Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:05:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: AUCTION- NEW Artist !  (Read 829 times)
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3050

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2021, 11:31:23 PM

Who is the "WE" you are talking about...Huh?

Why do "YOU" care ...  Huh

"We" would include yogg, Royse777, myself, and whoever else in interested.  Unless the OP has already PMed one to agree to something and will later use this like a Jupiter flyby to increase their exit scam.  :/

Here is a message signed with my primary BTC address regarding the escrow for this auction :

Has he contacted you to agree?

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mbitr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1321

Bitcoin needs you!

View Profile
February 06, 2021, 11:33:57 PM

Hi Yogg, many thanks for this  Smiley yep, absolutely perfect for you to escrow - really appreciate it , Thankyou again. I’d also like to thank all the support from the people posted on this thread .
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2021, 11:42:43 PM

Despite the immaturity, there is no reason to keep the negative trust.  I don't even see the reason anymore for yogg, since my primary goal was to protect donated funds (Royse said nothing).  As long as the buyer is willing to risk his half the funds, what business is it of mine?  I'll reserve the right to reissue this trust if he later tries a similar larger transaction based on the trust he gained during this one.

Thanks yogg!  You need a shorter username.  

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
yogg
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 3158

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2021, 12:09:48 AM

Hi Yogg, many thanks for this  Smiley yep, absolutely perfect for you to escrow - really appreciate it , Thankyou again. I’d also like to thank all the support from the people posted on this thread .

Wonderful ! Smiley

I will approach the winner(s) and point them to my post above.
If they want to benefit from my escrow service, my offer stands still.

Despite the immaturity, there is no reason to keep the negative trust. I don't even see the reason anymore for yogg, since my primary goal was to protect donated funds (Royse said nothing).  As long as the buyer is willing to risk his half the funds, what business is it of mine?  I'll reserve the right to reissue this trust if he later tries a similar larger transaction based on the trust he gained during this one.

Thanks yogg!  You need a shorter username.  

Thank you for reconsidering the feedback at that point. Smiley
I can also escrow the full amount and send a single tx with both addresses (Covid fund & OP's daughter) when the buyer is satisfied.

About the username...
There is only 17576 of these, and within that set, just a tiny part makes any sense ... Wink
Anyway, happy to help.
Est2013

Activity: 399
Merit: 122

View Profile
February 07, 2021, 12:40:00 AM

Wow. Even good deeds here are subject to scam accusations. I must be very ignorant to the intentions of the majority. Glad to see you taking this all in stride Mbitr.

I will not be bidding on these specific artworks, simply because I'm already commissioning some!!!   Smiley

Excited to see what Pacific has in store! Good luck with this auction.

PGP FINGERPRINT: D30B DBBF 5110 0DEB 73C9  4BCF 4590 5E19 1997 3FB5
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2021, 02:53:39 AM

Wow. Even good deeds here are subject to scam accusations. I must be very ignorant to the intentions of the majority. Glad to see you taking this all in stride Mbitr.

As far as I know, the bidder was never accused of a scam.  What good deed is the OP doing by collecting half of a covid-19 auction, and trying to collect all?   These are extraordinary times.  Everyone is running out of savings and bitcoin is through the roof.   Failure to immediately agree to escrow should be considered a stronger force than past history.  Add in the covid-19 sob story.   Add in the precious daughter artwork (which has no worth other than a donation, so worthless was the wrong word - I apologize) and the probability of this being a scam passed the probability of it not.

Est2013

Activity: 399
Merit: 122

View Profile
February 07, 2021, 03:08:17 AM

As far as I know, the bidder was never accused of a scam.  What good deed is the OP doing by collecting half of a covid-19 auction, and trying to collect all?   These are extraordinary times.  Everyone is running out of savings and bitcoin is through the roof.   Failure to immediately agree to escrow should be considered a stronger force than past history.  Add in the covid-19 sob story.   Add in the precious daughter artwork (which has no worth other than a donation, so worthless was the wrong word - I apologize) and the probability of this being a scam passed the probability of it not.

You literally said "I have confirmed this is a scam" in a previous post. Regardless if you modified it, the accusations were there. EDIT: I see you said "bidder"

The good deed is that they decided to donate half of the proceeds to a good cause.

I believe his daughter's artwork does have value outside of a donation (why I am buying some privately), because I value a youths interpretation and style. My walls are plastered with my children's paintings. Not only for their self esteem or my pride. Simply because I 100% genuinely enjoy the chaotic and non-uniform style of most children's artwork. So value here is completely subjective.

I will end any back and forth here though as we have severely highjacked this thread. If you'd like to discuss further please feel free to DM me.

PGP FINGERPRINT: D30B DBBF 5110 0DEB 73C9  4BCF 4590 5E19 1997 3FB5
tweetious

Activity: 1941
Merit: 375

Cryptoshi Blockomoto

View Profile
February 07, 2021, 03:14:40 AM
Last edit: February 07, 2021, 03:26:02 AM by tweetious
Merited by Est2013 (1)

"Just because Beethoven doesn't sound like currently popular art doesn't mean his music is worthless."

— John Varley

Edit:

LOT 2 (MR. BTC): 0.001BTC

Great artwork Pacific, congratz !!!
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2021, 05:50:49 AM

You literally said "I have confirmed this is a scam" in a previous post.

That makes no sense.

The good deed is that they decided to donate half of the proceeds to a good cause.

I'm glad you find value in his artwork, but remember he jumped on the covid-donation train, not the other way around.    Wink

Mbitr (OP)
Legendary

Bitcoin needs you!

View Profile
February 07, 2021, 09:54:03 AM
Last edit: February 07, 2021, 02:42:20 PM by Mbitr

Good morning all  Smiley
Thank you to all in the collectibles section for your support and Thankyou to yogg for offering to escrow the winning bids - genuine appreciation  Smiley
Unfortunately, I will have to justify my actions and reasoning behind the whole thread.
There is obviously some naivety with this auction mainly due to the unexpectedly high bid on one of the pieces.
My thought process for starting this auction was-
My daughter enjoys painting and creating  all sorts of arts and crafts and I’m a BTC fan  Smiley I suggested that she could make some art works based on BTC, she ignored me and continued to do what she enjoyed - as is the want of most children! She surprised me by then presenting me with these two pieces. I then thought that I could introduce her to BTC and show her what it’s all about . I then showed her how a wallet works, how the blockchain works and how easy it is to make transactions etc. I then suggested that she could try to sell some artworks on the forum - why not ? She wasn’t overly keen as she believed that they weren’t worth anything. Our family - no different to many many families- always do a bit for charity. So I suggested giving half to the charity on this forum - this suited her perfectly  Smiley
I was expecting/ hoping that we could get £5-10 per Lot and so she would have half that to put in her newly created wallet and half to the COVID-19 charity and Dad would pay postage and packaging.
Sadly , I’ve had to justify my actions and I truly appreciate those who’ve supported myself and my family . The collectibles is a lovely place to be - sorry rambling on
AND Thankyou for the bids Kialara and tweetious.
Have a lovely Sunday all

EDIT -I’ve been in touch with yogg and any buyers can use yoggs escrow address to pay
bc1q4k3l6rvprecqku8402ca3hfmzg6ydcx6e88a0z
Yogg will split this - 50% straight to the Covid-19 fund and 50% to my daughters wallet address after all packages have been received and buyers are happy with the artwork . Hopefully this is as transparent as possible . Thanks again yogg
Evilish

Activity: 882
Merit: 563

Bitcoin to the moon!

View Profile
February 07, 2021, 02:39:39 PM

I am glad it's all sorted out.

Personally I believe Mbitr's side of story 100%. They have enough reputation on this forum and I believe their intention was never ill to begin with.

You don't have to justify yourself Mbitr. Vod might have come a little strong but he's just keeping a watch. Could have gone a little less heavy on accusations though.

Good luck, Mbitr. Your daughter sure has talent. I would love to see more of her art in future.
Mbitr (OP)
Legendary

Bitcoin needs you!

View Profile
February 07, 2021, 07:05:46 PM

Well that’s it - Thankyou very much for the bids - really appreciate it  Smiley
Winner - Lot 1 - kialara 0.003BTC
Winner - Lot 2- tweetious 0.001BTC
I’ll PM you both now and I’ll pack and post first thing tomorrow morning
Payment addy is yoggs escrow

Thanks for this again yogg
yogg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2021, 10:12:02 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2021, 02:16:26 AM by yogg
Merited by Mbitr (1)

Well that’s it - Thankyou very much for the bids - really appreciate it  Smiley
Winner - Lot 1 - kialara 0.003BTC
Winner - Lot 2- tweetious 0.001BTC
I’ll PM you both now and I’ll pack and post first thing tomorrow morning
Payment addy is yoggs escrow

Thanks for this again yogg

I confirm both payments have been secured in my escrow address.
Kialara added some bits on top to cover any transaction fee.

I don't have access to my escrow wallet right now but will send 0.0025BTC to the Covid 19 fund address in a couple hours.
The remainder (0.002+BTC) will be sent to the OP's daughter address. Smiley

I'll edit this post with the txid when it's been broadcast.
Thanks everyone ! Smiley

EDIT :

Just sent 0.0025BTC to 3Covid19s5zLNzQHGGLBeqkizwApUb19bj
b4a34eb0aa55ef964839d24782b77088e83d803a32cb9c83d93775ac5235579f

This represents half of the sum of the bids (0.004BTC) + 5/6th of the extra donation by Kialara.
The remainder will be sent to Mbitr's daugther BTC address when buyers are satisfied.
tweetious

Activity: 1941
Merit: 375

Cryptoshi Blockomoto

View Profile
April 20, 2021, 06:54:48 PM
Merited by Mbitr (2)

MR. BTC artwork arrived today & looks great! (was in transit for 2+ months  Shocked ... but it's finally here). Looks a lot better in person than in the photos

@Yogg please release the escrow funds. I am more than satisfied :-)

yogg
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2021, 06:58:11 PM
Merited by Mbitr (2)

MR. BTC artwork arrived today & looks great! (was in transit for 2+ months  Shocked ... but it's finally here). Looks a lot better in person than in the photos

@Yogg please release the escrow funds. I am more than satisfied :-)

Wonderful ! Smiley
Kialara did confirm the receipt of the artwork as well.

I'll reach out to Mbitr and release the funds now.
Mbitr (OP)
Legendary

Bitcoin needs you!

View Profile
April 20, 2021, 07:17:33 PM

Thanks a lot again to yogg - you are a genuine legend  Smiley
Thanks to Kialara and tweetious, honestly you’ve made my daughter very happy young lady  Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: