Bitcoin Forum
August 02, 2021, 03:28:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 0.21.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CHIA XCH mining: Why mining without value?  (Read 2661 times)
Skinny48

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 12:37:54 PM

Yes I think the same. But I want try for fun.
I was thinking to use 1 nvme 2tb + 1 12TB with my work PC. I would know how much it consume and how many XCH can I mine in 1 month, then I'll decide.
Some questions if you can answer:

- My Power depend how many plot can I keep in HDD storage right?
- Is correct with 1SSD 2TB + 12TB HDD make about 90 Plot? 5-6 plot (300GB x 6 on 2TB SSD) that produce 100Plot in 12TB HDD?
- Once I'll produce 100 plot what happen? I image they have to stay there on HDD and the network use them for generate XCH? Is it correct?
- I read about swap of disks? What does it mean?

Thanks
1 nvme 2tb will allow you to create 6 Plots at the same time. This requires a multi-core processor and at least 32GB of RAM. It will take you 10-12 hours to form 6 Plots. If you make 12 Plots in 1 day, it will take you 9-10 days to partition the entire hard disk.
It looks more like mockery than mining
I spent hours yesterday trying to figure out what chia mining have to offer but to me I don't think it's worth it, this isn't mining but a rip off, I'd rather buy GPUS to mine or oh yes that new Wifi miner that Voskcoin is talking about is way better, china people are crazy to invest in such mining equipments

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
Gorosden

Activity: 336
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 02:53:59 PM

It's way better to buy this coin when its listed on exchanges than to buy hdd and pc and start mining, to make good amount of plotting you will need 100 terabytes and that will cost you alot, no matter how good the coin is it will drop in value when trading starts on exchanges

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█ ▀█ ▀█ ▀▀▀█████ █     D e H e r o     █ █████▀▀▀ █▀ █▀ █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Decentralized GameFi Application Based on BSC
[    TWITTER    ] [   TELEGRAM   ] [    DISCORD    ] [    YOUTUBE    ]
Bravehash

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 06:48:05 PM

I've decide to buy a laptop rig instead of desktop because of energy saving, I don't want much power consumption while plotting when I'm also mining with graphic cards, this project is interesting lately Im so into it

Stanlo

Activity: 854
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 07:03:00 PM

There is ongoing hype surrounding this chia project, they make it sound like it's the next BTC in coming years, green energy is very good to be honest but there will be high demand on HDD, SDD and other ram components soon, this isn't helping at all because it will make every thing PC parts to be costly and scarce

jiang2897

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2021, 07:29:15 AM

hi Chia China Forum technology exchange https://www.chiaxch.net/
Branko

Activity: 1512
Merit: 278

View Profile
April 23, 2021, 08:46:45 AM

If the coin failed then the miners are in big losses because they buy expensive ssd to mine the coin, I'd rather jump into any new coins to mine if they already listed on exchange, there is no guarantee that it's ever going to happen, too risky

OK but I don't understand why should I mine it if there is not a value for now. There is the possibility that I mine for long time to obtain some XCH and once the will list it on exchange it will cost few cent. Probably I missed a part of logical reasoning about Chia operation and I would like to know, I think is illogical creating this without give some reward. All of these miner spend money and time only hoping XCH grow in few years? It's not logical.
Who want mine a coin if there is not a value? Maybe some company or venture enter with some funds or they will enter in exchange with high value, but I really don't understand it.

What if you mine few hundred and it will cost few thousand $$$ per coin after project is successful?

I spent hours yesterday trying to figure out what chia mining have to offer but to me I don't think it's worth it, this isn't mining but a rip off, I'd rather buy GPUS to mine or oh yes that new Wifi miner that Voskcoin is talking about is way better, china people are crazy to invest in such mining equipments

You can easily buy 100TB+ for the price of a single 3090
FP91G

Activity: 630
Merit: 570

View Profile
April 23, 2021, 02:32:14 PM

Yes I think the same. But I want try for fun.
I was thinking to use 1 nvme 2tb + 1 12TB with my work PC. I would know how much it consume and how many XCH can I mine in 1 month, then I'll decide.
Some questions if you can answer:

- My Power depend how many plot can I keep in HDD storage right?
- Is correct with 1SSD 2TB + 12TB HDD make about 90 Plot? 5-6 plot (300GB x 6 on 2TB SSD) that produce 100Plot in 12TB HDD?
- Once I'll produce 100 plot what happen? I image they have to stay there on HDD and the network use them for generate XCH? Is it correct?
- I read about swap of disks? What does it mean?

