever seen oh by the way with PoW algorithm that only works on mobile phone where as should be called cloud mining on phone or even daily coin distribution, avoid them at all costs
All those seem like scams or pseudo-mining projects to me. What noobs forget about such "mining" projects is that they invest in a lot of resources like time, power cost and internet data cost.

If I were OP, I would just sell off the old phone and use the money to either buy BTC or a few good altcoins during the dip and HODL. Mining the pi networks is a waste of resources.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██