Thanks
1 nvme 2tb will allow you to create 6 Plots at the same time. This requires a multi-core processor and at least 32GB of RAM. It will take you 10-12 hours to form 6 Plots. If you make 12 Plots in 1 day, it will take you 9-10 days to partition the entire hard disk.
It looks more like mockery than mining
The nvme SSD is used only for forming Plots. Plots can be placed on regular hard drives.
If you have free hard drives, you can buy an nvme SSD to quickly generate Plots and try to mine chia coin.
And to buy new equipment for mining a coin, the price of which is unknown, is dubious mining.

░██████████████████░
████████████████████
█████████▀░░░███████
█████████░░▄████████
███████▀▀░░▀▀███████
███████▄▄░░▄▄███████
█████████░░█████████

█████████░░█████████

█████████▄▄█████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
░██████████████████░
████████████████████
████████████▀▀▀█▀███
███░▀█████▀░░░░░▀███
███▌░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░████
████▄░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░█████

██████▄░░░░░▄▄██████

█████▄▄▄▄███████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
░██████████████████░
████████████████████
████████████████████
███████████▀▀░░▐████
███████▀▀░░░░░█████
████▀░░░▄█▀░░░▐█████
█████▄▄█▀░░░░░██████

███████▌▄▄▄▐██████

████████████████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
Vann

Activity: 910
Merit: 601

View Profile
April 23, 2021, 03:44:02 PM

The main factors in your ability to produce plots are how many plots you produce in parallel and how fast the plotting temp drives are. Once the plots are made, the farmer can be on any type of media, it makes no difference. NVMe are popular temp drive options because they are the fastest drives available and can easily support multiple writes in parallel. Since you are reusing the plotting drives, they need to be fairly durable and support lots of writes. The problem with most consumer NVMe drives is they typically have a relatively low TBW of <1000 TBW, which means plotting would wear them out relatively quickly if you are writing multiple plots to the drive in parallel. A popular option for a consumer NVMe SSD is the Inland Premium 2TB with a 3200 TBW which is a very good option and price compared to other consumer NVMe drives.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X74M6PT

Enterprise NVMe drives typically have a much higher durability rating which is why they are a better option if you plan on plotting long term. A popular option is the Intel P4610 which has an endurance rating of 2.25 PBW. You also need to buy an adapter since most consumer motherboards don't have a U.2 connection.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F2NTNBQ

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VB6L8SJ

The other factor in plotting is how many cores your CPU has since to plot effectively requires 2 threads per plot. The more cores the more threads you can run in parallel. You also need at least 3.3GB of RAM for each 108GB plot you run in parallel.

Realistically the network is growing so quickly that in order to start now and gain ground to solo mine, you are currently going to need at least an 8-core CPU and 64GB of RAM as well as a pair of NVMe plotting drives. Once pooling becomes an option that will help distribute the rewards to farmers with smaller systems.
ZeeeN

Activity: 234
Merit: 3

View Profile
April 23, 2021, 09:01:17 PM

i try to mine chia yesterday plotting is use very long time in my pc.

not sure im set something wrong take around 6hour for1 plot for amd R5-3500 16Gb of ram with nvme crucail P1 1TB

about price  i think it good to gamble in this coin if mine 1-3months  and not have anything i can stop and sell ssd and hdd with loss little compare to buy more vga in this time

we don't know BTC price rise back to 60k or going to 40k in next week

Vann

Activity: 910
Merit: 601

View Profile
April 23, 2021, 11:55:42 PM

not sure im set something wrong take around 6hour for1 plot for amd R5-3500 16Gb of ram with nvme crucail P1 1TB

about price  i think it good to gamble in this coin if mine 1-3months  and not have anything i can stop and sell ssd and hdd with loss little compare to buy more vga in this time

To maximize your plotting speed you need to use the Linux plotter and format the temp drive partitions with the XFS file system. XFS was developed and optimized for parallel I/O

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XFS

The Windows plotter is 5-10% slower and other file systems are not optimized for parallel I/O performance.
Ceyflix-Rez

Activity: 280
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 24, 2021, 04:53:04 AM

To maximize your plotting speed you need to use the Linux plotter and format the temp drive partitions with the XFS file system. XFS was developed and optimized for parallel I/O

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XFS

The Windows plotter is 5-10% slower and other file systems are not optimized for parallel I/O performance.
Not everyone can use Linux OS, that thing still sucks for me to operate till date, I wanted to pay for a cisco server with 128gig ram and 6TB harddisk, it has XEON E5 2600 v4 CPU on board, I'm positive that this server will be so good for plotting and mining chia but I turned away when I heard it's not windows OS running on that thing

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█ ▀█ ▀█ ▀▀▀█████ █     D e H e r o     █ █████▀▀▀ █▀ █▀ █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Decentralized GameFi Application Based on BSC
[    TWITTER    ] [   TELEGRAM   ] [    DISCORD    ] [    YOUTUBE    ]
BitKongy

Activity: 72
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 24, 2021, 04:58:21 AM

Solo mining sucks that's why I'm still crossing my fingers and watching what will happen, once there is price on this coin and pools are available it will be easier to mine the coin and also make chia coins everyday not waiting for weeks or months that many are doing right now

///    ApeSwap.finance    ///
                Stake now for over 900% APR!               
ZeeeN

View Profile
April 30, 2021, 09:56:04 PM

Solo mining sucks that's why I'm still crossing my fingers and watching what will happen, once there is price on this coin and pools are available it will be easier to mine the coin and also make chia coins everyday not waiting for weeks or months that many are doing right now

it have pool now in hpool but you need tell seed to pool too that very risk.
Refrumatrix

Activity: 160
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2021, 11:26:33 AM

it have pool now in hpool but you need tell seed to pool too that very risk.
We can't call this a pool because it requires recovery seed, people's wallet will surely be compromised this way, I'd advice you stay away from such pool until we have a official mining pool or better third party pool

chup

Activity: 734
Merit: 262

Me, Myself & I

View Profile
May 02, 2021, 06:36:53 AM

lol its 95% clone of burst, 2y developing for what

FFS get real miners and stop hyping shit

They will need 2 more years to achieve what BURST had 4 years ago: GPU assisted plotting and mining pools.
Nevertheless, I like this hype - when it passes there will be so many HDDs available for hosting SIA Skynet.

CryptoATM

Activity: 71
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 02, 2021, 06:46:22 AM

lol its 95% clone of burst, 2y developing for what

FFS get real miners and stop hyping shit

They will need 2 more years to achieve what BURST had 4 years ago: GPU assisted plotting and mining pools.
Nevertheless, I like this hype - when it passes there will be so many HDDs available for hosting SIA Skynet.
I believe that chia coin is more than burstcoin will ever be, the whole idea of chia isn't just about the farming but yes people want to quickly get their hands on some coins, I believe what matters after all this is chia use cases, the use case have to be so good or else it will end up like burstcoin

Daltonik

Activity: 1652
Merit: 704

Buy $BGL before it's too late!

View Profile
May 03, 2021, 03:17:29 PM

To meet the demand of miners, the Chinese company Onda has introduced the Onda B365 D32-D4 Magic Edition motherboard. It allows you to simultaneously connect up to 32 SATA hard drives and solid-state drives with a total capacity of up to 448 TB https://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-motherboard-32-sata-ports-farming-chia

.......Bitgesell's first yearly halving is coming in less than a month!.......
        ██████████████▄▄▄
       ▐███████████████████▀
       ████████████████▀▀
                    ▀
                            ▄▄
      ███████████       ▄▄████
     ▐██████████▌      ███████
     ███████████      ███████▀
    ▐██████▌         ███████▀
    ███████       ▄▄███████▀
   ▐██████████████████████▀
  ▄█████████████████████▀
▄██████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████
█████▀               ██████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
██████▄       ▄████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
Williamm07

Activity: 53
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 03, 2021, 03:32:20 PM

To meet the demand of miners, the Chinese company Onda has introduced the Onda B365 D32-D4 Magic Edition motherboard. It allows you to simultaneously connect up to 32 SATA hard drives and solid-state drives with a total capacity of up to 448 TB https://www.tomshardware.com/news/intel-motherboard-32-sata-ports-farming-chia
Acknowledged, I read this online two days ago now and I'm really excited where this chia coin is leading green mining idea, today the project is finally launched but I'm still waiting for official pool to start mining the coin as it's too hard to solo mine right now

ZeeeN

View Profile
May 03, 2021, 05:40:59 PM

Acknowledged, I read this online two days ago now and I'm really excited where this chia coin is leading green mining idea, today the project is finally launched but I'm still waiting for official pool to start mining the coin as it's too hard to solo mine right now

dev working on pool maybe launch soon or if you can risk to mining at china hpool.

today is first day to trade chia price around 1400-1800$
Verbl Kint

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2021, 04:30:27 AM

Price has stabilized somewhat at US$800.  The initial price of over $1,600 surprised me to be honest but the $800 figure we ended up with after half a day was a bit disappointing as I was hoping for something over a thousand at least.

Still, it's early days and things should change once this coin gets to many other exchanges.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: